Rumored Overeem as a main event

Hope he KO's Sakai and gets a rematch with Jairzinho. If he had just backed up and kept his hands up for the final 5 seconds, he had him beat. I still have dreams of Overeem getting the belt, it is theoretically possible.

It's sad he could have been a UFC champion but tried a fucking guillotine after he dropped Stipe

MedicalGraveEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

Yeah but come on guy, he clearly felt the tap

JDS recently had 5 consecutive main events in which he wasn't champion or challenger (during those fights) if that's what you mean.
his sherdog profile page counts 7 ... wtf... so JDS is the record holder ?

People can say what they want about Reem, but for a guy to have been doing this since the late 90's - and still be right near the top... is damn impressive. He wasn't the only one who had a little extra horse meat back in the day - where are those guys now? Mostly gone, or totally shot.

I have never dishepetch the reem ever...i agree man the guy has had an amazing combat sport career...litterally has touched gold everywhere hes gone...and has a ADCC championship too..i mean hes successful at whatever he does...

I would love to train with him...hes on my list of fighters to meet and train with one day

Sti
Id put money on him in a Stipe rematch. He had Stipe done but screwed up by going for the guillotine instead of gnp
Stipe was nowhere near done. He got stunned and easily got out of the guillotine and then proceed to assault Reem on the feet for a bit before knocking his head through canvas. But it’s your money and your opinion and you have the right to do what you will with both.

Reem reminds me of Rockhold. 6ou never know who is getting KO'ed but somebody is getting KO'ed. Usually him

his sherdog profile page counts 7 ... wtf... so JDS is the record holder ?

Oh, if they don't have to be consecutive then it's probably Bisping. I count 11.

Reem is a PPV/ratings draw. You know you are either gonna see him KO or get KO'ed. It's rarely boring.

He could knock Stipe out one day and the other get knocked out by Frankie Edgar. That's why his fights are always must watch TV.
He did finish him. Almost... Some people would say that Stipe tapped.

First professional fight in 1999. Champ in K1, Dream, and Strikeforce. Fought in Pride during Pride’s heyday. 11-7 in the UFC(in mostly later years). Guy has been there, done that.

Last edited:
Sti

Stipe was nowhere near done. He got stunned and easily got out of the guillotine and then proceed to assault Reem on the feet for a bit before knocking his head through canvas. But it’s your money and your opinion and you have the right to do what you will with both.

You missed my point. Reem let him off the hook by going for the choke instead of gnp. Similar to how Nog had Mir hurt in the rematch and instead of gnp he went for the choke and Mir survived and then broke his arm off.

His longevity is absurd. How the man does not show any signs of cte is beyond me. He's still competing and is still competitive. The way he swallowed his ego and changed his style after he became DeflatoReem is nothing short of incredible in my eyes. I can't think of any other fighter that has ever done this. It must have a psychological effect to go from a deathdealing jacked up mountain of a man to what he is now - still a big dude no doubt - but a far cry from his heyday. Very impressive.

That said I wish they'd let him roid back up and lay waste to everyone in his path in one final run. Let him rematch all the motherfuckers that knocked him out while on maximum juice. That'd be a sight to see.

WAR Reem. Reem would definitely win the rematch with Chuck. This is what longevity means. The guy has certainly paid his dues. This is prime Chuck, who goes on to loose to prime rampage. Chuck returns to the UFC to knock out Ortiz with punches.

Chuck, Ortiz, rampage, Wanderlei, Couture are all washed up fighters. Only the Reem remains, like a Pheonix rising from the ashes.
dh6fyi5ic3u21.gif

Last edited:
With what he is paid, why wouldn't they be showcasing him as a main eventer?

You missed my point. Reem let him off the hook by going for the choke instead of gnp. Similar to how Nog had Mir hurt in the rematch and instead of gnp he went for the choke and Mir survived and then broke his arm off.
Reem dint let him off the hook. He made a tactical error showing his bad judgement. And your assumption Stipe would’ve been grounded and pounded just and assumption. Stipe handled an Olympian on the ground just fine so there’s no guarantee Reem wins that fight. At this point, Reem’s unlikely to go on another title run to get near Stipe at this point anyway, so the point is moot.

Hard to believe he'll ever win a ufc belt unless.. he moves down a divison..
I dont think he can make 205 anymore and u r right i dont think he will fight for the belt because Stipe,Francis and Blaydes already beat Alistair

Back