People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

If I were managing Jon Jones' career, I would either advise him to deactivate his Twitter or hire a guy to tweet for him. He'd probably gain fans just from that.

Im not annoyed he wants to fight the undefeated for #2 hw who just destroyed another former champ not someone he already beat. Its not like he said he will never fight gus again, he just wants fresh meat.

Never!

His performance in the cage is superior.

Outside the cage he is one lame, sad man who is doing everything wrong.

He makes millions of dollars and you post hate on sherdog...are you doing it right?

Both Jones & Rousey don't rustle me one bit.

I watch the UFC for fights/entertainment.
If i don't like someone i just ignore them.

Ignore list:
Cain
Bendo
Frankie

A lot of you look like whining babies.
You're grown men watching a sport. Not kids.

I cannot see any legitimate defense for Jon Jones behavior.

1. Gustafson is ready and waiting in the wings to fight.

2. The first fight was close and Jon got beat up pretty badly.

3. The UFC wants the fight.

4. Until this controversy and Cormier winning his last fight, all of the fans wanted the fight.

I tend to respect fighters who are willing to fight anyone, anytime and anywhere. I think there is something to be said of a guy who will fight like that. Additionally there is an etiquette that comes with being the champion. Jon has definitely violated that. Certainly Jon Jones is a lot closer to being a Tito Ortiz now then he is being a Rich Franklin, given his immaturity and antics.

Both Jones & Rousey don't rustle me one bit.

I watch the UFC for fights/entertainment.
If i don't like someone i just ignore them.

A lot of you look like whining babies.
You're grown men watching a sport. Not kids.

Ignoring something is not what we are getting at. I always despised when people would say, "if you don't like something don't watch it." That is not the point trying to be made. We are discussing a principle and whether something should or should not be done, not merely that I can avert my eyes and end the issue then and there. Only a fool would seriously think that this would satisfy the issue at hand.

Please explain how he is doing everything wrong exactly? Nobody seems to be able to articulate that all I hear is whining about his personality..

I can't agree that Jon Jones is doing "everything" wrong. However, he comes off as arrogant and self-righteous. Smashing his Bentley into a pole didn't help his image. A Bentley!? I can imagine what he thought....'Ah, I'll just buy another.'

So let me see if I can articulate what Jones is doing that is annoying so many people.

Obviously the first fight with Gustafson was a great fight and a lot of people were surprised at how closely contested that fight turned out. In comparison to almost all of Jon's other fights in the UFC, he got beat up in that fight and narrowly escaped that fight. I do not think anyone contests that as a fact. Jon vs. Gus was a closely contested fight and a great fight.

So normally a lot of people, myself included, often call for an encore when the first match ends unsatisfactorily. What I mean is that a decision is not always how many want to see a fight end. Another way a fight can end unsatisfactorily is when a freak injury stops a fight. Couture vs. Belfort 1 or Fedor vs. Nog 1 (is that the one? Which one is the one that is stopped early for a cut?) Barnett vs. Crocop 1. You may also note that each of these examples are intriguing match ups.

So given that Jones vs. Gus 1 was so closely contested and given that it ended in one of the categories I just mentioned in which we ultimately would like to see a more conclusive ending to an intriguing matchup, it seems that a second course of Jones vs. Gustafson is just what I ordered the waiter to bring to the table given how good the first fight tasted.

Ok, so the fans want the fight. The UFC is game and after giving Jones and Gus each a fight away from each other, and each fighter winning their prospective fights, it seemed even more logical and even more desirable to see this fight happen. The UFC presented Gus with a bout agreement. He signed it. So far we have:

(1) the first fight's closely contested
(2) the first fight ended in a close decision or unsatisfying ending - leaving us to wonder what a second fight would end like given (1)
(3) The fan base consensus was generally held that Gus should get this next shot and he is the number 1 contender.
(4) The UFC wants the fight as well
(5) Gus signed a bout agreement to fight Jon Jones

So what does Jon do in light of all this evidence?

Well, he stalls in signing or talking about the bout. He caustically spat at the idea of fighting Gustafson again. And then he told us too bad it is his career. He is putting up messages on the internet like a teenybopper telling the rest of us that we have basically no business in complaining about his decision to not sign a bout agreement to fight Gustafson. Arrogance? Yep, you bet.

