Packed gym

The locker room at my gym is so crowded these days I bent over to tie my shoes and almost sucked a guy's dick :eek:

And you didn't immediately go on Sherdog and make a thread about it? What's wrong with you?

It's not the reason I train at home, but still makes me glad I do.

On the bright side TS, if it weren't for the annual flood of New Year's resolution derps, your monthly membership dues would be higher. So there's that.

Mind blown. :eek:

I should be thankful to the fatties... But god damn, not the teens!

Same shit here, just like everywhere else I'm sure. They will quit in a month or less.

Also, I fuckin' hate when people sweat on the bench and don't wipe it down, makes me want to murk somebody.

If you were all real men you'd all push a grain grinding wheel for about 20 years instead of lollygagging around in some mamby pamby gym.

Worked for Conan

Can't see the flaw in this logic. :cool:

ruedac.jpg

I'm losing my patience, the gym is full of uneducated scrawny teens and fatties that just linger there working out in slow motion, occuping space and soaking the benches with butt sweat.

Just because of the new year, a human concept devoid of real meaning in the nature. :icon_evil

They will probably drop out after the Carnival. Lazy bums...

That's why you purchase your own cage/rack and workout at home. Fuck the public gyms

Oddly enough, the squat racks are always empty.

I'm pretty fortunate, most people at my gym are cordial enough to let me work in if everything is occupied. The quickest way to get rid of people is start adding some serious weight to the bar - people get embarrassed and walk away.

I'm losing my patience, the gym is full of uneducated scrawny teens and fatties that just linger there working out in slow motion, occuping space and soaking the benches with butt sweat.

Just because of the new year, a human concept devoid of real meaning in the nature. :icon_evil

They will probably drop out after the Carnival. Lazy bums...

if you are such a regular at the gym, and by your post I think you want to imply that you are then you should be used to this from the first year that you started working out, either that or you started working out 6 months ago

if you are such a regular at the gym, and by your post I think you want to imply that you are then you should be used to this from the first year that you started working out, either that or you started working out 6 months ago

OR I just wanted to make a light-hearted thread. Maybe I would sound more convincing if I made this same thread in 2008? :redface:

I was hoping my gym would die down by now. Before the Christmas break there were like no more than 20 people at the free weights sections now there is about 50. I find it especially frustrating when I want to squat and some idiot is curling 2 10s on each side of an olympic bar.

My only suggestion is to get there early and if your already an experience lifter and can rack on alot of weights, the less likely anybody would take the time to mess with your area. For example, I finally did 260 for 5 reps and did a circuit of 340 for 5 reps on the squat rack and not a single person tried to get to either equipment even when all the other bench and squat rack was occupy. Feels good man.

Part of the reason why I built a gym in my garage.

I'm going to hit you with a bunch of questions if you don't mind;

1) What sort of equipment do you have?
2) How heavy should you go when buying weights for your own home?
3) Would a gym set-up be appropriate on the second floor of a house?
4) Could I realistically fit everything into an average sized room?
5) Roughly how much cash did you spend on your gym if you don't mind me asking?

My gym membership ran out in November and I was looking to relocate to a cheaper gym, but the thought of having it in my house is amazing. I can't use the garage because no matter what there is always a leak when it rains.

Wow, some of you guys are a bunch of elitist pricks. God forbid people try and better themselves. Willing to bet first time you went to the gym you didn't just jump in like a pro. It can be intimidating to new people. If you have worked out for any amount of time you should be use to the cycle, college/HS kids in summer and Xmas break, newbies in the beginning of the year. Deal with it and work around it.

It's nice to have a gym in your apartment building :icon_chee

Aww yeah, they're opening one in my building in march! I dont need to lose weight but i'll join if they have any martial arts classes :cool:

Back