Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m honestly rooting for Ben for the sole purpose that I don’t want this the fuel the call out flames. If Jake Paul wins itll be another UFC fighter....To me it feels like he’s gonna go in and KO Askren then call someone out.

Jake Shields is up next.

What no luv for our man Mir?

He should be in the polls too! @JayPettryMMA

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir is looking to make a switch in his career as he prepares to make his boxing debut. Mir will fight Steve Cunningham on April 17th on the undercard of Ben Askren vs Jake Paul. The UFC legend was initially slated to fight Antonio Tarver. However, that fight fell through.

Mir has been a lifelong athlete and a legendary MMA fighter. However, boxing requires different kinds of skills and attributes. So, Mir is preparing accordingly ahead of his fight.

Yes. Yeah, cuz originally was to be 10 rounds. And that’s when I was fighting a 52-year-old fighter that wasn’t known for coming in great shape, but he himself sometimes, because how smart Tarver is, makes the same mistakes I made when I was younger,” said Mir in a recent interview with SCMP MMA.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...or-his-boxing-debut-against-steve-cunningham/

If this wasn't Ben Askren vs Jake Paul, but instead Ben Askren vs a pro boxer who's trained for 2 years and has two KO's would you think differently of it?
Paul might be a dick but he has some legit skill.

If this wasn't Ben Askren vs Jake Paul, but instead Ben Askren vs a pro boxer who's trained for 2 years and has two KO's would you think differently of it?
Paul might be a dick but he has some legit skill.
Absolutely I would. If he was going up against a journeyman or promising prospect. Someone equivalent to MMA’s Gerald Meschart. I would actually be very interested. The reason this is such a joke to me is because the guy picked out literally the smallest nba player ever and then picked the worst mma striker ever. Like..he’s just looking to go up against guys with name value and no talent. That’s how I read it at least.

How come nobody talks about Ben Askrens boxing defense ?

I recall Nate Robinsin rushing in repeatedly with little to no defense, leading to his KO. Ben probably will not use that approach and will have far better defense overall.

The questions is how much grappling/clinching will the ref allow.

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir is looking to make a switch in his career as he prepares to make his boxing debut. Mir will fight Steve Cunningham on April 17th on the undercard of Ben Askren vs Jake Paul. The UFC legend was initially slated to fight Antonio Tarver. However, that fight fell through.

Mir has been a lifelong athlete and a legendary MMA fighter. However, boxing requires different kinds of skills and attributes. So, Mir is preparing accordingly ahead of his fight.

Yes. Yeah, cuz originally was to be 10 rounds. And that’s when I was fighting a 52-year-old fighter that wasn’t known for coming in great shape, but he himself sometimes, because how smart Tarver is, makes the same mistakes I made when I was younger,” said Mir in a recent interview with SCMP MMA.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...or-his-boxing-debut-against-steve-cunningham/

Oh no...

Uh oh Jake jus got #MeTooed!

<6>

I feel like Mir is gonna be way in over his head. This Cunningham dude is no YouTuber, fought Tyson Fury and dropped him too, fought for several titles and won some. He's been inactive for 4 years, but unless he is insanely washed, Frank has no advantages other than some size. Hopefully he just outpoints Frank and doesn't hurt him.

I feel like Mir is gonna be way in over his head. This Cunningham dude is no YouTuber, fought Tyson Fury and dropped him too, fought for several titles and won some. He's been inactive for 4 years, but unless he is insanely washed, Frank has no advantages other than some size. Hopefully he just outpoints Frank and doesn't hurt him.

Yea - can't expect much I agree. Figured I get the man some luv in this thread tho (well hopefully lol).

How convenient that she comes out with this 4 days before his big fight

Jake is really gonna rape someone and that persons name is Ben Asscream

There's not many I'd pick Askren to beat in boxing. I think he's getting knocked out on the 17th.

Back