Pearson, "I'm hurting right now..."

These judges should not be allowed to have drugs/alcohol on fight day, no contact with anyone ringside, unable to hear others in the arena . The criteria needed to score ( octagon control, effective striking etc) should be highlighted on the scorecard to justify points given.

I swear the judge must have been watching (and scoring) Diego vs Joe Stephenson on a monitor somewhere.

I personally think he won 29-28 eeaasssyyyy if not a 30-27 but he needs to blame himself, not the judges. You can't win back pedaling popshooting. Machida vs Rampage told us this.

Machida vs Rampage being compared to Pearson vs Sanchez is nauseating. Machida did next to nothing for over 2/3 of the fight, and the few brief exchanges they did have outside of R3 were won by Rampage.

Pearson deserved to win vs Sanchez. But Machida did not deserve to win vs Rampage. Apples and oranges fights.

These judges should not be allowed to have drugs/alcohol on fight day, no contact with anyone ringside, unable to hear others in the arena . The criteria needed to score ( octagon control, effective striking etc) should be highlighted on the scorecard to justify points given.

Or remove the octagon control criteria all togheter. Its so vague and hard to quantify. If my opponent is pressing forward but Im outlanding him, why should he get extra points for staying in my comfort zone?

"Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" - Dana White

I know you're saying this sarcastically, but there are actually some retards who use this as an actual argument. This statement has got to be one of the most intellectually lazy arguments one can make in MMA.

See the fight was IMHO 30-27 clearly for Ross. But you can't just sit back and counter the way he did. He had multiple chances to really put a stamp on the fight and he didn't.

Agreed, if Pearson would have been a little more aggressive instead of just countering, I would call robbery.

Bad decision by two of the judges, but not bad enough as to call for an inquiry. The judge who had it scored 30-27 however, needs to have an inquiry and possible suspension/retraining.

Anyone defending this decision needs should just stop watching MMA.

Diego didn't win a round, let alone three.

Or remove the octagon control criteria all togheter. Its so vague and hard to quantify. If my opponent is pressing forward but Im outlanding him, why should he get extra points for staying in my comfort zone?

If Sanchez wasn't the aggressor...it would have been a boring fight. Octagon control and aggression need to be part of the point scoring system, otherwise most fighters would sit back and counter as it is much easier to attack another fighter when their defense is open.

If Sanchez wasn't the aggressor...it would have been a boring fight. Octagon control and aggression need to be part of the point scoring system, otherwise most fighters would sit back and counter as it is much easier to attack another fighter when their defense is open.

Aggression isnt a part of the scoring system. However, octagon control is often interpreted as that, while in reality a counter striker is in control when his opponent is chasing him.

Your assumption that counter striking is easier is very uninformed. Most of the time the roles of aggressor-defender will be decided by the fighter that fights better from the outside.

Edit: The UFC webpage actually says that both aggression and defense should be scored. In my opinion offense without results is pretty useless

Last edited:
Not surprised after the beating Diego gave him

They should book Ross Pearson vs Jeff Collins @ the Dublin card, then we'll see who will be hurting.

Ross won but he really didn't do a whole lot part of this is his fault

The guy who scored it 30-27 isn't incompetent he's currupt, not even a bad judge could score that 30-27 for Diego. His financial records and those close to him should be checked.

My thinking too man, its why I can't really see an excuse for such a score.

I don't believe in corruption among mma and the big athletic commissions, but that 30-27 is nuts and really has me questioning things. And the fact TWO judges got it wrong make it even more fishy.

You either have two very biased, dumb ass judges who gave a horrible score and did a horrible job as professionals, or you have a straight corrupt fix or some bigger alternative motive we just can't see here.

He really should be required to explain himself for the 30-27 (and like I said there is no explanation that should keep him from being fired / resign).

Pearson and others deserve some sort of answer from that dude (that's a simple reform right there - require judges give public justification to questionable scores).

Then get that corrupt / incompetent / moronic / all of the above trash out of the sport.

I'd say more likely incompetent and swayed by the crowd. If it was for bank purposes, he could have gave Pearson that last round to make it 29-28. It'd still be a terrible decision, but it probably wouldn't have got quite the same outroar as the 30-27 has caused.

good point, I retract half of what I just posted above...........if there was any type of fix / corruption / whatever you wanna call it, he wouldn't have gone 30-27.

I think both of then should have lost via boring fight... I didn't see either one make an attempt to end that fight. Looked like a half ass sparring match

Strange usually when Dana feels the decision was wrong he usually pays the fighter. It's happened in the past for far less controversial decisions. Why not now?

It'd be like reimbursing the bank you just robbed. Makes the sting a little pointless, no?

Back