Patterson Gimlin Bigfoot Video

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
At the risk of a stupid thread I just wanted to see what you peeps thought of this very famous video

can't say I give two you know what's about Bigfoot. Can't say I'm a believer. But damn that video is weird AF

I consider myself a logical person with ability to formulate valid arguments I appreciate critical thinking.

But this video honestly gives me the creeps

you really can see vascularity in certain parts. The thigh def shows a hernia indentation. It definitely walks weird with the sole of the feet perpendicular to the ground in some parts. Arms are long AF. It's got titties whatever it is. And that head movement in that frame when she looks back at the camera. You can't do that in a costume especially one made in the 1960s (Film was shot in 1968)

just a weird home movie

Comment at will It's mostly for fun but I don't know ....

Actually the direct opposite bud. I want to debunk this video so bad.

Here's what Hollywood was messing around with in 1968 The two guys who shot the video, Patterson and Gimlin, probably had an IQ of 150

That's combined
escape-from-the-planet-of-the-apes.png

I dunno, I don't think it's real, but many experts have analyized it and most think it real.

I think it's a dude in a rented suit

I am a cryptozoology fan and I'd say 9/10 videos or photos I've seen of anything, I can immediately call bullshit or mistaken identity.

I've always been on the fence with this one. There are definitely moments when you can see muscles rippling and forehead frowning, and those things were simply not easy to get hold back then, in terms of a costume, if at all. See the POTA movies as the prime example of what a 'great ape costume' looked like back then, and see how many of those fuckers could frown in those shitty masks.

The back story to the video sounds very iffy though, I can see why anyone would doubt it.

Gun to head......

I think it's genuine. There, I said it.

Actually the direct opposite bud. I want to debunk this video so bad.

Here's what Hollywood was messing around with in 1968 The two guys who shot the video, Patterson and Gimlin, probably had an IQ of 150

That's combined
escape-from-the-planet-of-the-apes.png

Exactly, look at the state of these cunts, like. Compared to the 'costume' in that video.

PG is the best Bigfoot evidence to date. No one has conclusively debunked it. The movements from the subjects are beyond what anyone has gotten from their modern fake videos

I've spent a good deal of time researching the Patterson-Gimlin account. I am rather convinced it is authentic, but hesitate to fully commit to believing it's real. The shoulder width and proportions of the arms are convincing, as well as the shin rise and vertical foot when striding. Below is a bio-mechanical expert's analysis (Dmitri Donskoy, used to train Russian Olympians).
A Qualitative Biomechanical Analysis of the Locomotive Movement of the Subject of the 1967 Film Footage

Dr. Dmitri D. Donskoy
Chief of the Dept. of Biomechanics at the USSR Central Institute of Physical Culture in Moscow, 1973

As a result of repeated viewings of the walk of the two footed creature in the Patterson film and detailed examination of the successive stills from it, one is left with the impression of a fully spontaneous and highly efficient pattern of locomotion, with all the particular movements combined in an integral whole suggesting a smoothly operating and coherent system.

In all the strides the movement of the arms and of the legs is well coordinated. A forward swing of the right arm, for example, is accompanied by that of the left leg. This is called cross-limb coordination and is a must for man, and is natural in many patterns of locomotion in quadrupeds (in walking and trotting, for instance).

The strides are energetic and big, with the leg swung far forward. When man extends the leg that far he walks very fast and thus overcomes by momentum the "braking effect" of the virtual prop that is provided by the forward leg. Momentum is proportional to mass and speed, so the more massive the biped the less speed (and vice versa) is needed to overcome the braking effect of the leading leg in striding.

The arms move in swinging motions, which means the muscles are exerted at the beginning of each cycle, after which they relax and the movement continues by momentum. The character of the arm movements indicates that the arms are massive and the muscles strong.

