Packed gym

IAC

:^)
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm losing my patience, the gym is full of uneducated scrawny teens and fatties that just linger there working out in slow motion, occuping space and soaking the benches with butt sweat.

Just because of the new year, a human concept devoid of real meaning in the nature. :icon_evil

They will probably drop out after the Carnival. Lazy bums...

they will be gone within the month. Always happens.

I worked at a gym in college and January was always crazy with the "I'm gonna lose weight" crowd, by February half of them were gone by March probably all but a couple were gone.

Always say, New Years is the time I don't drink or work out at a gym because that's when all the amateurs come out.

Welcome to January. My gym was bought out by some hipster outfit and it's not even called a gym anymore; now it's a "health club" or some shit. Took out all dumbells >75 lbs. There seems to be more MILFs now and they hired a bunch of hawt teenage twats to work the front desk so whatevs.

5404877.jpg

Could get your own weight set at home. I found one on Craigslist for 70 bucks. Bench press and dumbells.

Yup.

Just got back from 24 Hour and the place is packed like fucking cologne-soaked sardines with everyone just talking and moving in slow motion.

Probably about 10% of the people in there are working out.. the same people who were there before January, and will be there after January.

Fatties gotta wrewen everything.

It's good that people are making an effort. I support the notion of improving the fitness of fat people and not throwinf a tantrum when they take up space in the gym :)

Part of the reason why I built a gym in my garage.

You know, it's pretty much a fact that most people abandon their New Year's Resolutions within a month or two. Especially if it's fitness related.

However, I can't help but wonder how many clowns like the TS are part of the problem. Dickheads in the gym who make snide remarks or always trying to mean-mug new prospective gym-goers. Most people won't stay in a room where they're getting negative comments or mean looks all the time.

Instead of being an asshole, Mister Work Out God, why don't you lend a hand or give some advice. People are more likely to come back to places, no matter what they are, if the environment is friendly. I suspect it's people like you that have some sort of "fuck fat people" opinion, but you run off fat people if they show up to the gym trying to better themselves.

Part of the reason why I built a gym in my garage.

Same here. It's such a solid investment, especially if we are talking free weights. They do not depreciate much at all and they aren't too hard to resell. I will never join a gym again.

I just do cardio, so I don't worry much about it

You know, it's pretty much a fact that most people abandon their New Year's Resolutions within a month or two. Especially if it's fitness related.

However, I can't help but wonder how many clowns like the TS are part of the problem. Dickheads in the gym who make snide remarks or always trying to mean-mug new prospective gym-goers. Most people won't stay in a room where they're getting negative comments or mean looks all the time.

Instead of being an asshole, Mister Work Out God, why don't you lend a hand or give some advice. People are more likely to come back to places, no matter what they are, if the environment is friendly. I suspect it's people like you that have some sort of "fuck fat people" opinion, but you run off fat people if they show up to the gym trying to better themselves.

Talk about a means of passing the buck. Fuck them. Theyre going to quit whether you're nice or not. They can go be fat some place else.

I mean mug the idiots not using shit right and who cares if im an asshole for scaring off a safety hazard. Boo hoo.

Oh and giving advice? Cuz everyone likes receiving advice they didn't ask for...

I try to be kind with everyone at any place during any time, regardless of how much they grind my gears. I made this thread just to rant dude, don't look too much into it.

In fact I do agree with you, some newcomers may feel harassed in the gym. Well, the majority of them does not help themselves...

Mean mugging fat people at the gym is tons of fun

This is exactly why I don't believe in NY's resolutions. I'd rather decide I'm going to make a lifestyle change than a NY's resolution to do something. Now, working out isn't something I'd have to worry about not following, but eating a proper diet, yes, I need to work on that.

January's are always super crowded in every gym worldwide is my guess. The number of people going to the gym and signing up in January is always almost double the usual, and it's always NY's resolution people to lose weight. 99% of them will give up in February, and they won't be back until next January. Worse than that, they aren't even doing the proper exercises to lose weight. Most of them will just use either the machine weights or walk so slowly while watching tv on the treadmills it's almost a pointless waste of time. Anyone serious about losing weight should invest in a good personal trainer or really do their research on proper exercises and diets to lose weight.

You can't hate too much on these people, because they pay for the gym for the most part. Gym owners love these people. They take their money, and they only have to see them for 1month out of the year. Most gyms would struggle to make profits if these people didn't show up.

If I have a problem about the average gym is they invest far more in the treadmills and stair climbers with tvs attached than actually providing quality equipment. They cater towards the people there who would really rather just watch tv than exercise. The gym is for exercising. I have no problem with a few big tvs especially to play sports, but if you really want to watch tv, stay at home.

Back