Packed gym

I hate it to. I wish people didn't do this shit all at once. Like divide up when people start their resolutions so its not this horrible. I'm at college so it's a ton of groups of three guys, all out of shape, with one guy leading them. They always disappear after 1-3 weeks. All they end up doing is waste dedicated peoples time by taking up space and equipment.

As elitist as that might sound, it is true.

Im all about people gettin in the gym and gettin their reps in. What I hate are the ***s who hang out in groups of 5 or 6, get all decked out in under armor, take over a bench or rack and do more talking than lifting. That pisses me off.

Yea this. It never really is the new individuals that make me mad. It's those guys. They rotate on the equipment and you almost never get it.

One time a group of five guys came in and did a circuit with five pieces of equipment so all of it was taken up for however long they were there. Only saw them do it twice and they all quit coming.

1. I have a Nordic Track Treadmill, a Marcy Diamond Elite Smith machine, one olympic bar, and about 300lbs in plate weights.

2. I bought a plate weight set of about 300lb, I figured I wouldn't need more than that, at least for now.

3. In my opinion, no, but it sort of depends on your situation. The equipment is sort of loud and getting any of it up stairs would be a pain in the ass.

4. Depends completely on what you want. I use half my garage which I measured at about 8' x 16'.

5. I spent about $2000, that's treadmill, smith machine, weights, olympic bar, mats, and a new tv.

I think it's a good move if you can do it. I work out more now than I ever have and I do it in the comfort of my own home. Only downfall so far is the garage gets really cold in the winter and I have to bundle up pretty good. I plan on buying more various weight bars so I can mix it up a little better.

Here's a pic of my set up:

2wgce1j.jpg

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

I'm losing my patience, the gym is full of uneducated scrawny teens and fatties that just linger there working out in slow motion, occuping space and soaking the benches with butt sweat.

Just because of the new year, a human concept devoid of real meaning in the nature. :icon_evil

They will probably drop out after the Carnival. Lazy bums...

This is the beauty of me working a Night crew and usually getting off at around 3am, I'm able to go to the local 24 hour fitness at around 3:30 or 4 am and its empty as hell.

This is the beauty of me working a Night crew and usually getting off at around 3am, I'm able to go to the local 24 hour fitness at around 3:30 or 4 am and its empty as hell.

I did this routine for years and years.

One of the benefits of night crew.

Also, I was stoned as shit everytime I went. Some fun times those were.

Luckily, my routine doesn't involve machines, so my workouts go pretty smooth during this time of year (except on the days that I have to bench).

The locker room at my gym is so crowded these days I bent over to tie my shoes and sucked a guy's dick :eek:

sappoo.gif

Gyms make all their money of these people. They love it.

It can be frustrating but lucky for me the semester has started so I'm using the college's gym. It's usually pretty empty and when people are there they usually just wanna use the treadmills/bikes.

You should do what we do and have your new years in summer.

It splits the news resolution people and the fit for summer people nicely.

You Americans with your imperial system, sheesh.

Yeah TS, as much as it sucks just give it some time and be cool. Its not YOUR gym and mean mugging people doesn't accomplish anything but making you a prick.

I'm extremely dedicated to my fitness' and that's why I realize that by being an ass to those that want to get fit as well I'm just as bad as a Big Mac. So just be cool, work around them, or find somewhere else/time to work out. Most importantly, don't be an asshole, its not your gym, and no one likes an asshole.

You know, it's pretty much a fact that most people abandon their New Year's Resolutions within a month or two. Especially if it's fitness related.

However, I can't help but wonder how many clowns like the TS are part of the problem. Dickheads in the gym who make snide remarks or always trying to mean-mug new prospective gym-goers. Most people won't stay in a room where they're getting negative comments or mean looks all the time.

Instead of being an asshole, Mister Work Out God, why don't you lend a hand or give some advice. People are more likely to come back to places, no matter what they are, if the environment is friendly. I suspect it's people like you that have some sort of "fuck fat people" opinion, but you run off fat people if they show up to the gym trying to better themselves.

If you can't deal with people who aren't exactly friendly at the gym, you're not going to have the willpower to lose weight. Deal with it. There are more difficult things in life than someone making fun of you and if you haven't learned to deal with those things by this point in your life, you don't have what it takes.

If you can't deal with people who aren't exactly friendly at the gym, you're not going to have the willpower to lose weight. Deal with it. There are more difficult things in life than someone making fun of you and if you haven't learned to deal with those things by this point in your life, you don't have what it takes.

and if you haven't learned to treat others who are simply trying to better themselves with respect by this point in your life, you are not mature.

I don't understand.

Do you expect everyone who starts working out to immediately be exceptional lifters or athletes? Everyone starts out as an "uneducated scrawny teen" or "fatty". This thread just seems like an opportunity to pat yourself on the back.

This happens every January at commercial gyms.

I don't understand.

Do you expect everyone who starts working out to immediately be exceptional lifters or athletes? Everyone starts out as an "uneducated scrawny teen" or "fatty". This thread just seems like an opportunity to pat yourself on the back.

For me, the problem is more about etiquette. A lot of newer gym members don't rack their weights, don't clean the equipment after using it, etc. I had one kid bump into me when I was doing squats because he was too busy talking with his friend. Luckily, I was just warming up, so I didn't have a lot of weight on my back. Of course, this is not limited to new gym goers. Some people just don't have any manners, but it is more prevalent with newer/younger gym goers.

As for fat/scrawny people, more power to them. I encourage anyone to go to the gym to better themselves physically, as long as they are respectful.

What pisses me off the most is when you're there at peak hours and the equipment you want to use is taken up by someone who won't get off their cell phone.

The other day I wanted to use the bench. I figured the other 2 were going to take awhile since multiple people were using them and spotting eachother. This asshole is sitting on the bench for 10 minutes fucking around with his cell phone. I go up to him and he gives me attitude and says he has 1 set left. He does 3 reps and gets off.

I'm losing my patience, the gym is full of uneducated scrawny teens and fatties that just linger there working out in slow motion, occuping space and soaking the benches with butt sweat.

Just because of the new year, a human concept devoid of real meaning in the nature. :icon_evil

They will probably drop out after the Carnival. Lazy bums...

TBH you should encourage the fatties rather than bitch about them. They are probably in a gym for the first time in their lives and could use a helping hand.
They need to know gym etiquette and maybe even how to use the machine they are on, etc.
There are lots of X guy at the gym encouraged me and changed my life for the better stories. There are no X guy at the gym glared at me all the time and acted like a douche and that changed my life for the better stories.
Go out there and be positive and make an impact for the better in someones life. Who knows you may get something out of it too.

i just workout at home...much easier that way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back