Other peoples awkward moments that make you feel awkward

RSmith47

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone ever experience this? Where you witness something in person or even on TV that's really awkward and it instantly makes you feel weird as if you were the one in the awkward position?

I'm standing in line to grab some food yesterday and in front of me is a 30ish year old woman with her 7 or 8 year old daughter. In front of them is a fairly dirty looking 50 something year old guy. The little girl is talking and saying some cute things and the dirty guy keeps looking back and smiling. Normal enough I guess.

When it's the guys turn to go to the register, he first turns around so he's facing the mom and daughter, starts making the Donald Duck noise and then shakes his head back and forth so his cheeks make the "quackquackquack" noise. Without even smiling he turns back around, walks up to the register and starts ordering like a normal human being.

The mom was kind of in shock and didn't want to be mean so she just says "Was that Donald Duck?" to her daughter. The daughter kind of grabs her moms leg and says "I don't know".

Meanwhile I'm standing there feeling almost lightheaded because it was so random/creepy/awkward. For some reason I just felt weird as hell until I got out of there. I wasn't even involved and it affected me as if I was the guy making the weird noise. Anyway does anyone else ever feel awkward when they witness shit like this?

I know...cool story bro.

Does anyone ever experience this? Where you witness something in person or even on TV that's really awkward and it instantly makes you feel weird as if you were the one in the awkward position?

I'm standing in line to grab some food yesterday and in front of me is a 30ish year old woman with her 7 or 8 year old daughter. In front of them is a fairly dirty looking 50 something year old guy. The little girl is talking and saying some cute things and the dirty guy keeps looking back and smiling. Normal enough I guess.

When it's the guys turn to go to the register, he first turns around so he's facing the mom and daughter, starts making the Donald Duck noise and then shakes his head back and forth so his cheeks make the "quackquackquack" noise. Without even smiling he turns back around, walks up to the register and starts ordering like a normal human being.

The mom was kind of in shock and didn't want to be mean so she just says "Was that Donald Duck?" to her daughter. The daughter kind of grabs her moms leg and says "I don't know".

Meanwhile I'm standing there feeling almost lightheaded because it was so random/creepy/awkward. For some reason I just felt weird as hell until I got out of there. I wasn't even involved and it affected me as if I was the guy making the weird noise. Anyway does anyone else ever feel awkward when they witness shit like this?

I know...cool story bro.

Naw, good thread idea imo. This happens to me all the time... Shit, it was hard to even read what you just wrote. Talk about awkward.

I know...cool story bro.

What is Ravden doing at the grocery store?

What is Ravden doing at the grocery store?

Hah, I was thinking Cint... Yeah, it literally just does not get any more awkward and uncomfortable than when an older man gets just a little too creepy around kids.

I know these moments you speak of. If it happens on TV I'll turn the channel until said awkward event passes. If it happens in real life, I watch the proverbial train wreck unfold while my sympathetic nervous system does it's own fight/flight analysis as if I was an active participant in it. Weird.

i believe the word you're looking for is cringeworthy.

but yea i usually can't watch when someone is embarrassing themselves on tv

Every Ben Stiller movie i watch makes me feel awkward. He just always puts himself in horrible situations lol.

When they fall is always good for a laugh.

"Thank you."

Thank you, too.

Forrest Griffin/Tito Ortiz 3 and the after fight interview. The end.

It's called Fardow

Oh yea all the time when I was young- I remember watching movies where something wholly embarrassing was about to happen to a character and I'd sometimes have to shut the tv, change the channel or leave the room cause I felt very uncomfortable.

Now I guess I'm jaded as fuck cuz I've seen movies wi humiliating situations and I barely batted an eye.

I know...cool story bro.

I am the exact opposite of you. The awkward moments of others almost bring me to a state of sexual arousal. Going to a dinner party where the hosts get into a huge argument in front of everyone is like foreplay to me.

And the more uncomfortable everyone else gets, the more I like it.

Me sister recently said to me she gets really bad "second-hand embarrassment", and though I'd never heard the term I knew the feel.

This always happens to me. I will literally change the channel when I can see an awkward or embarrassing part coming on.

Good thread idea...

i was walking to the train station in the morning and I came across this gay couple fighting. Verbally..then out of nowhere one grabs the other by the shirt collar and drags him towards a more secluded area...they are yelling and one shoves the other in the chest toward the wall...i didn't know whether to intervene or call the cops or let this lover's quarrel resolve itself.

[YT]WKChtS2aDRY[/YT]
Still find it hard to watch this... It's like watching my brother make a bad speech...

What's the name of that guy who use to fight in the ufc? I remember he won a fight, and during his post fight interview, he tried to get the fans to chant along with him...and failed miserably. He was saying "Fear not....", something along those lines

What's the name of that guy who use to fight in the ufc? I remember he won a fight, and during his post fight interview, he tried to get the fans to chant along with him...and failed miserably. He was saying "Fear not....", something along those lines

Paul Buentello

"Don't fear me... Fear the consequences"

Back