Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben via old man strength

1dcb3afc0eb20e257316e38078e36069.gif

You guys realize Ben talked all that shit because Jorge kept refusing to sign the fight with him after Till right?

I've been a Masvidal fan since fucking Bodog and I'm not blind to his antics.
Nahhhh he was talking shit pre Till fight saying he would just mow through the winner and get the title shot.

the shit with ben that I still cant figure out is... that Ben isn't arrogant enough to wow people (a la Conor or Masvidal), and he isn't humble enough (a la Fedor) for people to like like him. He kind of got stuck in between and it's the worst situation for an MMA fighter that wants to promote himself to space Dom. Pick one, but maybe it's too late for him now.

What are you talking about? He went from relative obscurity to stardom before his second fight in the UFC because of his promo work. Just because you didn’t like him doesn’t mean he wasn’t popular. I dislike lots of popular fighters; my opinion of them has no impact on their popularity.

Problem with Askren is he thinks he’s smarter than he actually is ..

he disrespected Jorges fighter iq and got slept .. I see a similar thing happening with the fight against Paul

Last edited:
This will never get old. It was very well deserved. Ben needed to be sent away and this was the beginning of it. His fanboys tears have been absolutely deeee-licious!

Lol watch the video ffs

“oh he’s mad cuz I’m some white kid making twice as much as him”

wtf lol anyone who would say something so stupid deserves to merked on principle.
that's literally the tamest "shit talk" i've ever heard. you guys are reaching hard

"Never UFC Caliber"

You should honestly get automatic double yellows for posting about MMA and having such a retarded opinion. Your opinion is so awful it's wrong.

No one is saying Askren was ever the best WW in the world, or even top 3-5 in the UFC necessarily. Not even going to list any excuses or the fact that Masvidal flying kneeing him in 3 seconds is inherently, massively luck based.

But there's 76 current WWs on roster. Probably around 70+ when Askren was in the UFC. So based on him only fighting ranked, top 10 WWs, you believe he would have lost to every other ~11-15 ranked guy then the next 20 guys, then the next 20, then the next 20? He wasn't UFC caliber? Yikes.

A) NEVER UFC CALIBER (idc if he beat Lima, he caught the low leg kicks and it was pretty easy to lay on Lima after that).

LMAO, that's nonsense. Overall you seem a little sensitive my man. I mean compared to Colby, Conman and a shit ton of other guys I'd say Askren was pretty tame (and far from a bully).

I’d never heard him shit talk til he got traded. I actually rooted for the guy when he was a prospect debuting in Bellator. Once he came in calling everyone out, I instantly disliked him. But he’s kinda won me over know since retiring. Kinda like how I felt toward Bisping.

If ever there was a knock out that would cause someone some humility this is the one, at least he is up there fighting. I'd still be on the mat
I respectfully disagree. It was a very clever counter and gameplan, but it's not something you could expect to see repeated. A dominating decision loss is humiliating because there's no question who the better fighter is. A rematch between Ben and Mas could have looked very different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back