Pat Barry compares Joanna to Fedor

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ver-by-not-accepting-losses-to-rose-namajunas

“If you think about it, when Joanna came out and fought Carla [Esparza] and beat Carla, that’s the same Joanna that fought Rose. She hasn’t advanced. She’s the same fighter. She hasn’t gotten better. Only thing is she’s gotten in better shape. She’s like Fedor. Fedor came out and killed everybody and no one could handle him for years and years and then eventually everyone caught up and figured him out, because Fedor didn’t get any better. He stayed exactly where he was, and eventually everyone figured him out. Joanna hasn’t gotten better, she’s gotten more in shape. That’s it.”

Brain trauma is a scary thing

Haha, it really is. Fedor didn't get any better? Lol. No, no he didn't, he decided instead to abandon his MMA fighter blueprint for success well rounded skill set and instead engage in reckless brawls for some crazy reason, haha.

Not sure what losing to fedor says about their evolution.

Hunt was still a fat sack whod get submitted as soon as it hit the mat at the beginning of his ufc career.

If your under the illusion that fedor couldnt evolve then theres no point in me debating the issue with you.
He didnt need to evolve. He was perfect. Injuries affected his grappling and he needed to have all his tools for his stuff to work. Guys like nogeira and crocop needed to evolve because fedor beat them and they needed to be better to have a hope.

He didnt need to evolve. He was perfect. Injuries affected his grappling and he needed to have all his tools for his stuff to work. Guys like nogeira and crocop needed to evolve because fedor beat them and they needed to be better to have a hope.
Was always the quicker fighter in there, speed is the first thing to go.

Its no secret fedors lost a step in recent years, hence my statement of fedor having to evolve due to the diminishing speed.

Once speed diminishes defence should come to the front.

Look throughout history in combat sports of fighters whove failed to evolve after always having the speed advantage.

Roy jones jnr is another classic example of this scenario.

Was always the quicker fighter in there, speed is the first thing to go.

Its no secret fedors lost a step in recent years, hence my statement of fedor having to evolve due to the diminishing speed.

Once speed diminishes defence should come to the front.

Look throughout history in combat sports of fighters whove failed to evolve after always having the speed advantage.

Roy jones jnr is another classic example of this scenario.
Thats the way it goes. Fedor relied on his speed and explosive power,not fundamentals which could have carried him through. He was still winning fights even when he was diminishing,and remember,when you lose after 10 yrs of winning your never the same guy. It was just too late to change.

Pat barry dont know wtf hed talking about. As if joanna didnt work extremely hard to maintain her status over the rest of the division. She was better precisely because she worked harder. Same with Fedor.

Thats the way it goes. Fedor relied on his speed and explosive power,not fundamentals which could have carried him through. He was still winning fights even when he was diminishing,and remember,when you lose after 10 yrs of winning your never the same guy. It was just too late to change.

In short you’ve basically said Fedor couldn’t or wouldn’t evolve.

I could give you multiple fighters whove evolved from the fighter they were in their early years, and for multiple reasons fedor isnt one of them

Pat Berry fucking sucks, always did suck and always will. Obviously he will never have a shred of the skills and success Fedor still possesses. What a fucking idiot.

In short you’ve basically said Fedor couldn’t or wouldn’t evolve.

I could give you multiple fighters whove evolved from the fighter they were in their early years, and for multiple reasons fedor isnt one of them
And i tell you he didnt need to evolve. He was perfect as he was. His abilities diminished with age and hed first lost too long into his career. He didnt need to evolve because his skills got him everything that there was to get in his time. When he lost to werdum hed already done everything he needed for far longer than anyone else could. Anderson still fought after weidman beat him but he his skills gave him a terrific,long and storied career already. He didnt need more skills than that because what he had was already enough until his time has come. Gsp evolved because he lost early,and fixed the things that could cause him to lose again. Fedor didnt need to make those adjustments because he didnt lose until the end.

Yeah.

How many fighters go a decade ranked #1 in their division?

Jesus God Damn Christ this is a stupid statement.

Yeah.

How many fighters go a decade ranked #1 in their division?