After each heel strike the creature's leg bends, taking on the full weight of the body and smoothing over the impact of the step, acting as a shock absorber. During this phase certain muscles of the leg are extended and become tense in preparation for the subsequent toe-off.

In a normal human walk such considerable knee flexion as is exhibited by the film creature is not observed; it is practiced only in cross country skiing. This characteristic makes one think that the creature is very heavy and its toe-off is powerful, which would contribute to rapid progression.

In the swinging of the leg, considerable flexion is observed in the joints, with different parts of the limb lagging behind each other: the foot's movement is behind the shank's, which is behind the hip's. This kind of movement is peculiar to massive limbs with well-relaxed muscles. In such a case the movements of the limbs look fluid and easy, with no breaks or jerks in the extreme points of each cycle. The creature uses to great advantage the effect of muscle resilience, which is scarcely used by modern man in the usual conditions of life.

The gait of the creature is confident, the strides are regular, and exhibit no signs of loss of balance, of wavering, or any redundant movements. In the two strides during which the creature makes a turn to the right, in the direction of the camera, the movement is accomplished with a turn of the torso. This reveals alertness and, possibly, a somewhat limited mobility of the head. (True, in some critical situations man also turns his whole torso and not just head alone.) During the turn the creature spreads its arms widely to increase stability.

In the toe-off phase the sole of the creature's foot is visible. By human standards it is large for the height of the creature. No longitudinal arch typical of the human foot is in view. The hind part of the foot formed by the heel bone protrudes considerably back. Such proportions and anatomy facilitate the work of the muscles which make standing postures possible and increase the force of propulsion in walking. Lack of an arch may be caused by the great weight of the creature.

The movements are harmonious and repeated uniformly from step to step; harmony is provided by synergy (the combined operation of a whole group of muscles).

Since the creature is man-like and bipedal, its walk resembles in principle the gait of modern man. But all its movements indicate that its weight is much greater, its muscles especially much stronger, and its walk swifter than that of man.

Lastly, we can note a characteristic of the creature's walk that defies exact description: expressiveness of movement. In man this quality is sometimes manifest in goal-oriented sporting or labor activities, and leaves the impression of economy and accuracy of movement. This characteristic can be noted by an experienced observer even if he does not know the specifics of a given activity. “What need be done is neatly done” is another way of describing expressiveness of movement, which indicates that the motor system characterized by this quality is well adapted to the task it is called upon to perform. In other words, neat perfection is typical of those movements which through regular use have become habitual and automatic.

On the whole the most important thing is the consistency of all the above-mentioned characteristics. They not only simply occur, but interact in many ways. And all these factors taken together allow us to evaluate the walk of the creature as a natural movement, without any signs of artfulness that would appear in intentional imitations.

At the same time, despite the diversity of human gaits, such a walk as is demonstrated by the creature in the film is absolutely non-typical of man.

If it's a hoax, it's extraordinarily well done, especially for it's time - as the suit, if it is one, is above and beyond the day's top cinematic quality. Not only that, but how they established the realistic shoulder width and arm proportions defies understanding, as well as the shin rise.

The only characteristic of the subject that seems somewhat off to me, is the region where the ass meets the leg. It's abruptly bulbous and looks somewhat like it could be a suit to me there, where the torso is separate and is pulled up over the leg, or slipped into.

But as far as the rear end is concerned, Brown University Biologist Christine Janis did have this to say, "It's not a logical argument to claim that because Bigfoot looks like no known ape that it can't be any type of unknown ape. Should another ape (besides ourselves) have evolved the habitual bipedal walking, then they would also have likely evolved methods of stabilizing the mass of the trunk over the hips, such as enlarging the gluteus maximus muscles as in humans, which is what gives us our larger buttocks. Note that the members of the horse family, which habitually fight by standing on the hind legs, have larger gluteal muscles than other hoofed mammals, and correspondingly larger, more rounded buttocks. A Bigfoot with a big rear end is actually a predictable likelihood rather than an impossibility."

