Other peoples awkward moments that make you feel awkward

God damn, you just blew both those out of the water. lol @ the headbutt count. That was physically painful to watch.

Fuck right he did. I couldn't think of one of those moments besides this chick I was dating for awhile farting hella loud around a couple of my friends. Its like 2nd hand embarrassment.
That blind date video was exactly what this thread needed. Perfect.

Does anyone ever experience this? Where you witness something in person or even on TV that's really awkward and it instantly makes you feel weird as if you were the one in the awkward position?

I'm standing in line to grab some food yesterday and in front of me is a 30ish year old woman with her 7 or 8 year old daughter. In front of them is a fairly dirty looking 50 something year old guy. The little girl is talking and saying some cute things and the dirty guy keeps looking back and smiling. Normal enough I guess.

When it's the guys turn to go to the register, he first turns around so he's facing the mom and daughter, starts making the Donald Duck noise and then shakes his head back and forth so his cheeks make the "quackquackquack" noise. Without even smiling he turns back around, walks up to the register and starts ordering like a normal human being.

The mom was kind of in shock and didn't want to be mean so she just says "Was that Donald Duck?" to her daughter. The daughter kind of grabs her moms leg and says "I don't know".

Meanwhile I'm standing there feeling almost lightheaded because it was so random/creepy/awkward. For some reason I just felt weird as hell until I got out of there. I wasn't even involved and it affected me as if I was the guy making the weird noise. Anyway does anyone else ever feel awkward when they witness shit like this?

I know...cool story bro.

I guess the psychology of this ,is that you starting comparing yourself to the guy who did the embarrassing act. Then you start thinking about some embarrassing things that happened to you in the past. These things can happen.

Back