Pearson, "I'm hurting right now..."

Here is another case in point that I want to bring up to those in disagreement with ross' performance or the whole 'don't leave it in the hands of the judges' / 'didn't do enough' disagreeing argument.

While those disagreements are true in some cases, with Ross it wasn't - like I've explained he fought an effective, clear winning strategy. It was wise and deserved the W.

Luke Barnette vs. Sean Strickland last weekend is a fight and controversial decision that I would agree to the whole 'don't leave it in the hands of the judges' or 'should have done more' argument. I bet on Strickland, but obviously got damn lucky as I think Barnatte was robbed of a decision.

Yet unlike the diego / pearson robbery, I think that Barnatte could have done more and didn't fight to a smart strategy. While Strickland was backpeddling most the fight, barnatte was not necessarily engaging from the outside and taking it to Strickland. He fought too conservative and tried to blame Strickland for not fighting. While there is some truth to that, I also think there is some truth to the fact that barnatte did nor pursue as much as he could have and did not go for fight ending flurries that were there. Simply put, he did not fight to a good strategy and should have utilized more / done things differently to not let it go to the judges.

Ross did enough, and did enough to clearly win a decision. You cannot blame him for fighting the strategy he did an for it going to the scorecards; it was effective, damaging, well planned, and a winner.

Dude...Ross won. The point is, he was fighting in a fighters home country and hometown, on top of being a fan and company favorite.

It should not play the factor in a fight but it does. Pearson did not have room to back pedal. He did not have room to WAIT FOR DIEGO TO COME TO HIM to beat him up. Diego was throwing alot of punches and kicks (not as accurate of COURSE) but he was pushing the pace the entire TIME. He controlled the pace of the fight. He left room to win the fight. Pearson did not do every he could have to win in the eye's of the already bias judges.

Guess what happens win you fight to win like that? I can't stress Machida vs Rampage enough

Really feel bad for him dana can say don't leave it to the judges but people need to be held accountable for their mistakes when they cant do their jobs

It was a fuucking 1 point fight and far from a robbery there have been much worse decisions yet nothing was done.

Close fight but its not like Pearson beat him from pillar to post. He was being to passive aswell it will teach him to be more active next time something Dana always preaches about.

Strange usually when Dana feels the decision was wrong he usually pays the fighter. It's happened in the past for far less controversial decisions. Why not now?

Yeah I 100% expected Dana to publicly state he gets win money.

Next time he should do more than back peddle the whole fight and maybe, just maybe he will win a decision. All this point fighting is pissing me off lately.

See the fight was IMHO 30-27 clearly for Ross. But you can't just sit back and counter the way he did. He had multiple chances to really put a stamp on the fight and he didn't.

This is fucking bullshit. Aggression is one of the scoring criteria but it is BELOW, not above, effective striking. Counter punchers are my favorite boxers to watch and I like counter strikers in MMA as well. The problem needs to be fixed. The problem is scoring, not counter striking.

He won without a shadow of a doubt. To say he didn't win enough to get the decision sounds completely absurd. You think it's ok for a fighters to go in with a some kind of free points handicap?

Hey the Judge Jeff Collins works Las Vegas too. Lets investigate him.

Dude...Ross won. The point is, he was fighting in a fighters home country and hometown, on top of being a fan and company favorite.

It should not play the factor in a fight but it does. Pearson did not have room to back pedal. He did not have room to WAIT FOR DIEGO TO COME TO HIM to beat him up. Diego was throwing alot of punches and kicks (not as accurate of COURSE) but he was pushing the pace the entire TIME. He controlled the pace of the fight. He left room to win the fight. Pearson did not do every he could have to win in the eye's of the already bias judges.

Guess what happens win you fight to win like that? I can't stress Machida vs Rampage enough

You're identifying problems as justification for blaming Ross. Why would Pearson brawl with Diego? He clearly had the ability to avoid strikes and counter him all night. He did. He won the fight soundly.

