Ortega 2.0 is a myth

Holloway took it out of him. He looked better against KZ because Zombie isn't at that level. I didn't like what I saw out of Ortega and think the narrative of new and improved is B.S. created by UFC announcers/marketing. Am I missing something?

I had my doubts but then I saw the XL cup. Ortegas clearly grown as a fighter. He will be unstoppable for a couple minutes haha

Dan Ige, Zombie resorted to the takedowns

Wouldn't call it "resorting", he had better grappling, so he used it.

Even if we say that Ige was getting better of the striking, the advantage wasn't even near the same league as clowning Ortega unleashed on Jung.

For insulting kz
latest

What do you mean that Zombie is "not at that level"?

Alternatively, who else had ever thoroughly outstruck Zombie for 5 rounds?

Certainly not Aldo, for starters.
In all fairness Aldo broke his foot early. And he lucked out with the shoulder dislocation on Zombie

Just look at his punching mechanics & footwork in the Zombie fight its not hard to see tons of improvements. Countering cleanly off the backfoot & slipping punches like a tactical patient sniper. Far from the brawling pressure fighter who was powerful but sloppy as hell with his footwork & had no head movement.

He may not beat Volk or Max, tho I believe he can, but to think he is the same fighter or worse than the guy who lost to Max shows you have an extremely uneducated eye for skills.

I’m rooting for Ortega, even Ray Charles could see the improvements he’s made to his striking post Holloway fight. With that said I want him to definitively beat Volk so that Max can go get his crown (which is rightfully his imo).

<{jackyeah}>

KZs excuse was that he only got an hour of sleep or some shit and after rewatching it I kinda believe him lol he was blinking a bunch and just looked sleepy then after that spinning elbow he was toast

It's not a myth, you can clearly see the massive improvement in Ortega striking. But whether that's enough to beat volkanovski is another question.
Ortega's striking has improved tremendously. The myth that he is better since the Max beating. I think that beating did a little something to him. He's a very good fighter, but not good enough to beat Max or Volk IMO.

Holloway took it out of him. He looked better against KZ because Zombie isn't at that level. I didn't like what I saw out of Ortega and think the narrative of new and improved is B.S. created by UFC announcers/marketing. Am I missing something?
You deserve to burned at the stake for speaking blasphemously of the Korean Zombie @Eric Silva 2.0 I’m calling you out as a Just Bleed Heretic...
<{clintugh}>

He's become more well rounded over the years. Of course jiu jitsu is his game but the guy do have KO power and is durable. I think Alex will take it but don't sleep on Ortega.

Certainly possible as ortega has a nack for pulling finishes out of his ass, but i think it's more likely that, if this fight hits the mat, it's with Volk on top and ortega too crunched up against the cage to have space for subs while Volk beats the shit out of him.
I think Volk just decisions him with a mix of leg kicks, body kicks and boxing. He has more tools and fights very smart. Volk is very good and isn't getting enough credit.​

Ortega looked good against KZ because all KZ did for the entire fight was leap in 1-2s. KZ was super basic and predictable. He sorta always has been.

You deserve to burned at the stake for speaking blasphemously of the Korean Zombie @Eric Silva 2.0 I’m calling you out as a Just Bleed Heretic...
<{clintugh}>
I like KZ and think he's very good, just not as good as Max. Ortega is also very good but Max gave him a clinic. I just don't think Volk gets enough credit, the guy is great and fights with a very high fight IQ.

Ortega looked good against KZ because all KZ did for the entire fight was leap in 1-2s. KZ was super basic and predictable. He sorta always has been.
I think Volk is the opposite of super basic and predictable. He's very well-rounded and will find the holes in Ortega's game to win the decision. I watched the Volk/Max 2 fight again a few weeks ago. I just don't think people give Volk credit for how good he is.

Back