Media Sean Offered "Less Than 200k/200k" Declined Paulo Costa - UPDATE: Sean's Pay RESOLVED, Accepts Paulo Costa

It's going to take a martyr(or a couple) before anything could get going probably. Like When Ted Lindsay started the whole lobbying for players to get together to come to the table against the owners and NHL. And Ted got ran out of town as a player for it. So far nobody active has been willing to go down on the grenade(nor should any one person be expected to as it's likely self career suicide) to really get the building blocks in place for a union. But unfortunately it usually takes a selfless person or a couple who know the consequences and accept them to eat that blow before everyone gets galvanized to come in behind them with support of it. Some have tried ish. But immediately backed down when the UFC legal team came stomping. Like when cowboy and those involved with Bjorn Rebney all quietly never mentioned the "Mixed Martial Arts Athletic Association" ever again after appearing in that photo with Bjorn.

I think the MMAAA might of got off the ground better if Bjorn wasn't involved. He was one of the problems to begin with and now all of sudden he wants to help, that didn't sit well with other fighters immediately after it was announced.

I think it's going to take some of these larger talent agencies, managers, and gyms to get involved and get their clients involved. Unfortunately, one of the biggest is directly tied to the UFC. I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out the next 10 years. Honestly, the fighters should ban together ASAP as one of the most important media deals for the UFC is coming due and will only give the fighters more leverage during that time of negotiations.

Three or five rounds? I favor Strickland either way but he's a big favorite in a five rounder IMO.

I agree

But "Busy Costa" may become the new thing and shock the world.

Costa looked better than I thought he would in February against Bobby K. Another camp and fight in relatively short order may show us an improved and even more dangerous Costa.

The lead-up to this fight should be filled with funny stuffs.

Reading is hard. Woops. Meant billions not millions lol
200w (30).gif
no-taksies.gif

UFC is dying. They are broke.
The cat is out of the bag.
No amount of excuses will change that.

Fighters on 300 are getting paid in expired venom coupons.

They had a nice run, it was fun while it lasted.

I agree

But "Busy Costa" may become the new thing and shock the world.

Costa looked better than I thought he would in February against Bobby K. Another camp and fight in relatively short order may show us an improved and even more dangerous Costa.

The lead-up to this fight should be filled with funny stuffs.
True. After how terrible he looked against the ghost of Rockhold I figured Whitaker would've walked through him with ease.

View attachment 1038735
When fighters want to fight, fights get booked. This is a perfect example.
Claiming not getting fights or the UFC not letting them fight is bs.
I think this got figured out since Sean made it clear in social media that he wanted the fight and just wanted a bit more money. More UFC fighters need to do this to prevent the UFC from negotiating minor pay differences and not letting them claim you turned down a fight and control the narrative. A lot of uneducated fans don't like Strickland and Costa when they put their business on social media but it's really the only way fighters can take back some control of the narrative and to get the UFC to not throw a hissy fit when someone wants a bit more due to tye fight location or how soon it is or whatever reason it makes sense to get a big more money.

The main issue is the yes men outnumber the guys like Strickland and Costa who will put pressure on the UFC to get a little better deal.

This does not sound like a good matchup at all. Costa has not won a real match in many years and needs to be shipped to PFL.
Stickfuss talks a crazy game and then just runs a jabb-athon, while fighting conservatively.

No thanks.

This does not sound like a good matchup at all. Costa has not won a real match in many years and needs to be shipped to PFL.
Stickfuss talks a crazy game and then just runs a jabb-athon, while fighting conservatively.

No thanks.
Did you watch Whittaker vs Costa? You can't just judge by wins and losses. Whittaker looked like he was still a championship level fighter and Costa lost a very competitive fight. Strickland vs Costa is going to be a great fight and I expect it to be very competitive.

Minimum NHL salary is 750k. (82 players make that)

NHL revenue in 2023: 6 Million.

UFC Revenue in 2023: 1 Million.

750k/6 = $125,000. so $125k for 24 weeks worth of work in the UFC (Fight 3 times) is pretty close to what UFC fighters starting out are making.

Whole lotta Junior hockey players making less than $60k to play hockey in the juniors leagues.

This post right here is why finishing high school should be a priority.

This post right here is why finishing high school should be a priority.

Elaborate. Other than my typo.

The NHL brings in 6 times the revenue.

It's entirely reasonable to expect the base salaries to be 6 times smaller.

The NHL is also more than 30 years old as well.

Comparing a sports league that is 30 years old to one that is over 100 years old is another aspect of an unfair comparison.

Last edited:
Back