Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Please direct your attention to the Official Round-by-Round thread of Paul vs. Askren here!

You want to talk Askren/Paul in the heavies? Fine. This is the thread for it, and just keep the conversation all confined to this thread. Other threads started about this boxing match in the heavies will be merged into this one.

The event will take place on April 17 in Atlanta, in front of a limited crowd at the Mercedez-Benz Stadium.

So, who wins? Will you be paying $50 for this pay-per-view?

8953.png

Last edited:
Despite all the cynicism and the fact that this is indeed a circus fight, the idea of how a shitty MMA striker compares to an amateur boxer with limited skills is kinda intriguing.

What is the bottom floor of striking shittiness that you can get away with in a fight if you're a good grappler? Are the shittiest strikers we see in high level MMA better or worse than weekend warriors with a couple years of boxing training? I tend to think Ben will get clowned, but I'm rooting for him. I have no clue about who these Paul brothers are, but the other parts pique my curiosity a little.

Still a shit show though, and I expect a 3 hour broadcast plagued by Justin Bieber performances.

Last edited:
Ben Askren is probably the absolute worst striker to ever reach the highest levels of MMA, and I don’t even believe he was truly a top 15 talent in the UFC. MMA striking is very different than pure boxing so not much can be gauged or learned here.
I’m honestly rooting for Ben for the sole purpose that I don’t want this the fuel the call out flames. If Jake Paul wins itll be another UFC fighter....To me it feels like he’s gonna go in and KO Askren then call someone out.

Despite all the cynicism and the fact that this is indeed a circus fight, the idea of how a shitty MMA striker compares to an amateur boxer with limited skills is kinda intriguing.

It would also help to reveal what is the bottom floor of striking shittiness that you can get away with in a fight if you're a good grappler, or if even the shittiest strikers we see in high level MMA are actually better than weekend warriors with a couple years of boxing training. I tend to think Ben will get clowned, but I'm rooting for him. I don't give a shit about the YouTube beef because I have no clue about who these Paul brothers are, but the other parts pique my curiosity a little.

Still a shit show though, and I expect a 3 hour broadcast plagued by Justin Bieber performances.
Great point . Plus there's the additional intrigue of teh lolz

I know Jake is an A-level douchebag and youtuber, I just can't see myself ever favoring Ben Askren in a boxing match unless it's against women, the elderly, or the disabled. Preferably all 3 to be somewhat confident.

This thread is a blessing. I’m glad we’re keeping all that bull in one place

Paul doesn't sign up for this fight if he doesn't know he is going to win. It's too risky. I think him and Askren probably have an under the table deal. Ben doesn't give a fuck, he's already been KO'd in front of the world. He just wants money.

Back