Pearson, "I'm hurting right now..."

Dude your butthurt, its okay. You can talk like your nuts are big. But you're so butthurt that your blind rage confused you to the fact that I said Ross won.

But Ross could have done more to close the gap on the decision from the already bias judges (Obviously...he lost). It wasn't a clean crisp win and that's what he didn't do and that's why your ass is hurt bitching on sherdog about it. Welcome to reality.

What you fanboys forget is that this isn't point karate. This isn't point wrestling. This is a CAGE FIGHT and sometimes that's how the judges view the fight. Is it right? Is it accurate? Fuck NO! and it needs to be explored but what can you do other than "leave no room" for the judges to see you WON the fight!

Listen child, you pulling out the 'butthurt' card only shows how much your panties are bunched up, it reminds me of the teenagers I coach - so calm down kid.

I understood you thought ross won from your first post, no confusion there. What you seemed blind and confused to is how contradicting your argument is and the simple fact that your interpretation of the fight is foolish - it was a clear cut win and he really didn't need to do more - he won every round decisively. He followed arguably a perfect gameplan.

It isn't point karate, it isn't wrasslin'. It isn't cage fighting either. Its mixed martial arts, and it involves strategy. Ross used an effective one to win a clean crisp win, contrary to what you're arguing. To say othwerwise is wrong in my opinion.

I personally think he won 29-28 eeaasssyyyy if not a 30-27 but he needs to blame himself, not the judges. You can't win back pedaling popshooting. Machida vs Rampage told us this.

I didn't see that though. I honestly don't think Diego landed more than 5 punches the whole fight. On a side note, I do not think he is entertaining at all.

Ugh, I can't believe some of you are defending this decision.

All Diego did was throw punches and spinning back kicks at the air, make mean faces, and wave Pearson in every time Pearson landed.

This might be the worst decision I've ever seen in the sport.
Those who say Ross was backpedaling, did you even watch the fight? Sanches usually is the guy moving forward, but not in this fight. Ross was walking down Sanches for the most part. And landing crisp strikes. Rocked him on a couple occasions.
Sanches is one of my favourite fighters to watch and I was rooting for him to win against Ross. But that doesn't change the fact that he was outclassed.
Shame on that judge who gave Sanches 30-27. Horrible.

I highlighted the parts that are really fucking retarded.

Do you understand that maybe the fighters are somewhat close in skill level and maybe the winner isn't capable of beating the shit out of his opponent? Maybe it wasn't his best night. Maybe Diego wasn't a good matchup for him to move forward throwing bombs all day considering that he isn't usually a guy who likes to take a ton of punishment. Regardless, he did enough to win, and that's what should count.

There shouldn't be a margin of how much you have to win by for it to be considered a good enough win. By making excuses for the judges and blaming Ross you are making it ok.

another well said addition, thanks for shutting this guy down.... again.

Dude your butthurt, its okay. You can talk like your nuts are big. But you're so butthurt that your blind rage confused you to the fact that I said Ross won.

But Ross could have done more to close the gap on the decision from the already bias judges (Obviously...he lost). It wasn't a clean crisp win and that's what he didn't do and that's why your ass is hurt bitching on sherdog about it. Welcome to reality.

What you fanboys forget is that this isn't point karate. This isn't point wrestling. This is a CAGE FIGHT and sometimes that's how the judges view the fight. Is it right? Is it accurate? Fuck NO! and it needs to be explored but what can you do other than "leave no room" for the judges to see you WON the fight!

Clear as fuckin water that pearson won. You are as stupid as that 30-27 judge.

Please cancel your sherdog account. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Worst decision I personally have ever seen. Diego was rocked at the 1:11 mark in the second and was knocked down. If jon jones can win the 4rth against gus by getting dominated all round and landing the biggest punch, then how the fuck does Ross not at least win the second? These judges are trash and deserve to get put in the cage with these guys they screw, bet we wouldnt have bad decisions if that was the penalty :)

It seems like the "judges" can never ever be held accountable or yet even explain how they came that "decision"

There should be an appeal process for these sort of situations

Strange usually when Dana feels the decision was wrong he usually pays the fighter. It's happened in the past for far less controversial decisions. Why not now?

He probably doesnt want to discredit diegos win for a future mexico event or something.

You are spot on!
Thank you

I'm sure most of us feel the same way. Obviously Pearson is the one who got screwed but even as fans it feels like we got cheated if what happens in the fight doesn't even matter. Hope it leads to some type of mandatory qualifications/training for judges that includes oversight. Half a paycheck just gone. I have seen 30-27s both ways were the rounds were superclose and it is hard to tell what the judges are going to reward more as far as take-downs or striking or who they think edged out each close round. But that was the biggest disgrace of a 30-27 I have ever seen for Diego. No point in going over why round by round as just about everybody is in agreement

Have a good one

To the stocks with their sorry asses. Well, Jeff Collins and Chris Tellez anyway. Marcos Rosales is exempt from ridicule.

It's so true. The word robbery is used literally here. He lost half of his money because of this.

Thought Pearson won, but was not at all surprised when they gave it to Sanchez (but I am a bit surprised so many seem surprised, certainly you have seen such decisions in the ufc before?). Pearson was too conservative, at least Sanchez on occasion looked like he tried to win, which was probably what the judges saw.

Have you guys actually seen the fight? Sanchez was walking backwards just as much as Pearson, if not more.

I personally think he won 29-28 eeaasssyyyy if not a 30-27 but he needs to blame himself, not the judges. You can't win back pedaling popshooting. Machida vs Rampage told us this.

Barboza took the nod against Pearson while back pedaling basically the entire fight.

You're a clueless fuck, you dont get it.. and there is no reasoning with you. Well done.

So where is the loud-mouth-dana now ?

OH yeah I guess he's busy preparing another Ronda's PR ?

Fuck that retarded and 100% wrong way of thinking.

According to the rules, moving forwards has no bearing on the scoring unless the striking is effective. Following a guy around the ring and losing most exchanges is worth shit.

Another thing: people continually confuse going forward with the notorious 'octagon control'.

First, you are not controlling shit if the guy moving backwards is deciding when the exchanges take place and is consistently outstriking you.

Second, in a striking only fight as this was, octagon control is a low-ranking scoring criteria that should only come into play when the fight is extremely close in terms of significant strikes landed.

Next time he should do more than back peddle the whole fight and maybe, just maybe he will win a decision. All this point fighting is pissing me off lately.

Tell me next how much you dislike Ali because his amount of decisions.

Back