PED cheats and the snowball effect

CPH

street lethal
@Gold
Reaction score
a2f49220-5a42-11ea-a7fe-83cf644127d9

In the aftermath of swimmer Sun Yang getting an 8 year ban for failing to submit a sample, Chad le Clos made these comments (see below).

I feel that he is making a very important point here, and one that seems to fly over the heads of many MMA fans.

In a combat sport like MMA, where competitors only have so many camps and fights in them and where most fighters’ chances of even competing for a belt are few and far between, drug cheats are destroying careers.

'Snowball effect'
Olympic champion Chad le Clos told CNN that he believed he "deserved" the gold medal he was denied after finishing second behind Sun in the 200m freestyle in 2016.

"It's obviously not for me to judge but of course, I believe that I deserve that gold medal because back in 2016, it was actually a personal best and actually a South African record," Le Clos told CNN Sport's Amanda Davies.

"I feel like it's not only about me. It's about James Guy who finished fourth in that race, whoever came ninth and whoever came 17th missed out on Olympic finals and semifinals. It's a snowball effect.

"At the end of the day, you're killing generations of swimmers by not punishing these drug cheats because for example, if Guy had got bronze and on the podium, it could have changed his life.

"If I hadn't had got gold in London and I had gone into Rio as my first race, and I had got a gold medal, it would have changed my life. It's not just me but they should go and have a look at some of the stuff that's happened."

lol, why does it seem like only the West gets so butt hurt over PEDs, who cares... it's part of high level athletics, it's always been that way and it will always continue being that way for years to come.

Jones snowballed DC from being LHW/possibly all time goat confirmed

if you want to win youll find a way to win.....a GOAT will find a way

(to either still win natty or beat the drug tests)

Jones snowballed DC from being LHW/possibly all time goat confirmed
someone post the link to DC's incredibly sketchy tests in the past...........where he didn't fail for any steroids outright but just happen to somehow complete a camp and compete with the T levels of a 95 year old women during chemo therapy.

Yep. definitely nothing weird at all going on there.

I think MMA fans have an extremely short memory. DC, Lawler, etc, etc, etc, all have extremely suspect shit in their past but just because USADA hasn't officially caught them they get a free pass.

Of course drug cheats are potentially taking the glory, fame and financial incentive of hardworking guys who deserved it way more.
That's one of the things that makes me despise PED cheats... but now at the highest level of sports they only have one choice if they don't want to get ripped off : dope too...
Not to mention in combat sports the added force/power will potentially hurt your opponent too.

Currently you are getting rewarded by our Instagram society for druging yourself, smh.

I'm surprised in this "information age" that most professional sports fans are so oblivious to the fact that chemical help is needed to perform at this level, when commercial interests are involved. To simplify this and put it into Diaz' words; everybody is on steroids. The issue is the stigma that goes along with it and the way this whole thing is being handled in the public eye.

It is baffling to me that some people still think in terms of those who use and those who don't. There are countless examples in all sports, even in lower leagues decades back, that performance enhancing drugs are here, have been here and will be here as long as the performance level expectations stay what they are.

I think it's better to think in terms of who gets caught and who doesn't. I have zero issues with steroid use in MMA or wherever as long as it is done sensibly. In my mind, and I've said this many times, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do what these men and women do at the level they do it, without a little chemical help. Regardless of skill,talent what have you

lol, why does it seem like only the West gets so butt hurt over PEDs, who cares... it's part of high level athletics, it's always been that way and it will always continue being that way for years to come.

At least in combat sports this should be regulated for health reasons.
This isn't tennis or baseball.

By the way , why ? Maybe because if every teenager starts to use PED's ( which is very easy nowadays ) to mimic their sporting heroes we will soon have public health issues, like in the UK where over an estimated million of gym goers are on PED and it's getting worrying for the government...?
Because who do you think will pay once these dumbasses that use cheap products from bulgaria or china under no medical supervision ( on the opposite to high end athletes ) will get health issues / illnesses ???

I'm surprised in this "information age" that most professional sports fans are so oblivious to the fact that chemical help is needed to perform at this level, when commercial interests are involved. To simplify this and put it into Diaz' words; everybody is on steroids. The issue is the stigma that goes along with it and the way this whole thing is being handled in the public eye.

It is baffling to me that some people still think in terms of those who use and those who don't. There are countless examples in all sports, even in lower leagues decades back, that performance enhancing drugs are here, have been here and will be here as long as the performance level expectations stay what they are.

I think it's better to think in terms of who gets caught and who doesn't. I have zero issues with steroid use in MMA or wherever as long as it is done sensibly. In my mind, and I've said this many times, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do what these men and women do at the level they do it, without a little chemical help. Regardless of skill,talent what have you

Of course, you really have to be either very naive ( or dumb ), or never have done any competitive sport, or both to believe physical feats like snatching 200kg or running a 9''58 100meters dash is anything close to natural. LOL

someone post the link to DC's incredibly sketchy tests in the past...........where he didn't fail for any steroids outright but just happen to somehow complete a camp and compete with the T levels of a 95 year old women during chemo therapy.

Yep. definitely nothing weird at all going on there.

I think MMA fans have an extremely short memory. DC, Lawler, etc, etc, etc, all have extremely suspect shit in their past but just because USADA hasn't officially caught them they get a free pass.

I don't remember the numbers but I think you are stretching it/exaggerating.
Vitor Conte, who is an authority on the subject if there ever was one, said in a podcast that DC's levels before the Jones fight were possible for a man his age after a grueling training camp.
He also said Jones's one weren't, and we all know what happened multiple times since.
I'll take his word on that one ( doesn't mean DC wasn't on something at some point but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt especially since his body evolution has clearly been following his age since he started MMA )

He's not even in the same tier as the true GOATs. He is the best LHW we've seen tho

Definitely, but he looks like it's coming to an end lately.
His latest performances have been really dropping.

GOAT of what, injecting steroids into his limp dick?
giphy.gif

Jones competed before and during USADA, and has never been beaten. Don't act like none of his opponents, before or recent, never had help.

And that's my same answer to this thread as a whole.

Of course people have cheated. Some get caught now. Some got caught 50 years ago.

At the highest levels of competition, you have to be ridiculously stupid to think no one is trying to get an edge, legal or otherwise.

Back