Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn’t seem too bad to me. Slow as hell but he’s always gonna be slower than Jake Bald. His technique on those hooks to the body looks alright and if he can land a few of those and take the fight into the later rounds then he should easily win
troll????

I'd prefer for Askren to wear him down with clinching and for an exhausted Paul to retire on his chair in between two of the later rounds.

Not like Ben can use wrist control or anything like that. It would have to be a ton of ugly clinching and the ref separating them.

Read the posts first, then watch the video. That’s what I did and was expecting much worse. He looks less bad then I thought he would, is what I’m trying to say...I’m trying to be nice here.

Ben's hip is completely shot and he moves like a geriatric. Jake is going to murder him based on athleticism and not being physically broken alone. This is going to be very embarrassing for MMA.
Even if Askren gets destroyed (which he probably won't) it doesn't say anything at all about MMA. It a boxing match, and he's one of the worst strikers in MMA history.

If Paul loses, he lost to the worst striker in MMA history. If Askren loses he lost to a guy who was bigger, younger, and more famous.

I hope you're correct. That said, I remember reading the same sort of comment prior to Liddell vs Ortiz 3.:(
That was so sad. I can't believe the athletic commission sanctioned it.

Maybe it's both?

47865192.jpg

Pretty awful I hope he's trolling.

He should be e should want Paul to think he can put him away early.

Looks like his first day with a boxing trainer. I wouldn't put t past him to be trollin.

Even if Askren gets destroyed (which he probably won't) it doesn't say anything at all about MMA. It a boxing match, and he's one of the worst strikers in MMA history.

If Paul loses, he lost to the worst striker in MMA history. If Askren loses he lost to a guy who was bigger, younger, and more famous.
sure but that's not what the average person is going to think. The perception is still going to be "MMA world champ gets demolished by youtuber"

I don't think Ben loses though

sure but that's not what the average person is going to think. The perception is still going to be "MMA world champ gets demolished by youtuber"

I don't think Ben loses though
I'm pretty sure the average person does not give a flying fuck about this fight.

We'll see how it goes. I think Askren will do fine.

How great would it be if after all this Ben just crushes this YouTuber and walks away. No fan fare no excitement just a 'There you happy now'

I was thinking ben is going to clown him, but the more I watch Ben spar the more I realize he is going to be completely helpless in there. Ben is going to get embarassed.

Think Jake will win but Ben will make him work for it. Hope I'm wrong though.

People are asking me where they can watch this shit show for free. I have no idea. Anyone know?
[<cena1}

Back