Outside of hating Rousey does any other woman in the division have a claim to being better?

2sWOv5C.gif

And two fighters in that top 5 have beaten Holm, and Holm beat her. But that doesnt put her behind those three for me.
I think there is work to do for any of them to claim anything. The longer Ronda sits, the more she is a thing of the past, when the division was very clearly weaker - Nunes, Holm and Schevenko being not on the radar, or not even in the organization in those days when Rousey was dominating.
Nunes has been in the division for three years lost against Zingano. Before that she lost against Davis and d'Aleglio,.
She has losses against three girls that Ronda smashed in seconds.

Shevchenko has had three fights in the ufc so far.
Struggled with Kaufman lost against Nunes and won against Holm.
Holm is officially 3-2 in the ufc (not adjusted for fairness)

The new narrative is as follows:

Holm is considered great cause she wrecked Honda.

Shev is considered great because she beat the girl who wrecked Ronda.

Nunes is considered great because she beat the girl who beat the girl who beat Ronda.

You guys realize that the claim to greatness in wmma hinges on the one night when Holm beat Ronda, directly or indirectly.
I don't know if it's a subconscious thing but it's certainly not well grounded on rational thought

I understand what you said. But unfortunately you can't adjust records to suit your liking.

Saku is 813-0.. Because I say so.
What about the guys who say Ronda is 4th place in the Olympics even though the Judo repechage system only knows two third places?
Did you call them out on their shit, too?
No?
Thought so.

Ronda still looks good for a title shot coming back. Shevchenko, Nunes haven't looked like world beaters in some of their fights. Ronda beat Tate twice comfortably and I would fancy her chances against Shevchenko who is small for the division. The only problem is Ronda's long layoff.

What about the guys who say Ronda is 4th place in the Olympics even though the Judo repechage system only knows two third places?
Did you call them out on their shit, too?
No?
Thought so.
When I quoted you no one had made mention of that.. Infact, I just went back and read the first 3 pages.. And I learn YOU are the one to have brought it up! Hah.. So you're a white knight.. There are plenty of them.. Own it!

When I quoted you no one had made mention of that.. Infact, I just went back and read the first 3 pages.. And I learn YOU are the one to have brought it up! Hah.. So you're a white knight.. There are plenty of them.. Own it!
Not in this thread maybe but some of her haters have said so repeatedly.
Inevitably some backlash us to be expected.

RR still has the best resume in the division by a long shot, has been gone less than a year and is still the best grappler with power in her hands.

Holm was said to be light years ahead of RR but outside of the RR fight she hasnt looked good at all. I think RR losing had more to do with RR playing rocky 3 than Holm actually being the better fighter.

The division has not evolved at all sense RR last fought.
Styles make fights but generally when you beat someone to a pulp you have the right to believe you are the better fighter. That was a one sided beat down. I think Holm can sleep well at night. She has a lot to work on, especially her ground game. I'd say father time is her biggest enemy.

Ronda's best wins are Zingano and Tate. Both have been beat recently.

Yeah there's no one even close to Rousey at this point, when it comes to resumé.

Fixed that for you :D

So? In case you don't remember Ronda just got her ass beat and handed to her too. It was a headkick KO in a fight where she was picked apart systematically throughout almost two rounds.

Its funny as if sherdog didnt hate rousey, they'd of said the champ went out on her shield. How she is a bad ass.

So? In case you don't remember Ronda just got her ass beat and handed to her too. It was a headkick KO in a fight where she was picked apart systematically throughout almost two rounds.
Yes, we've been through that before. Poor game plan, inadequate preparation, pride, stupidity, hubris, you name it.
An outlier, a fluke, not going to happen again.

Best resume doesn't mean she's the best fighter.
Heck, some fighters might beat some others just because of their style, and not because he is better than the other guy.

IMO Tate or Nunes are better overall fighters. they are more complete than Holm or Ronda. Those two are great as one facet of MMA, but lacking on others.
Stop it you Tate hugger, the only thing she's good at is spamming double and single legs. She had 2 fights with Rousey and wasn't competitive in either of them.

Stop it you Tate hugger, the only thing she's good at is spamming double and single legs. She had 2 fights with Rousey and wasn't competitive in either of them.

If you'd be so good to THINK about what I wrote before making an asinine statement that does not contradict anything I said....
That would allow us to have conversations instead of retarded e-peen contexts

If you'd be so good to THINK about what I wrote before making an asinine statement that does not contradict anything I said....
That would allow us to have conversations instead of retarded e-peen contexts
Tate isn't better overall, she's lost handily to Nunes, Rousey, Zingano and Kaufman back in the day, also could have easily lost to McMann.

Holm is 2-3 in the ufc.(adjusted for fair scoring)
Not exactly in the same solar system as Ronda.
One flukish win does not a goat make.

Flukish win?

You call what she did a fluke?

You gotta be joking.

Back