Pavlik

A one sided beating over a guy who fights one weight class below him holds some merit IMO, especially since he's gone on to win a belt. Eh, enough with this argument, I think Taylor is good not great, you think he's shit. I don't think either of us is changing our opinion.

Don't change my words in your frustration. I said "average"...not shit. Averags isn't something to be ashamed of per se, some guys never so much as accomplish that. I can agree with you, though, he's very good at fighting JMW's.

You know how many other people beat up Bunema?

Don't change my words in your frustration. I said "average"...not shit. Averags isn't something to be ashamed of per se, some guys never so much as accomplish that. I can agree with you, though, he's very good at fighting JMW's.

No frustration here amigo, I don't get bent out of shape talking boxing, I enjoy it too much. And not just JMW's, JMW beltholders.

Bunema's good enough to take out Roman Karmazin a few months ago.
Karmazin had been looking pretty good.

Wonder what that Karmazin's real age is?
35 years old, my rosy red rectum!
He looks about 50!

Well, one things for sure. Pavlik's got alot more time in the bank to prove his worth. He doesn't have a win over a HOF'er yet, but he'll get the chance with that skin tone of his sooner or later. He's huge for the weight, hits hard enough, and was more effective against Taylor than anyone else. That's about it.

Bunema's good enough to take out Roman Karmazin a few months ago.
Karmazin had been looking pretty good.

Wonder what that Karmazin's real age is?
35 years old, my rosy red rectum!
He looks about 50!

Karmazin has looked about as good as Ouma lately, and that's fuckin washed up.

I agree and I wish we could leave this thread at this point. Won't happen though. I won't let it.

shouldnt we be thanking him for finally ending Taylors title reign? not even for just taking the title, but ending Taylors ability to be immune to judging

I just think it says Jermain as much as kicked his own ass a bit to help Kelly out in the first fight. Those fights kind of concluded in reverse, it'd make more sense to me if the first fight looked like the second, and the second looked like the first.
Agree.

It's a clear indication of Jermaines fragile psyche. Remarkable talent, but a scatterbrain.

It seemed like part of the issue was the semantic difficulty of average vs good or even very good/great. Even considering the number of belts, i would have a hard time considering someone who was an undisputed champ average. Probably partly because im outside the sport and will miss a lot of things that come very easy to spot to people like KK or Tam-Tam, but also partly because i dont equate that type of success with being average.

Having said that i would have a pretty hard time placing taylor or perhaps more importantly pavlik as anything more than good. Admittedly i havent seen enough of Froch or Bute to know how well he would fare against either of them at 168, but i dont think he would beat the others listed in Tam-Tams post.

Especially with the calzaghe thing...pavlik for the things he does do well, is pretty limited at times in what his gameplan is going to be. I suppose his accuracy could potentially pay some dividends if joe were to open way up, but i dont think he would do that until he felt pretty comfortable with the rhythm of the fight. If Joe "Spoils your boxing" as well as it seems he does i have a hard time believing pavlik would end up looking competitive if they fought.

If Joe "Spoils your boxing" as well as it seems he does i have a hard time believing pavlik would end up looking competitive if they fought.

Only sissies like Kessler say that about Joe. Hopkins walked him into counter rights all night. the only thing that stopped him from winning is a lack of output due to age. :icon_twis

Is there an official document that has a P4p scoring system? I mean if Pavlik continues to dominate at MW, does it really matter what style he has? Does Pavlik need to develop a philly shell style and run around the ring to get any respect around here?

Is there an official document that has a P4p scoring system? I mean if Pavlik continues to dominate at MW, does it really matter what style he has? Does Pavlik need to develop a philly shell style and run around the ring to get any respect around here?

If pavlik eventually dominated at 168, then yes he would probably be right up there in the P4P discussion...it just seems there is a fair number of people who question at this point in time at least whether or not he would be successful in doing so.

Back