Paulo Costa already back at the gym

Haters can throw flame all they want, put Costa’s a real fighter. Not making excuses or trying to rage quit the sport cause he took an L. The man is simply back to grinding. Pretty obvious how much love he’s got for the sport. I don’t think he’ll ever be ready for Izzy, but man I’ll enjoy every second of watching him compete and climb back up that mountain again. So many great match-ups to be had. War Costa!

Lol Gastelum would murder Costa.

Edmen seems more realistic - maybe even Derek Brunson.

I was basically listing guys who were free and he hasn't faced in the top yet. Still I wouldn't mind any of hose bookings.

I think it’s wrong to assume that anyone would destroy Costa simply because Izzy made it look easy. I’m not saying some of the other top 10 MWs don’t murder him but to just assume because of Izzy is a mistake. I personally wouldnt mind seeing him against Brunson or Gastelum and I would have him favored in both fights. That relentless pressure is still a massive threat to deal with. Just because Izzy Dismantled it doesn’t mean others will.

Costa needs to lose some muscle mass and focus more on his cardio and grappling. If he really is as good as he as he claims in jujitsu then he needs to start implementing it more.

Last edited:
He should move up to LHW, that cut is gonna shorten his career of we’re being real here

Go get some fuckin Fight IQ, power is useless, if you dont know how to use is it strategically
who doesn`t love these white belt posts, folks?

quite the contrary.
IMHO the fact he did not play his own style contributed to his demise.
he definitely should improve before facing Israel again, but if he goes to his strengths, he should do much better than attempting to adopt a style that goes against his own strength

totally this.

IMO he should work on that explosiveness against elusive fighters who try and keep the distance. He did have his issues against Hall as well. Thing is Hall is a very poor man's Adesanya and he was able to turn it around.

quite the contrary.
IMHO the fact he did not play his own style contributed to his demise.
he definitely should improve before facing Israel again, but if he goes to his strengths, he should do much better than attempting to adopt a style that goes against his own strength

who would have thought not throwing a punch would lose you a fight eh

I wonder how his foot work is going?

He is brazilian
Go to the Gracies, learn bjj, spend there 8 hours a day

As expected, it was a bad loss but such is the game.

Whom do you think he scraps with next? Till, Edmen, Brunson? Gastelum?

Personally I'd toss Edmen in there!
Edmen needs a win. He just lost to Derek Brunson. Paulo just fought for the title. Paulo would destroy this dude.

Edmen needs a win. He just lost to Derek Brunson. Paulo just fought for the title. Paulo would destroy this dude.

That's true, prolly too far down for him. I'd still like it - maybe Brunsen is the better opt.

Back