Outside of hating Rousey does any other woman in the division have a claim to being better?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RR still has the best resume in the division by a long shot, has been gone less than a year and is still the best grappler with power in her hands.

Holm was said to be light years ahead of RR but outside of the RR fight she hasnt looked good at all. I think RR losing had more to do with RR playing rocky 3 than Holm actually being the better fighter.

The division has not evolved at all sense RR last fought.

to say the division hasnt evolved since Ronda lost the belt is a bit of reach, theres 2 new contenders...... and there has been 2 new champions since then also. The division is far more competitive nowadays. Which is better in the long run

RR still has the best resume in the division by a long shot, has been gone less than a year and is still the best grappler with power in her hands.

Holm was said to be light years ahead of RR but outside of the RR fight she hasnt looked good at all. I think RR losing had more to do with RR playing rocky 3 than Holm actually being the better fighter.

@RR resume is flawless indeed, lol.

ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

to say the division hasnt evolved since Ronda lost the belt is a bit of reach, theres 2 new contenders...... and there has been 2 new champions since then also. The division is far more competitive nowadays. Which is better in the long run
Is that proof of competition, or a lower more even playing field?

Holly systematically beat Ronda, and would most likely do the same in a rematch, so Holly is better.

It remains to be seen if fighters like Shevchenko, Pena and Nunes are better.

Ronda has the best resume in the division but the question for me is how much of her dominance had to do with her undefeated mentality and aura.

Would she be able to still put on such insane performances (finishing opponents in a matter of seconds) and would her 'bully mentality' work now that her opponents have seen her so vulnerable.

This period has been great for letting many more 135ers shine and build their name. All the different styles being brought in by each fighter should stimulate evolution.

Holly systematically beat Ronda, and would most likely do the same in a rematch, so Holly is better.

It remains to be seen if fighters like Shevchenko, Pena and Nunes are better.
Holm is 2-3 in the ufc.(adjusted for fair scoring)
Not exactly in the same solar system as Ronda.
One flukish win does not a goat make.

WMMA sucks. Ronda was a media creation. The end.

The division has not evolved at all sense RR last fough
t.

Ronda's delusional fan.

Styles makes fights, Ronda lose for just one of the great strikes of the division, after Nunes and Valentina, this bullshit talking about Ronda will be finished and her will be forgotten into oblivion.

I'm a Rousey fan but Holms fight with Pennington was clearly a win for her, clearly 2 rounds to 1.

Holm is 2-3 in the ufc.(adjusted for my bias)

Corrected above
I agree that holly beating Ronda, even assuming she can repeat which I think she will, does not mean she is better. See Hughes/hallman. However, you do not get to choose hollys record.

I'm not sure any win in history could be described as less flukey.

Holly's humiliation of Ronda left no doubt that she is better.

Cyborg has won her last 16 fights, if she is in the division is debateable since Ronda is not these days either.

Back