Pavlik

Yeah, and Miranda didn't make weight for the Pavlik fight. It's not like they fought comparable versions of the same fighter.

I didn't know he didn't make weight, all I'd heard was that he had major struggles getting there. I remember hearing recently that Abraham and Miranda are fighting again, you know if thats confirmed?

...excuses, excuses...

26 year old Pavlik will KO 36 year old Calzaghe inside 7 or 8 rds if the fight ever gets made.
Calzaghe's ready to be taken.

Pavlik will aggressively walk right through Calzaghe's slaps, take some superficial facial damage for a few rds before putting Joe on the canvas for the 10 count handing him his first professional loss. I have no doubts about the outcome of that fight whatsoever.

I'd like to see it.

I'm not sure if youre serious but I actually agree with this. PAvlik has a style thats not going to keep him on top for long. I do think he is a good fighter, but seems one dimensional. Its not going to work forever.

Anyone who thinks pavlik isnt a very good fighter is just plain silly. For a guy as talentless and one dimesional as you guys say its quite an accomlishment to shut someone as talented as jermain taylor down twice. HE also has incredible power. The reason he hasnt dipped into his arsenal is because he hasnt had to. Imo he is also head and shoulders above the current talent at his weight

...excuses, excuses...

26 year old Pavlik will KO 36 year old Calzaghe inside 7 or 8 rds if the fight ever gets made.

Pavlik will aggressively walk right through Calzaghe's slaps, take some superficial facial damage for a few rds before putting Joe on the canvas for the 10 count handing him his first professional loss. I have no doubts about the outcome of that fight whatsoever.

I'd like to see it.

I'm glad someone else sees the light.

...excuses, excuses...

I'd like to see it.

So would I, because it sounds like we're going to have a little wager.

I still believe Jermain Taylor is a good boxer. I dont consider him average at all. I dont consider him an all time great but I do believe he has the Potential. He has decent speed and he's athletically gifted. Plus I think he's proved he can take a punch, Pavlik hit him with bombs and Hopkins (while not a devistating puncher) hit him with some big shots (Some which were alot harder than the shot that took Calzaghe and Tarver down). I also belive Taylor has alot of heart. I know heart doesnt get you anything but beatings like Gatti got without a high skill level but I believe Taylor's got the goods.

Nothing you said here puts Taylor above the average Fighter save for that you say "I believe" before stating his potential to be above average. It's never once panned-out in a Professional Fight among the Elite of a division. Not once.

you have some major anti-Pavlik issues

Stop it. Disagreeing with a consensus doesn't make someone anti-anything. There's a difference between saying a Fighter is bad, versus saying he's not as good as popular opinion suggests.

I think his wins over McKart, Zuniga and Zertuche were pretty damn impressive. Not just that he won but how he won.
Was McKart or Zertuche ever put out before their losses to Pavlik? Zuniga went on to swipe the 0 from Oganov after his loss to Pavlik.

Calzaghe wants the fight and Pavlik would receive his biggest payday. I am interested.

When I find myself at odds with popular consensus, it only serves to further reinforce and convince me that my beliefs must be right!

Nothing you said here puts Taylor above the average Fighter save for that you say "I believe" before stating his potential to be above average. It's never once panned-out in a Professional Fight among the Elite of a division. Not once.

He put a shit kickin on Bunema, who I believe is the current JMW champ.

*edit* thought you were quoting me, just shot a quick glance. Still, he did whup Bunema's ass.

Too bad Taylor's not a JMW.

I cracked your facial expression?

Go me.

Yes. Stoic as I am, I faltered ever so slightly. Spilt some chianti as well.

Ever since Pavlik got recognized as the lineal and true MW champion, he's not nearly as fun to defend in these conversations LOL.

I am a very big fan of Pavlik. But if he is ever the #1 p4p fighter in the world, the sport will have to sink as far as the mainstream media seems to think it actually has.

But I do think he is a bit underrated by some and overrated by others. He parries well, which alot of people dont give him any credit for. He isnt a defensive wiz, but he partially blocks alot of shots that look like they land.

the big factor for the future of his career is what is his power like at 168. It didnt look much better in the rematch with Taylor, but I have read from several writers that in the past his power is demonstrably better when he doesnt have to cut to 160.

I think he'll be better at 168 when he finally moves their than he was against JT in the rematch. But it still might not be enough to compete with a guys who have been at that division for their whole career

Too bad Taylor's not a JMW.

A one sided beating over a guy who fights one weight class below him holds some merit IMO, especially since he's gone on to win a belt. Eh, enough with this argument, I think Taylor is good not great, you think he's shit. I don't think either of us is changing our opinion.

Back