Out of all of the all time greats who is the most well rounded?

Out of all of the all time greats who is the most well rounded?

• Total voters
He is the only guy I can think of off hand who out wrestled a FRESH Coleman.

Didn't the Hammer put Fedor on his back?

I need to rewatch that fight honestly.

Imo it's a toss up between MM, Jones and GSP, but I'm going to have to give the edge GSP.

Exact same thought process and vote... could really make a case for any of these 3, but think they are the only choices.

I disagree with yu. DJ deserves to be on that list period.

But IMO GSP is the most well rounded....

...though I do give a nod to Fedor.
He fought Nog on the ground.
He stood up against Cro Cop.

He fights at his opponent's strength whereas GSP would do the absolute opposite.

That's called intelligence. If a football coach went up against a team with top rush defense but shitty pass defense and wanted to try and run it to prove a point, he'd be fired. You don't get points for style or bravery, it's just a dumb strategy.

GSP
DJ
Jones

In that order. Jones adapted his stand-up to his body type, but technique wise his boxing wasn't as crisp and clean as GSP or DJ

Lol at Anderson being on the list and people actually voting for him

Fedor most well rounded.

I dont think is too close. His footwork and head movement while striking.... OMG GOAT

He got TD, TDD, chin, submission, KO power, combos, smart, stamine. hes got it all.

Out of all the greats, Fedor is the best all around.

Out of all the greats, GSP is the smartest fighter

Out of all the greats, Silva is the most offensively gifted.

Out of all the greats, Cruz is the best striker.

Jon Jones is like a mix of all, making him the best fighter god and PEDs have created so far.

At what point does application come into people's equation?

This like having all the tools, but never using the right one.
I don't think many qualified people would think this is the most strategic, physically safe or the most effective use of his weapons.
No, but this shows he can handle himself where his opponent's shine.
It is far more difficult to do, and harder to accomplish.

Your justification is ridiculous at best.

if I tell you I beat Maia standing, it's not great feat.
but submit Maia and see how anyone would react.

Cro Cop gets knocked out on the feet often. Why is it impressive that Fedor and him fought some on the feet?
LOL! Congrats on exposing your ignorant fairweather ass.

he lost 5 times. 4 of those was after Gonzaga at the UFC (including that KO)
The only KO he had when fighting Fedor was against Randleman.

Go learn about the subject before talking, kid.

That's called intelligence. If a football coach went up against a team with top rush defense but shitty pass defense and wanted to try and run it to prove a point, he'd be fired. You don't get points for style or bravery, it's just a dumb strategy.
LOL at those comparisons... he's not playing silly football, kid.

and it shows his skill.
he is good enough not to be submitted by the likes of Nog on the ground.
he is good enough to not get KTFO by CroCop's kicks.
He was good enough at those areas to beat guys who were the masters in those areas.

Only fucktard haters would try to spin this as a negative.

Toss up between MM and GSP , voted GSP as he's my favourite fighter of all time

To have great boxing you need a good jab and be able to be balanced when you punch. Fedor has no jab and throws his weight around every time he punches. Fedor may be the GOAT MMA fighter, but if you think he had great boxing you know nothing about boxing
watch his fight vs arlovski, his defense was slick. also the third nog fight. he had hands. great striking then

LOL! Congrats on exposing your ignorant fairweather ass.

he lost 5 times. 4 of those was after Gonzaga at the UFC (including that KO)
The only KO he had when fighting Fedor was against Randleman.

Go learn about the subject before talking, kid.
Because he got knocked out a lot after Gonzaga they don’t count?

Aldo: Phenomenally crisp striking, great BJJ, great TDD/defenseive wrestling, never consistently displays offensive wrestling game.

Aldo is 3/4 in the major categories of MMA

Mighty Mouse: Great striking, great ground game, great defensive and offensive wrestling,

MM is 4/4 in the major categories of MMA

Jones: Solid striking, solid BJJ, great defensive and offensive wrestling

Jones is also 4/4 but he doesn't really stand out in terms of his submission/striking game. He utilizes his size attributes phenomenally though

Fedor: Wild striking but it's effective, great wrestling offensive and defensive, great submission game.

Also 4/4, his striking isn't very polished but he makes it work well

GSP: Great striker, Great on the ground, great defensive and offensive wrestling

GSP is 4/4 and does everything great. Clearly he's in the discussion

Anderson: Amazing striking, good BJJ, poor offensive and defensive wrestling

Right now I have it

1. Mighty Mouse
2: GSP
3. Fedor
4. Jones
5. Aldo (The only reason Aldo is this low is because his striking has been so phenomenal for years that no one ever forced him to resort to his grappling. Aldo has the potential to be 2nd or 3rd if he wanted to)
6. Anderson

Because he got knocked out a lot after Gonzaga they don’t count?
He was only knocked out once in his first 7 years. He was a top 3 HW and the most dangerous striker in the world before he lost his speed, flexibility, and a multitude of injuries and surgeries which led to his decline. He even had surgery right before he came to the UFC.

He was once very very good. If you discredit Fedor's win over Mirko because Mirko eventually declined then you have to discredit GSP's wins over Hughes, Hendricks, Koscheck, Condit, Fitch, Alves, Penn, etc because all those guys declined hard and had a lot of embarrassing losses at the end of their careers too. All fighters decline. All of Fedor and GSP's best opponents have declined by now but they were all very good when they were younger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back