This fight makes a lot of sense and I never use the word "nut hugger" but have to say that only the most devout Jones disciples and nut huggers will actually agree with their masters wishes and words in this case given the evidence I have listed.

What is Jones doing? Shirking his employer's wishes, the fans (who consequently are responsible for the money that supports his career), Gustafson and the legitimacy of his title since he is the champion and a champion should take on all comers who question his title, in the case Gustafson, and Jones is not answering the call.

Jones is definitely a product of social media and a total prima donna. He has a personality that makes you want to see him get smacked in the head and he thinks he is bigger than he is. He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

I believe he grew up insecure because he wasn't that smart and now has a chip on his shoulder because he has a successful career despite not having the grades to get into a quality college and pursue his wrestling ambitions.

It is widely documented that both Iowa and Iowa State wanted Jon to wrestle for them but he simply didn't have the mental proficiency in academics. However, due to his tremendous wrestling ability both of those schools helped him get into Iowa Central Community College so they could keep him in state.

10390251_763641897021071_5209235599364392731_n.jpg

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Quote-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

I find champs who actually dont defend their belt more annoying then a drama queen. JBJ is p4p no1 and LHW champ for a long time, he fights very regurarly. Unlike all the "injured" champs: hendricks pettis cain cruz...

I believe he grew up insecure because he wasn't that smart and now has a chip on his shoulder because he has a successful career despite not having the grades to get into a quality college and pursue his wrestling ambitions.

It is widely documentehid that both Iowa and Iowa State wanted Jon to wrestle for them but he simply didn't have the mental proficiency in academics. However, due to his tremendous wrestling ability both of those schools helped him get into Iowa Central Community College so they could keep him in state.
I didn't know this about bones and you raise a good point it might also be a defensive mechanisms that because of his poor schooling he doesn't want to appear dumb or someone that can be taken advantage of and walked all over

This, Tito was the other annoying champ. Though I'm sure there was another one here/there that we just didn't have as much info on. Back in the day there wasn't as much notice in the news, obviously

Bones is really bad though. if this was about money I'd support him. But this is just a ridiculous situation all-around. It's not all on Jones, but he's not helping.

Common bond, both were highly paid b/c of their stances. Rich Franklin made as little as $30,000 as champ. That is why the UFC love him.

Very annoying personality, but the fights are exciting.

No he's that annoying, but since his personality is the only thing you seen to be able to latch on to to criticize him about, anything he says or does is going to get magnified to epic proportions.

That's why you're suddenly so offended by an eyepoke, you dissect every interview and tweet and facial expression so you can jump on sherdog and yell "ZOMG!! HE'S SO FAKE AND COCKY I CAN'T STAND IT RARGH!!"

Seriously is this so much of a big deal?

Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

What's annoying is you Jones haters who think he should not only bend over backwards for the UFC, a promoter who doesn't give 2 fooks about Jones or any other fighter, but rather bend over forward.

Jones is in the middle of a contract negotiation, so he shouldn't sign the fight agreement until that's done. Now that being said DC is the biggest pay day out there for him right now, so THAT is the fight Jones should be pushing for, not a rematch with a guy he's already beaten. Jones is doing what is in Jones' best interests, just like the UFC does, and it is just insane that people like you think he should put the UFC before his career. If Jones starts losing he will be dropped like a bad habit. So dont expect him to treat the UFC better than they treat him.

In terms of not saving UFC 151, you are aware these events are insured right? And no, Jones did the right thing, his opponent was injured, they were bringing in someone with a completely different style who is a very solid fighter, and Jones did what was in HIS best interests, which is EXACTLY what he should do and EXACTLY what the UFC would have done.

It's nonsense to suggest Jones should basically be the UFC's bitch and do anything they say when it's not in his interests. Promoters are not your friends in the fight game, they will ride you until your leg breaks and then shoot you in the head and go find another fighter to ride.

Also, as someone who has met Jones, instead of a kid on the internet who doesn't know the first thing about him, he's a really cool and humble guy. He hung out with me and my brother for a while just shooting the shit and what not, he was really gracious and was just happy to have fans imo, there was nothing cocky about him. Total class act, unlike some other fighters I've met.

Back