Paulo Costa already back at the gym

he's gonna be another JDS if he keeps training with brazilian bums

Till would be Cool but dosent make sense for Darren. Ssme goes for Joker. KG smokes him imo. Brunson is a good match and a winnable fight. Vetorri and Edmen are too low on the tótem. Weidman kinda makes sense but i rather see him vs Luke or Hall rematches. KG vs Costs is the fight to make.

Awesome. Can't wait to watch him fight again.

But he should take it easy for a bit, he did get rattled. And he seems to spar pretty hard and stuff.

To be fair, if he pushed hard out the gate he'd only have been KO'd sooner. But it was def not a good plan. I'm not sure, with his skillset, would have been a good gameplan to actually win.
It is a big if. HUGE if.
But if he bulrushes and succeeds holding or taking Adesanya down, he would probably win.
Or maybe he would be able to hit Adesanya and test his chin.

Obviously easier said than done, but IMHO there are no other choices for him.
Adesanya is too fast, he won't catch him staying at distance.

He’s going to be fired up after that loss, losing only fuels Paulo to come back stronger

It is a big if. HUGE if.
But if he bulrushes and succeeds holding or taking Adesanya down, he would probably win.
Or maybe he would be able to hit Adesanya and test his chin.

Obviously easier said than done, but IMHO there are no other choices for him.
Adesanya is too fast, he won't catch him staying at distance.
I just don't feel he was able to. I feel he tried several times to bull rush him and either got stopped dead in his tracks with leg kicks or jabs, found himself hitting air as Izzy circled out and often made him pay, or felt he could exchange but ended up defending as Izzy beat him to the punch.

So I feel that to go forward more would essentially be to close his eyes and run and hope. And I do think he would have gotten ko'd quicker that way.

I'm saying I think he rushed as much as he could and the whole "we were waiting for the later rounds" is a lie because I saw him try no less than 10 times to rush forward only to find he was rushing a ghost.

I don't personally believe he could have intelligently rushed any more than he did. And if he fought less intelligently I think he'd be out cold sooner.

This guy should of been a model
Could be on Love island getting the herps right now

Animation1.gif

he fought three times in three years, only to have an embarrassing display in his most important fight.
At this pace, he will have another title shot by the end of 2024.

Why didn’t Costa decide, after round one, hey this guy is a better striker than me, he has. 80 fucking kick boxing fights and has won 74 out of 80 of those fights. So yeah he’s pretty good, but I’m a mixed martial artist. I can wrestle, I can use bjj, Izzy fought costa with zero fear of takedown. Hence why Gastelum gave Izzy a better fight. Gas has wrestling threats and take down. This is the only way you beat Izzy, if Jones were to fight him. Jones would take him down and merc him. You’re not gonna outstrike a world class striker, I think that’s why Izzy was afraid of Romero more so than Costa, Romero has that wrestling pedigree, Costa doesn’t.
His problem is what's between his ears not his body.

Agree. Costa doesn't seem to have great fight IQ, but that should not be a problem with proper coaching. The problem is, I think his gameplan coach, whoever he is, is good but not great.

Either that, or the coach can only do so much in terms of gameplanning. Many people realized that the best gameplan to beat Adesanya is wrestling, but Costa doesn't have the cardio for a wrestling heavy fight, so the coach cannot do much.

As expected, it was a bad loss but such is the game.

Whom do you think he scraps with next? Till, Edmen, Brunson? Gastelum?

Personally I'd toss Edmen in there!
Till is scheduled to fight already. I'd go with Brunson. He just mushed Edmen.

Good for him. He'll be back. He'll be a force in that division for a long time. He simply wasn't ready for Adesanya. Looking back on it, that seems rather obvious. He was pushed to the top rather quickly. We were all so impressed with his performance against Romero.
I wasn’t impressed with his performance. I felt like he arguably lost that fight and would have lost if that fight was 5 rounds. Romero can fight for 5 rounds and still hurt his opponent. Costs has not shown 5 round cardio. I think this loss exposed his weaknesses. Stay of the cage and hit him with feints.

Till is scheduled to fight? I thought his knee was injured in his last fight.
Yeah. But they already scheduled him to fight hermansson in december. He's supposed to be ready to go by then

I just don't feel he was able to. I feel he tried several times to bull rush him and either got stopped dead in his tracks with leg kicks or jabs, found himself hitting air as Izzy circled out and often made him pay, or felt he could exchange but ended up defending as Izzy beat him to the punch.

