Pat Barry compares Joanna to Fedor

I think he has a point to some degree, but his comparisons falls apart when we consider that Joanna is fighting the best of the best in the ufc, whereas fedor refused to fight in the world’s premier mma organization.

Joanna has always had that Dutch style, heck Pat and her were both members of Hoost's Team Perfect back in the day. I would say her wrestling has improved since she moved to ATT, at least when she was working with coach Barzini; unfortunately I agree with those who say her striking has regressed.

the only things that change is that she has gotten stronger and faster. JJ didnt even change her gameplan , she is still try to distance fight rose instead of in fighting her
Well that makes perfect sense when Rose is mainly boxing and Joanna has great kicks and it worked much better. The only argument you could make and I would support is that Joanna should of used an aggressive Thai clinch like Karolina did so effectively.

Sure, the sport evolved, weight cutting changed everything too, but for the time, Fedor was the best. Today, he would be fighting at middleweight.

in some ways, Pat is sort of right. Fedor was so far ahead of the game at one point, he didn't need to get better to remain on top. He did for a while, he continued to add to his arsenal which was already more than everyone else in the HW division at the time. But when you set the bar, that is the goal people are aiming for. That is the level that people want to be on. So they will train and improve until they do so.

Unfortunately, he is wrong because it wasn't necessarily a diminishing skill-set that cost Fedor his fights.

I just happened when he was 'figured out' he was well past his physical best, lacking the speed and explosiveness that he had in the preceding decade that made him so devastating

His skill actually decreased. I'm sure he thinks Nog got figured out too, and most fighters who hit mid-30's that rely on their speed, reflexes and explosiveness

I think he has a point to some degree, but his comparisons falls apart when we consider that Joanna is fighting the best of the best in the ufc, whereas fedor refused to fight in the world’s premier mma organization.
He didn't 'refuse', he never was able to. The only time he had the chance (at least in his prime) he was contracted to M1. The only time he was a free agent was when he came back out of retirement and the UFC really had no interest, whereas Bellator obviously compensated him, plus with the previous relationship with Coker, it made sense (plus Fedor was way out his prime by then)

In 2007 the heavyweight landscape was far different and the premier heavyweights were OUTSIDE the UFC, not in it. That was the only opportunity he really had to go to the UFC, but M1 gave him a very good deal. Once he was contracted to them, he could only go to an organisation with the blessing of M1

Times changed but at the time there was no way he could have known what the future held for the UFC and the division itself

How tf is fedor supposed to improve on perfection,Pat?

not to mention, Fedor didn't stay the same. he got WORSE.

had he stayed the same, he'd probably still be undefeated. the whole reason he started losing is because he did CHANGE, he changed from an MMA fighter into a brawler who just punches.

Sounds entirely fuckin reasonable, what are you whiney fanboys upset about? If anything he regressed and started focusing soley on his striking and neglected the rest of his game that made him so dangerous. even before his fall off. Whens the last time we seen him fight like it wasnt a bar fight?

<Fedor23>

Let us be honest here, Barry would be Bromancing on Fedor even harder than he was with CroCop.

Weak analogy from Barry.

Fedor didn't just get in better shape like Joanna. If anything he competed at a high level for a longtime and eventually time just caught up with him. He can't go as hard for as long, he can't take the same amount of punishment, and overall is just a step slower. Joanna just ran into a bad match up.

Didn't even watch the video...

WAR FEDOR !!!!!

Pat Barry knocked Kongo out twice, but still got figured out and KO’d cold. All in about 30 seconds.

kongo-barry-comebackc8hl.gif

Last edited:
Don't bro-hug your opponent, PedoPat, you'll get choked out.

that’s rich coming from someone that never even reached people’s expectations in mma.

Fedor has milestones on His record , what did pat do?

You’re cro cops only submission win. Nuff said

Barry should leave Fedor out of this imo

I can see the parallel he's trying to make but ... perhaps Fedor wasn't the best choice considering his rabid fan base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back