You can't say he got what he deserved for not fighting in a different way. He won. That's it. End of story. You can't blame him for not winning by a large enough margin. There are no fucking handicap points. At least there shouldn't be, and by blaming Ross you are making it ok.

And I'm sick of hearing that, "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" bullshit. There should be a change made to reduce or eliminate these kinds of obvious mistakes.

I feel bad for british fighters. They are making money but due to the exchange rate making 50k in dollars means making a little more than 25k in Britain. A 20 piece chicken nugget meal is 5 bucks in usa but 4 and some change in british lb in england.

Dude... You are delusional if you think it wasn't diego backpeddling half that fight and if you think diego 'controlled the pace of the fight', c'mon guy get out of here with that nonsense it was all ross ALL THREE ROUNDS. He countered and also went on the offensive plenty. I can't believe you don't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying, the other thread user called you out for the same thing - What you just described above for pearson's performance, which isn't true, could be applied to Diego's performance as well. You are contradicting, or you saw a completely different fight from what I saw.

Using Machida / page as a comparison is also ludicrous - completely different fight, numbers / punches thrown, different styles, and different way it played out.

Ross did enough, and if you blame him or think he did not do enough to win then I'm calling you a crazy fool. Sorry for resorting to the name calling but its warranted here.

And I'm sick of hearing that, "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" bullshit. There should be a change made to reduce or eliminate these kinds of obvious mistakes.

I agree.

If you don't think fighters should be able to win decisions, they should just remove time limits. Fuck it.

looks like he has to go back to his acting roots.

12430-24647.gif

ross-pearson-image-2-148150057.jpg

Dude... You are delusional if you think it wasn't diego backpeddling half that fight and if you think diego 'controlled the pace of the fight', c'mon guy get out of here with that nonsense it was all ross ALL THREE ROUNDS. He countered and also went on the offensive plenty. I can't believe you don't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying, the other thread user called you out for the same thing - What you just described above for pearson's performance, which isn't true, could be applied to Diego's performance as well. You are contradicting, or you saw a completely different fight from what I saw.

Using Machida / page as a comparison is also ludicrous - completely different fight, numbers / punches thrown, different styles, and different way it played out.

Ross did enough, and if you blame him or think he did not do enough to win then I'm calling you a crazy fool. Sorry for resorting to the name calling but its warranted here.

Dude your butthurt, its okay. You can talk like your nuts are big. But you're so butthurt that your blind rage confused you to the fact that I said Ross won.

But Ross could have done more to close the gap on the decision from the already bias judges (Obviously...he lost). It wasn't a clean crisp win and that's what he didn't do and that's why your ass is hurt bitching on sherdog about it. Welcome to reality.

What you fanboys forget is that this isn't point karate. This isn't point wrestling. This is a CAGE FIGHT and sometimes that's how the judges view the fight. Is it right? Is it accurate? Fuck NO! and it needs to be explored but what can you do other than "leave no room" for the judges to see you WON the fight!

Dude your butthurt, its okay. You can talk like your nuts are big. But you're so butthurt that your blind rage confused you to the fact that I said Ross won.

But Ross could have done more to close the gap on the decision from the already bias judges (Obviously...he lost). It wasn't a clean crisp win and that's what he didn't do and that's why your ass is hurt bitching on sherdog about it. Welcome to reality.

What you fanboys forget is that this isn't point karate. This isn't point wrestling. This is a CAGE FIGHT and sometimes that's how the judges view the fight. Is it right? Is it accurate? Fuck NO! and it needs to be explored but what can you do other than "leave no room" for the judges to see you WON the fight!

I highlighted the parts that are really fucking retarded.

Do you understand that maybe the fighters are somewhat close in skill level and maybe the winner isn't capable of beating the shit out of his opponent? Maybe it wasn't his best night. Maybe Diego wasn't a good matchup for him to move forward throwing bombs all day considering that he isn't usually a guy who likes to take a ton of punishment. Regardless, he did enough to win, and that's what should count.

There shouldn't be a margin of how much you have to win by for it to be considered a good enough win. By making excuses for the judges and blaming Ross you are making it ok.

Back