So I feel that to go forward more would essentially be to close his eyes and run and hope. And I do think he would have gotten ko'd quicker that way.

I'm saying I think he rushed as much as he could and the whole "we were waiting for the later rounds" is a lie because I saw him try no less than 10 times to rush forward only to find he was rushing a ghost.

I don't personally believe he could have intelligently rushed any more than he did. And if he fought less intelligently I think he'd be out cold sooner.
No, I disagree.
Yes, he did rush him, but he never truly committed to it.
And like I said, you may be right. It is a higher risk of getting KO'd sooner, but then again, it is the only way he could have done it; so there's no point of decreasing the risk and lose a little later.
Besides, if I am not mistaken, it was a kick that did him. Bull Rushing may get him to eat some punches, but for a guy who took flush punches from Romero, I think he'd be alright.. at least on his first few attempts.

though obvious, don't be one-track minded. Fake some. Threaten some takedowns. Throw some kicks. Trap him against the fence. Then bullrush.

No, I disagree.
Yes, he did rush him, but he never truly committed to it.
And like I said, you may be right. It is a higher risk of getting KO'd sooner, but then again, it is the only way he could have done it; so there's no point of decreasing the risk and lose a little later.
Besides, if I am not mistaken, it was a kick that did him. Bull Rushing may get him to eat some punches, but for a guy who took flush punches from Romero, I think he'd be alright.. at least on his first few attempts.

though obvious, don't be one-track minded. Fake some. Threaten some takedowns. Throw some kicks. Trap him against the fence. Then bullrush.
LOL. I think you're basically saying "be a better striker" without realizing it. He was paralyzed in there by the superior striker and there was no strategy that was going to be able to get him to get in the inside. He fell for all of izzy's feints and Izzy fell for none of his. He had no cards in his hand. There was nothing Izzy hadn't seen.

Izzy's jabs had pop on them and every weapon could hurt Costa. Izzy has more ko's than yoel and hits harder. Costa had nothing for Izzy in there and wishing he was a better striker can't make it so.

All Costa COULD do was get stifled, frozen, and eat shots and he did it. I say fair play to him. He did what he could. If we want someone to do more we need a better striker in there or at least a sneakier one. That's not Costa.

LOL. I think you're basically saying "be a better striker" without realizing it. He was paralyzed in there by the superior striker and there was no strategy that was going to be able to get him to get in the inside. He fell for all of izzy's feints and Izzy fell for none of his. He had no cards in his hand. There was nothing Izzy hadn't seen.

Izzy's jabs had pop on them and every weapon could hurt Costa. Izzy has more ko's than yoel and hits harder. Costa had nothing for Izzy in there and wishing he was a better striker can't make it so.

All Costa COULD do was get stifled, frozen, and eat shots and he did it. I say fair play to him. He did what he could. If we want someone to do more we need a better striker in there or at least a sneakier one. That's not Costa.

Sorry, but you are going borderline stupid here.
As I said, the way he fought was stupid, and he could not win that way.
his only hope was to be able to get close to Adesanya, but you think that it is impossible.
That's where I have a problem with.

As I noted, it is a big if.
But he did not beat all the guys he beat before by being a pushover.

And as suck much nuts as you wish, Adesanya did get hit plenty on many fights, so it is not like he is Machida level of elusiveness.
Claiming he is untouchable and that he hits harder than Yoel is just plain fanboyism.

No one is 100% unbeatable in this sport. And Israel is not an exception.

We can agree to disagree, but I would strongly advise you to stop treating Adesanya as a god.

Sorry, but you are going borderline stupid here.
As I said, the way he fought was stupid, and he could not win that way.
his only hope was to be able to get close to Adesanya, but you think that it is impossible.
That's where I have a problem with.

As I noted, it is a big if.
But he did not beat all the guys he beat before by being a pushover.

And as suck much nuts as you wish, Adesanya did get hit plenty on many fights, so it is not like he is Machida level of elusiveness.
Claiming he is untouchable and that he hits harder than Yoel is just plain fanboyism.

No one is 100% unbeatable in this sport. And Israel is not an exception.

We can agree to disagree, but I would strongly advise you to stop treating Adesanya as a god.
Well I'm not going to insult you but I'll reiterate that Costa cannot do what you wish he could do. There may be someone who can but it's clearly not Costa. And if you think it is I feel you're seeing what you want to see but you missed what there was to see in that fight. It was clear as day if you were paying attention.

Costa can't do what you envision in your head. It's just not reality. He tried and failed miserably. Maybe you missed it but it happened.

Back