Lastly, Heironimus is a fraud as is Phillip Morris. Neither of them has any proof that they played a role in the video, yet skeptics seem to willingly take them at their words on this topic, while scoffing at the reliability of eyewitness accounts, which is ironic.

nfPWF.jpg

Last edited:
There's a great podcast by Astinishing Legends that go into depth, like over 5 hours worth. It's amazingly convincing but I'm still not 100% convinced.

They say there's gluteus action but I just don't see it. That ass looks like implants to me. And hairy. Like it's going to be a very dirty time every time it poops. If this is meant to be female owing to breasts then I think groinal and ass area would have more indicators due to other apes having these markers of sexuality.

And there's a lot of discussion made about the gait and how it kicks up the feet so high you can see its soles. I don't see that as natural, even in an unnatural creature.

I am a cryptozoology fan and I'd say 9/10 videos or photos I've seen of anything, I can immediately call bullshit or mistaken identity.

I've always been on the fence with this one. There are definitely moments when you can see muscles rippling and forehead frowning, and those things were simply not easy to get hold back then, in terms of a costume, if at all. See the POTA movies as the prime example of what a 'great ape costume' looked like back then, and see how many of those fuckers could frown in those shitty masks.

The back story to the video sounds very iffy though, I can see why anyone would doubt it.

Gun to head......

I think it's genuine. There, I said it.

I've always been on the fence with it. Reason makes me always lean to guy in a Suit. But dude looks massive and we are talking about the 60s here , pretty elaborate suit for that time.

There's a great podcast by Astinishing Legends that go into depth, like over 5 hours worth. It's amazingly convincing but I'm still not 100% convinced.

They say there's gluteus action but I just don't see it. That ass looks like implants to me. And hairy. Like it's going to be a very dirty time every time it poops. If this is meant to be female owing to breasts then I think groinal and ass area would have more indicators due to other apes having these markers of sexuality.

And there's a lot of discussion made about the gait and how it kicks up the feet so high you can see its soles. I don't see that as natural, even in an unnatural creature.

The gait makes sense when you take into account that the hip structure and legs of a Sasquatch are different from a human's, generating a different degree of shin rise.

They're bipedal creatures that navigate forest terrain, and lifting up the foot as such would likely be an evolutionary advantage, as it allows for better clearance, thus reducing the likelihood of tripping over brush, rocks, or other forest floor features.

Humans learn to walk on flat surfaces, and our shin rise is much less pronounced. We also straighten the forward leg when striding, whereas the PG subject keeps its knee bent (this is better for absorbing impact, especially if you weigh upwards of 500 lbs).

EDIT: I should also add, that you'd expect someone wearing a huge cumbersome suit, with oversized feet, to get worse at walking when they wore it, not better. The motion of the creature is smooth and without any indication of mobile difficulty (the biomechanical breakdown I posted above outlines this in detail).

Last edited:
Unfortunately that’s the year they invented the potato camera.

I think the only way Bigfoot could be real is if it's some sort of interdimensional being. The fact that something so large is so rarely seen and never 100% clearly viewed (other than this video if real). Also never found a skeleton or corpse. We found skeletons millions of years old but never a bigfoot? Seems odd.

It’s crazy that now that everyone has a camera in there pocket no one can catch a video of one but back in the 60s when no one had cameras these two just happened to have one and be filming and caught Bigfoot on tape .
Exactly. How is it in a world where everyone has a camera in their pocket this video for more than 40 years ago is still the only one clearly showing bigfoot?

Also, like I said, absolutely zero physical evidence that they exist?

Ive spent a lotta time up in those Redwoods, dealing with the hill people that live there
Its more likely that thats a hairy ass 6th generation inbred hillbilly demon baby produced by a granny on grandson four way fuck fest

Wasn't this video filmed in the same day the guy bought a camera with which he wanted to prove Bigfoot existence?

Back