Pat Barry Will Fight Again! Appreciation Thread (WITH GIF)!

I was worried for pat in the 1st, but he let off some fireworks in the 2nd.

I can't see him getting fired until he starts getting in actual danger from multiple knockouts in a row. People love watching him fight so they could always put him on prelims or free cards and people will want to see it. The guy is not a contender but he always brings it, which is just as important to the sport as the contenders in some ways.
Very well said. But you never know. Who would have thought that Guida would be in the top 10 last year

Was very happy Pat won tonight, he doesn't win enough unfortunately. I was a bit worried about this fight, but glad he's improved his ground game enough where he can fight off submissions from medium level grapplers, whereas before he would have been tapped by them. Barry always brings it and is very fun to watch, hope he sticks around for a long time to come and hopefully he fights again soon.

it really wouldn't be hard to see barry at 10-3 instead of 8-5. Kongo was damn close to being stopped and I believe he could have beat the aging mirko if he wasn't so star struck

Also, he broke his right hand and right foot in the 1st round of the Cro Cop fight. The bro hug looks really bad in hindsight, but the in-fight injuries probably had a lot more to do with the loss than the hug did.

This was the first fight of a new 4 fight deal he just signed.

If Dan Hardy can stick around for 4 consecutive losses, I'm sure a striking first HW can too.

This was the first fight of a new 4 fight deal he just signed.

If Dan Hardy can stick around for 4 consecutive losses, I'm sure a striking first HW can too.

That is true. It still would have been his 4th loss in 5 fights.

Barry is very easy to root for, I wish he had a slick ground game love his stand-up.

Back