Jesus God Damn Christ this is a stupid statement.
I dont understand ppl saying fedor needed to evolve. Fedor didnt need to do fuckin nootin. He already established a thousand year long reign,making a mountain of skulls. He overachieved like a mother fucker and now you have nerds saying that aftef finally losing,he should start going to america and join one of their gyms,become a defensive fighter 15 yrs into his career and cut to mw? Yeah ok. You dweebs are lucky that the Emperor still fights at all,blessing us with his Presence.

And i tell you he didnt need to evolve. He was perfect as he was. His abilities diminished with age and hed first lost too long into his career. He didnt need to evolve because his skills got him everything that there was to get in his time. When he lost to werdum hed already done everything he needed for far longer than anyone else could. Anderson still fought after weidman beat him but he his skills gave him a terrific,long and storied career already. He didnt need more skills than that because what he had was already enough until his time has come. Gsp evolved because he lost early,and fixed the things that could cause him to lose again. Fedor didnt need to make those adjustments because he didnt lose until the end.
No ones questioning his legacy, were questioning weather fedor evolved or not based off barrys quote.

Its now been nearly 10 years since fedors decline, Im almost 100% positive during 10 years of activity Fedor would have liked to improve.

No ones questioning his legacy, were questioning weather fedor evolved or not based off barrys quote.

Its now been nearly 10 years since fedors decline, Im almost 100% positive during 10 years of activity Fedor would have liked to improve.
He has his way,and what we are getting is all he has to give. He even did quit for some years. You cant make a roy jones into a defensive fighter because he didnt play by the rules of boxing conventions from the star because of his tremendous physical abilities. Thats the only way he could ever fight,thats what he was born to do. If mayweather lost to pacquiao amd kept on fighting how much change could he really make?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ver-by-not-accepting-losses-to-rose-namajunas

“If you think about it, when Joanna came out and fought Carla [Esparza] and beat Carla, that’s the same Joanna that fought Rose. She hasn’t advanced. She’s the same fighter. She hasn’t gotten better. Only thing is she’s gotten in better shape. She’s like Fedor. Fedor came out and killed everybody and no one could handle him for years and years and then eventually everyone caught up and figured him out, because Fedor didn’t get any better. He stayed exactly where he was, and eventually everyone figured him out. Joanna hasn’t gotten better, she’s gotten more in shape. That’s it.”

Its not often I can say a guy that coaches a 16 year old teenage girl as a 30 year old to bang also to a belt holder, has anything intelligent to say.

So the sherdog posters know more than the fighters, which confirms to me that I’m really, really wasting my precious time on a forum full of delusional people!

He has his way,and what we are getting is all he has to give. He even did quit for some years. You cant make a roy jones into a defensive fighter because he didnt play by the rules of boxing conventions from the star because of his tremendous physical abilities. Thats the only way he could ever fight,thats what he was born to do. If mayweather lost to pacquiao amd kept on fighting how much change could he really make?
The question is if mayweather hadnt evolved would pac have beaten him?

Earlier may was willing to be a little more reckless until his father told him he was getting hit to much.

“My thing is defense, and as you've seen in the two other fights that he's had lately, he's been hit more than he's used to getting hit. We're going to stop all that. You don't get hit, that's the name of the game - hit and don't get it. I'm going to hit you, but you're not going to hit me. The hit and miss game, we're going to do a lot more of that," Mayweather Sr. said.

In that moment he became the defensive minded boxer he became in his later years.

This is evolution

Barry speaking truth. Ironically Barry would KO Fedor if he was added to that Bellator HW Tourney.

The question is if mayweather hadnt evolved would pac have beaten him?

Earlier may was willing to be a little more reckless until his father told him he was getting hit to much.

“My thing is defense, and as you've seen in the two other fights that he's had lately, he's been hit more than he's used to getting hit. We're going to stop all that. You don't get hit, that's the name of the game - hit and don't get it. I'm going to hit you, but you're not going to hit me. The hit and miss game, we're going to do a lot more of that," Mayweather Sr. said.

In that moment he became the defensive minded boxer he became in his later years.

This is evolution
Their approaches from jump were very different. Fedor made maximum use of his attributes as mayweather made use of his. We dont know if fedor would ve effective doing it any other way. He certainly improved his striking in preperation for mirko by training in holland if you wanna split hairs

Make it happen Coker.
280113.jpg

Pat speaking the truth…left out the Japanese vitamins that helped fedor as well.

Back