Other peoples awkward moments that make you feel awkward

There's that ONE guy in a group (i.e., at work, or a buddy group) that always suddenly and drastically morphs his personality when any new female (5/10 or better) is in the room, or just walks through it.

Here's the breakdown:

1. Will start pushing out odd combinations of words and cutting himself off, usually trying to improvise a "joke" or three. Very loudly. To no one in particular, in order to be "overheard". In this format he is a Zen puzzle-- Way too loud, yet somehow all too quiet

2. You can FEEL the veins in his head bulging without even having to look as he speaks so eloquently. The unnaturalness of the situation causes everyone to instinctively look at their shoes or turn the other way

3. Sentences march determinedly, unsteadily onward to an onslaught of broken paragraphs, then pages, in an attempt to cover up the previous fragment of haphazardly manufactured embarrassment, which just accumulates into a bigger, hotter frenzy, and complete quiet apart from himself *(alternately, a more savvy crowd may mercifully drown him out with a synchronized volley of ambient alternate conversations, allowing him a possible exit. Usually not)

4. For the grand finale, after having gained zero favorable response or attention at all, initiates the 'big guns' (very often during step 1, depending..) from his arsenal of how he THINKS social dynamics work, and directly insults at least the top TWO of the guys he feels most "threatened by" (better looking, funnier, higher social status, etc.), who he, in his head, KNOWS are competing with him(!!!!) for this chick that in reality no one knows or cares about. He's so flustered, he can't even do it in pretending joke-format anymore. Just spills out his herky jerky frustration to the entire room

5. Gains fame, recognition, and proceeds home with the women of his choice

-----

If you work with a hick, I think you know what I'm talking about

This moment. I just felt so bad for Mike Meyers because I would have had the exact same reaction and there wasn't shit he could do about it because Kanye firebombed the whole fundraiser. Doesn't matter though Redcross is a scam anyways.

kanye-west-michael-myers-george-bush-dont-like-black-people.gif

Lady at Costco had a shit load of items and it came out to more than she had on her credit card, so she'd hand the cashier things to subtract from the items till it was down to where she could pay for it. Felt bad for her a little.

Or when their credit card is declined, i feel embarrassed for them as well.

I will anticipate awkward moments on TV and in movies and turn away, sometimes even just shut the whole thing off.

Not exactly and awkward moment, but my sister and female cousins always talk about how fat they feel/are. One of my female cousins is actually a body builder, so having 10% body fat is intolerable for her. Anyways, we were at Applebee's a couple of years ago when they were talking about how much weight they've gained over the past year (3 pounds...) while right behind us is a family of nothing but obese people, kids and all, rolling 10-15 deep. I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I find other peoples awkward situations funny.

I find my own akward situations horrible.

All of Sasha Baron Cohen's skits (Ali G, Borat, Bruno). That's his style of comedy. To make awkward as hell social situations.

In real life for me - how about Vanilla Ice. Anytime he spoke "word to your mother" every 2 seconds. Or his music, his existence really. :icon_lol: And anyone like him. And there's lots. "The Situation" for example.

I want to get the racial draft going ASAP and give him away to ANYONE for a large cash settlement. :icon_lol:

That's him back in the day anyways. Maybe he's returned to being white I don't know. He was definitely ashamed of being white at the time.

---

Anyone remember the tv show Blind date? That provided many moments - especially guys (you can tell the girls don't like) but continue druelling over them, making a fool of themselves.

I remember a guy (cuz he knew the girl didn't like him) continually farted throughout the date. Just a disgrace to mankind.

I remember the host (after the date played) made the comment "and bud...good luck in getting another date after that performance". :icon_lol:

Guys proposing at sporting events is always cringeworthy to me, especially when they get denied.

The mascot is freaking great in that video.

When the chick goes to walk off he is like what the hell.

Damn, the announcer/commentator were great too. "I'm just waiting for someone to say no."

*She says no*

"You know I was kidding when I said that, right? That was just a joke."

There are only a few things that are cringeworthy for me. This season of TUF comes to mind immediately.

In real life, I mostly just ignore it. Then laugh about it after I get of that area.

I tend to feel this more when I'm watching TV than I do in real life. If it's a stranger, I might feel sorry for them, but not embarrassed.

I cannot watch most of the vids ITT.

The mascot is freaking great in that video.

When the chick goes to walk off he is like what the hell.

Damn, the announcer/commentator were great too. "I'm just waiting for someone to say no."

*She says no*

"You know I was kidding when I said that, right? That was just a joke."

There are only a few things that are cringeworthy for me. This season of TUF comes to mind immediately.

In real life, I mostly just ignore it. Then laugh about it after I get of that area.

My God that is fucking EPIC!!!!

I am surprised it does not happen more. A lot more. What kind of nimrod manages to convince himself that his woman wants to be proposed to at a sporting event.

