PED cheats and the snowball effect

athletes need to take the aussie swimmers approach.

sun yang has had multiple doping issues and stories of him smashing his blood vials that were collected by testers. mack horton was having none of that and did a silent protest by not acknowledging the cheaters 'win'. he stood off the winners podium when they were taking the pic of them because he didnt want to acknowledge a cheater as a winner. good on him i say. cheaters are cowards. like anderson and jones.

11334830-16x9-700x394.jpg

This 100%

It's the same with say, those pics of the women's netball players getting steamrolled by a giant tranny. Why not just walk off the pitch and refuse to play? If everyone started doing that the message would get across so much better.

So you hate all athletes.

contrary to what armchair sports fans who never train and only read a couple of stories on the internet think, there are a lot of athletes (yes, even successful ones) who aren't made of PEDs.

contrary to what armchair sports fans who never train and only read a couple of stories on the internet think, there are a lot of athletes (yes, even successful ones) who aren't made of PEDs.
If you're aware of how the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL do their drug testing, this is completely inaccurate.

Fun fact 1: sports leagues that have a collective bargaining agreement require testers to inform the player where and when the testing will be taking place, allowing the player to schedule their cycling around the testing.

Fun fact 2: sports leagues that have a collective bargaining agreement require failed recreational drug tests to be kept within it's own category of failed testing, and if the player goes to AA meetings he becomes exonerated from the previous failed recreational drug tests.

That is how drug testing for professional athletes goes. The testing is done so that when injury happens the league is secure from a legal stand point. Keeping a "fair playing field" is not in any way shape or form a concern. Welcome to the real world.

Last edited:
If you're aware of how the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL do their drug testing, this is completely inaccurate.

in my country those sports aren't even things so that's certainly not what came to my mind when someone implied 'all athletes are on roids' ;)

in my country those sports aren't even things so that's certainly not what came to my mind when someone implied 'all athletes are on roids' ;)
Well those four sports leagues make up 60% of the sports revenue in the world, making those the most prominent professional sports.

Well those four sports leagues make up 60% of the sports revenue in the world, so those are most of the prominent professional sports.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'prominent', because they also exist only in one country with global participation that ranges from patchy to nonexistant.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'prominent', because they also exist only in one country with global participation that ranges from patchy to nonexistant.
You seem stuck on a really stupid argument. The FAPL falls under the exact same category of what I was saying about sports leagues with collective bargaining agreements. Drug testing is a joke in all soccer leagues as well. Get a clue lol

You might not like it but all serious athletes are on gear. Why would anybody intentionally handicap themselves?

Of course, you really have to be either very naive ( or dumb ), or never have done any competitive sport, or both to believe physical feats like snatching 200kg or running a 9''58 100meters dash is anything close to natural. LOL
good point, made me think of gym rats in this day and age. i have worked out for about 25 years and especially in the last 10 years or so, roided up gym rats who are just big for the sake of being big, are rampant. in my experienceback in the day, there used to be 1-3 dudes who were bigger than everyone else and were visibly on gear. now there are at least dozens. over here (western Europe) you can literally ask at the counter at any commercial gym chain for steroids and you'll get them. accessible for everyone in this day and age.

It's not a snowball effect, more than half of the list is also on PEDs, in fact Russia was taken away from an olympic game for having a federal pro-PED program to help cheaters cheat, and most likely "to help" can be replaced to "to oblige", I bet all other countries do that, specially USA and China.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9600926/eleven-premier-league-stars-positive-drug-tests/

Your article is 3 years old and deals in false promises. My article is 7 months old and deals with actual facts. Let me repeat. Drug testing in major sports leagues are purely for show.

I’m simply responding to your argument that sports with CBAs don’t conduct random testing.

You can definitely be suspicious of the FAs claims and of the athletes being cleared, but you haven’t provided any concrete evidence of this. All you have in that article is Pound’s opinion. Of course, his assessment is not something I take lightly, but even though he is often right, he is also known for talking out of his ass.

PS: It’s ironic that you are using the opinions of someone like Pound to prop up your attitude of laissez-faire towards PEDs.

Last edited:
lol, why does it seem like only the West gets so butt hurt over PEDs, who cares... it's part of high level athletics, it's always been that way and it will always continue being that way for years to come.

Its a general attitude towards cheaters in general. Some people believe if you're not cheating then you're not really trying, others believe any cheating is bad. Its not just MMA, look at the various reactions to the Patriots football inflation, or the Astro's stealing signals. Some folks think that's all part of football and baseball respectively, other people think its wrong. Or how about Maradona's "Hand of God" in the world cup of soccer?

In MMA there are a number of ways of cheating -- PED's, fence grabbing, eye-poking, greasing, even doctoring gloves and wraps. Some people say they're all okay if you get away with them (some even say there shouldn't be rules against any of it because its more entertaining if people can cheat), other people they're all wrong simply because they're against the rules.

Cheating has always been part of sport, and as you say, always will be. Some people care, some don't. In fact, to be cynical, most people only care when its someone they don't like who's doing it. People who got upset at GSP for greasing never seem to mind that Anderson greased as well (there's a gif of him openly doing it in the cage). Then those same GSP fans who don't care about the greasing suddenly get all rule oriented when it comes to Jones' eye pokes. Its pretty hard not to be cynical about fans who cherry pick which rules they think are bad to break and which ones are okay to break. I find it easier to sympathize with fans who either say all cheating is bad, or all cheating is okay.

someone post the link to DC's incredibly sketchy tests in the past...........where he didn't fail for any steroids outright but just happen to somehow complete a camp and compete with the T levels of a 95 year old women during chemo therapy.

Yep. definitely nothing weird at all going on there.

I think MMA fans have an extremely short memory. DC, Lawler, etc, etc, etc, all have extremely suspect shit in their past but just because USADA hasn't officially caught them they get a free pass.

Suspect how Cormier says he's never failed a test, not that he's never taken anything

I’m simply responding to your argument that sports with CBAs don’t conduct random testing.

You can definitely be suspicious of the FAs claims and of the athletes being cleared, but you haven’t provided any concrete evidence of this. All you have in that article is Pound’s opinion. Of course, his assessment is not something I take lightly, but even though he is often right, he is also known for talking out of his ass.

PS: It’s ironic that you are using the opinions of someone like Pound to prop up your attitude of laissez-faire towards PEDs.
Listen, I'm gonna help you with the process of this. When a drug tester shows up looking for an athletes pee, the athlete has a choice. They can pee in the cup, or deny the tester. If an athlete denies the testing they are fined by the league and the tester will come back at another date and time. However what does not occur is the player is not suspended by the league until multiple violations have occurred. That is a standard clause in all sports leagues CBAs. The players unions have intentionally protected themselves from sports league's drug testing, and the leagues have no intention of ever fighting those players rights because a "clean" game is not the purpose of drug testing in sports. Protecting themselves from legal ramifications is. The leagues would also have to give up something of immense value to get the change rectified, like a larger percentage of the revenue to player wages, and that's not going to happen.

I live in the bargaining agreement world. I'm simply telling you the reality of how this stuff works.

Last edited:
Back