Outside of hating Rousey does any other woman in the division have a claim to being better?

Without stating the obvious... no fuck that. I'm stating the obvious.

Holly beat her... Smarten up.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

How do you actually make this post ???

Holm won against Ronda but I think she should have lost against Pennington
I understand what you said. But unfortunately you can't adjust records to suit your liking.

Saku is 813-0.. Because I say so.

Big rousey fan but Holms win over her was not a fluke.

Ronda has the best resume in the division but the question for me is how much of her dominance had to do with her undefeated mentality and aura.

Would she be able to still put on such insane performances (finishing opponents in a matter of seconds) and would her 'bully mentality' work now that her opponents have seen her so vulnerable.
This is an interesting point to consider. How much does this effect a fighter when their opponent is being hyped up as some mythical gladiator type being? When the UFC, the fans, the media are all saying that the guy or girl you're facing is the best in the world..and nobody barely even knows your name..that has to put some pressure on a fighter. There were guys that gave Silva a little bit too much respect because of his aura and probably paid a bit more for it than they otherwise would have.
At the end of the day, that mentality battle is on the individual fighter, but it will be interesting to see if it changes how girls see Ronda now that it is known that she is far from invincible. (Assuming she ever comes back)

Holm kicked her head off, I think it's still orbiting the planet she's had to replace it with a pillow. So I'd say that's a decent claim.

I get what the OP is saying; Ronda does have the best record in WMMA. But she is not the best fighter in the present.

Who is then and why?

She has already been beat and has not avenged the brutal loss. She hasn't fought for a while now and there has been three title fights.

If you respect the championship-ranking system, then it's a no brainier that Amanda Nunes is the best 135lb.

At this point Ronda should be top 4-5.

She has already been beat and has not avenged the brutal loss. She hasn't fought for a while now and there has been three title fights.

If you respect the championship-ranking system, then it's a no brainier that Amanda Nunes is the best 135lb.

At this point Ronda should be top 4-5.
Fuck the championship ranking system what do you think? Why is Nunes better than RR?

RR has proven she can beat over half of the world's top 10 in under a round. She has the sickest ground game in the division and is one of the strongest. RR has one loss compared to Nunes 4 losses and has obliterated girls who have beaten Nunes.

RR has been gone less than a year and she has been training. To pretend like the division has somehow evolved for no other reason than RR lost is silly.

Fuck the championship ranking system what do you think? Why is Nunes better than RR?

RR has proven she can beat over half of the world's top 10 in under a round. She has the sickest ground game in the division and is one of the strongest. RR has one loss compared to Nunes 4 losses and has obliterated girls who have beaten Nunes.

RR has been gone less than a year and she has been training. To pretend like the division has somehow evolved for no other reason than RR lost is silly.

That's nice and all but if she can't hold the belt then she isn't currently the best. It isn't hard to understand the reason behind it.

You say fuk the championship belt but you fail to realize it's the most important symbol in the UFC. The belt means you are the champion. You are the best at the moment. Ronda Rousey was once the best 135lb in the division until Holly Holm Ko'd her in a brutal fashion. Ronda Rousey is not the best 135lb currently.

But as i said before, she has the best record at 135, however, she isn't currently the best.

'Claim to being better' is vague though. From a rankings standpoint, of course, one must consider Ronda Rousey is coming off a one-sided loss and has not fought since (we're at what, 9 months now? Other girls have fought twice in this period).

One must also consider, Rousey was undefeated, beating competition that is still relevant today. (Meisha Tate, Cat Zingano... ).

As much as I despite Jessica Pena, she is the logical next contender, if we take Rousey out of the picture. Sometimes though... money changes things. And a Rousey title fight is so much bigger than Amanda Nunes vs. anyone else.

In short, TS you have to admit Nunes, Tate, and especially Holly Holm, can and should reasonably lay claim to be better today. It would be nice if we get to see some those fights...

Who knows how Rousey comes back. Maybe she's better... maybe she's lost the glow.
ShoNuff-animated.gif~c200

Last edited:
'Claim to being better' is vague though. From a rankings standpoint, of course, one must consider Ronda Rousey is coming off a one-sided loss and has not fought since (we're at what, 9 months now? Other girls have fought twice in this period).

One must also consider, Rousey was undefeated, beating competition that is still relevant today. (Meisha Tate, Cat Zingano... ).

As much as I despite Jessica Pena, she is the logical next contender, if we take Rousey out of the picture. Sometimes though... money changes things. And a Rousey title fight is so much bigger than Amanda Nunes vs. anyone else.

In short, TS you have to admit Nunes, Tate, and especially Holly Holm, can and should reasonably lay claim to be better today. It would be nice if we get to see some those fights...

Who knows how Rousey comes back. Maybe she's better... maybe she's lost the glow.
ShoNuff-animated.gif~c200
I don't think Holm or Tate have claim to currently being better. The claim that Tate is better is absolutely ridiculous. 9 months ago no one gave her a chance to beat RR because she had failed twice in one sided fights and didn't look great up until that point. The only thing she has done since then is defeat Holm which is good but that doesn't put her as favorite to bean RR.

Holm has a win over RR but I still don't think she is better. The only fight in the UFC that has been impressive was against RR and she has lost twice since then. Looking at the big picture and not just their first fight I would favor RR to win. RR not trying to live up to the hype of her being the terminator who must destroy her opponant in seconds takes Holm down and destroys her.

It equals ducking when she blatantly waited until the second Holm lost. Why not say she's coming back before the fight? Because she doesn't want to fight Holm again.

Ronda is still terrified of Cyborg because she's not tailor made for her. Ronda had no problem in saying she would fight Gina at 145 or a catchweight. Not Cyborg though. She has to stay away from dangerous strikers. If that isn't blatant ducking, idk what is. She might as well have just said, "I'll take the easier fight but not the harder one that everyone wants to see." We all know Ronda's ego is super fragile. She basically went into hiding after she lost to Holm. Imagine what she would do after she lost to Cyborg after all the shit Ronda has talked about her?
1) No, Ronda will rematch Holm after her break and she's going to armbar her in round 1

2) Jon Jones was ducking Miocic , Hunt, Werdum, Cain and the Rest of the HW roster.
Pretty mediocre record if you think of it.

Back