Patterson Gimlin Bigfoot Video

Dude holy sh*t I just realized that there are 5 parts to this series each about 2 hours!

It's an audiobook I'm gonna do the whole thing

im down for the first one tonight but 5 parts might be too much.

Wasn't this video filmed in the same day the guy bought a camera with which he wanted to prove Bigfoot existence?

Yes. He was a known con man and set out to make a "Bigfoot documentary" and found Bigfoot in 5 minutes.

Same. people be like "omg you can see the muscles contract. OMG look you can even see a HENRIA on its thigh, you cant fake that!!!!!!!"

and I'm just like

<{vega}>

I've made it petty clear that I dont believe in this bigfoot stuff at all. But I will say I've been researching a case today that I find pretty damn fascinating.

PORTLOCK ALASKA

Back in the 1930s Portlock was a remote mining town on an isolated peninsula in Alaska. Had about 200 residents. Well, hunters would go into the woods to hunt and go missing. Only to later be found dismembered and bludgeoned to death in a nearby lake. Happened over and over again. One man was attacked by something and got this living shit beat out of him until his dog started going bonkers and managed to scare the attacker off long enough for him to escape. As he was running away he turned back to look at whatever did it to him. When he got back he said it was a giant, hairy beast man before he died from his injuries.

It started happening so frequently that the ENTIRE TOWN decided to pack up and leave. They didn't bother contacting any state authorities for help, they just said "nah, fuck this" and every single one of them left. Even today, decedents of those that lived in Portlock straight up refuse to go back.

Was it an ultra aggressive bigfeeter? Ehh....but still fascinating.

They're rarely ever seen that far south, but my guess would be some starving Polar Bears were behind the attacks.

Yes. He was a known con man and set out to make a "Bigfoot documentary" and found Bigfoot in 5 minutes.
Look...the whole backstory has been interpreted and reinterpreted so many times by confirmation biased people on both sides of the fence.

I'll counter that lazy interpretation by adding that :
  1. Bluff Creek was the site of reports and footprints dating back to the 1950s
  2. Patterson had been researching the area since 1960.
  3. When he and Giblin set upon Bluff creek on October 20 1967, they had just heard the area was the site of several 'hot' reports that had happen weeks or days before this
  4. They had reportedly been in the area for 2 weeks when the movie happened
so it's not like they just walked into this the day of.

about Patterson's rep I won't say anything cuz I have no idea but there are extenuating circumstances that negate it.

The PGF is stand alone empirical evidence

Last edited:
Try walking with your back foot pointed down with the sole perpendicular to the floor and see how weird you're walking
It doing this so effortlessly making you think it's walking like a human should make you pause

I’m of the opinion that I simply don’t know. It’s so strange watching that video because there’s just simply nothing that is a dead giveaway that it is a hoax. And for the time? I mean, wtf

Consider that it walks with its upper body bent forward but it’s legs up right. How would a body fit into that suit and walk that way?

I thought that was debunked, and they found the costume in his friends garage?

M
I’m of the opinion that I simply don’t know. It’s so strange watching that video because there’s just simply nothing that is a dead giveaway that it is a hoax. And for the time? I mean, wtf

Consider that it walks with its upper body bent forward but it’s legs up right. How would a body fit into that suit and walk that way?

This thread has become more about critical thinking abilities, logic capability, and probability awareness.

Episode 5 is an interview with Bill Munn, the Hollywood costume designer who went into this a disbelievingr skeptic but came out of his research a total believer ("I am 1000% convinced this is not a man in a monkey suit")

Last edited:
For me, the most compelling thing that points to it not being real is the fact that in all these years we haven't found more or proper concrete evidence. What are the odds of that?

The actual footage itself looks real if not then it's the best stunt i've ever seen especially that long ago.

yeah, this is how I feel.

The video alone looks about as real as you can expect. But it just seems way to likely that for years we wouldn't have another video or more physical evidence. The odds are just too long.

The video alone looks about as real as you can expect. But it just seems way to likely that for years we wouldn't have another video or more physical evidence. The odds are just too long.

you have to include the thousands of sightings and experiences that are reported though and when you do it becomes much more likely and possible.

intelligence not too much lower than our own, a probable evolutionary bias towards secrecy and enough culture and brains to have a mandate for avoiding human beings and detection, senses more keen than our own and physical capacity much greater, primarily nocturnal.

Ashley Flowers just did a great ep on supernatural about Bigfoot

Didn't really like this one, though I'm a bit hot-and-cold with Supernatural, to be fair.

Surely stating that we have 'hard evidence' of the existence of bigfeet is wrong, for a start?

Looks kinda real to me. I dont really understand the Bigfoot hype though. If this is real footage then obviously it's an extinct or close to extinct species. What makes it special? There's plenty of apes that exhibit human qualities so I dont get why we're so hung up on Bigfoot. We never find bodies so if its real it's likely extinct and this is one of the last ones.

What makes Bigfoot so important is my question. If it's real, why do we care so much? It's just another likely extinct species of ape.

There are legit hundreds of thousands of creatures in the sea we probably don't know about. On land? I think we've probably seen everything that's there over the last thousand years.

I'm pretty sure there's tons of species in the rainforest and such we don't know about.

I struggle to see some of the finer detail in the video that some folk have pointed out. Given it was filmed by amateurs in the 60's, that shouldn't be surprising, I guess.

This said, something that always looks really suspect to me is that big ol' bigfoot butt. To me it looks like it doesn't move at all. Surely the ass on a lass as thicc as that would move more while they walk away from us?
I think the same way. That butt is what keeps me a skeptic. A huge bipedal ape, those glutes should be jiggling like a Kardashian. Plus no butt crack. Gonna be a really dirty douche with all that hair in the way.

I think hes thinking of Bob Heironimus.

Yeah everyone jumps on Bobs story and it seems like the smoking gun with his lie detector test. But the more I look into it the less I believe his account and question if the lie detector test he took was faked or falsified.

I'm not saying anything about Bigfoot but they didn't have to fake or falsify a lie detector test for it to not work. Lie detector tests are super innacurate which is why they don't hold up in court. Nerves and such fuck with the results. They're pretty much obselete.

I'm sure you're also accounting for if it were a hoax why was it never attempted again with the same 'winner' costume or at least the costume would've been made public by now right?

It just evaporated or the inventor just made this ONE monkey suit? It just doesn't make sense

none of it does

That's why it's known as the weirdest movie ever made

I thought that was debunked, and they found the costume in his friends garage?

this is what you're talking about. The is what the accuser , Phillip Morris, offered

that's Bob Heronomous left

they found those tits were sewn on sometime just before the photo was taken
BODYSUIT.JPG

Last edited:
What makes Bigfoot so important is my question. If it's real, why do we care so much? It's just another likely extinct species of ape.

this question has crossed my mind a few times

it's partly why i find this so unsettling

If you look at the feet of the most developed primates today they still have very monkey type feet This thing looks part monkey but has man feet?

What in the flying F?

if it's anywhere near real then it's the missing link

Back