Those commercials with the guy and the kids all sitting at a table always get me.

There is one on right now where the guy asks what they are better at and one kid says he is better at being funny. He then says the lamest joke of all time. It makes me laugh but at the same time it is akward as hell...

queen my dishes please

This moment. I just felt so bad for Mike Meyers because I would have had the exact same reaction and there wasn't shit he could do about it because Kanye firebombed the whole fundraiser. Doesn't matter though Redcross is a scam anyways.

kanye-west-michael-myers-george-bush-dont-like-black-people.gif

I would've laughed at the ridiculous nature of the statement, delivery and the timing of the statement. This really put Kanye on the map of being known as a guy who says the most preposterous shit ever.

In real life for me - how about Vanilla Ice. Anytime he spoke "word to your mother" every 2 seconds. Or his music, his existence really. :icon_lol: And anyone like him. And there's lots. "The Situation" for example.

I want to get the racial draft going ASAP and give him away to ANYONE for a large cash settlement. :icon_lol:

That's him back in the day anyways. Maybe he's returned to being white I don't know. He was definitely ashamed of being white at the time.

Vanilla Ice, as of this year, is still selling out shows and is a successful home renovator. He has his own show called "The Vanilla Ice Project". As for your last couple of sentences, I don't understand why you're such a closet racist. At the end of the day, he's still working and raking it in, even if it's off of "Ice Ice Baby" nostalgia. I think he's a good example of someone who rose to prominence as a "one hit wonder", was smart with their money and stayed successful, even if it's behind the scenes.

I think he's a good example of someone who rose to prominence as a "one hit wonder", was smart with their money and stayed successful, even if it's behind the scenes.

"One hit wonder" - You mean that song he ripped off, or the culture he ripped off to sell that song he ripped off, with his zero musical talent? :icon_lol:

In fact, I'm not debating how successful he is or was. I'm responding to the subject about awkward moments (ie: his music career and every time he talked). If it wasn't awkward for you, then good for you if you're a fan.

To me it was awkward as hell.

"One hit wonder" - You mean that song he ripped off, or the culture he ripped off to sell that song he ripped off, with his zero musical talent? :icon_lol:

In fact, I'm not debating how successful he is or was. I'm responding to the subject about awkward moments (ie: his music career and every time he talked). If it wasn't awkward for you, then good for you if you're a fan.

To me it was awkward as hell.

I can understand what you mean by that. It's not debatable that he did steal the beat from that song. It's not really debatable that his continued musical success is based off of nostalgia and tongue in cheek "fans".

I just don't find it awkward, these fans carry the same gene as people who non-ironically like Justin Bieber.

I can understand what you mean by that. It's not debatable that he did steal the beat from that song. It's not really debatable that his continued musical success is based off of nostalgia and tongue in cheek "fans".

I just don't find it awkward, these fans carry the same gene as people who non-ironically like Justin Bieber.

Justin Bieber I find extremely awkward as well. :icon_lol:

Does anyone ever experience this? Where you witness something in person or even on TV that's really awkward and it instantly makes you feel weird as if you were the one in the awkward position?

I'm standing in line to grab some food yesterday and in front of me is a 30ish year old woman with her 7 or 8 year old daughter. In front of them is a fairly dirty looking 50 something year old guy. The little girl is talking and saying some cute things and the dirty guy keeps looking back and smiling. Normal enough I guess.

When it's the guys turn to go to the register, he first turns around so he's facing the mom and daughter, starts making the Donald Duck noise and then shakes his head back and forth so his cheeks make the "quackquackquack" noise. Without even smiling he turns back around, walks up to the register and starts ordering like a normal human being.

The mom was kind of in shock and didn't want to be mean so she just says "Was that Donald Duck?" to her daughter. The daughter kind of grabs her moms leg and says "I don't know".

Meanwhile I'm standing there feeling almost lightheaded because it was so random/creepy/awkward. For some reason I just felt weird as hell until I got out of there. I wasn't even involved and it affected me as if I was the guy making the weird noise. Anyway does anyone else ever feel awkward when they witness shit like this?

I know...cool story bro.

haha, yes. Its like some people don't have a public behavior filter.

For example, all my childhood (and even now as an adult sometimes) I dread going to sporting events with my dad. He was always that angry guy in the stands yelling at the refs. No, you don't understand, he would yell at them like they had personally walked up to our row and blown the whistle in our face while sending the other team to the free throw line/first down/whatever. Wait, that may actually happened before. The point is he would go way over the top at expressing his disagreement and disliked virtually every ref he ever ran across. He would also never praise anything the refs did right unless it was sarcastically implying it was some sort of make up call.

Anyway, my dad had/has a terrible public behavior filter.

When you know someone is lying and you sense they know that you know they're bullshittin so instead of just confessing the truth they just keep clumsily going on with it.

Back