orlando snatchez: your new champ

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think Orlando snatchez are always entertaining..

Orlando vs. Jeff Monson. It'll be on my bed time collection.

He had one subbed armbar from crucifix from top position. Yes he's fabricios training partner,yes he's boring as fuck and yes he and this type of grapplerrs will own adcc from Now on untill they change the stupid guard pulling rule

Also he has done more than what most if us will ever dream doing in grappling lives so he deserves all the credit too,as much as I hate to admit it

Orlando is the man, and extremely humble. So humble in fact that he decided that we had seen enough of him for the day. He gave the title to Calasans lol.

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile. Winning's winning.

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile. Winning's winning.

Yeah, but no. Winning is not winning in any sport, particularly a niche sport like grappling. From both a monetary perspective and a non-monetary respect from the fanbase perspective.

Many guys win in this sport but get little respect or money out of it.

I'm sitting here thinking that yes he won a very shallow division, yes he won with points only, stalling and a lack of submissions, but in the end no one could tap him or beat him. He's boring as fuck, I never want to watch him fight ever, but he's won a gold medal at ADCC which very few people could do. As much as I don't want to, I've got to give him some credit.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Yeah, but no. Winning is not winning in any sport, particularly a niche sport like grappling. From both a monetary perspective and a non-monetary respect from the fanbase perspective.

Winning is not winning? Explain please. You have evidence that there is a monetary benefit of winning with style points? The winner receives 10,000. Period.

Winning is also irrelevant to fanbase.

Lastly, it's a quote from a movie.

Sounds like Metamoris has a good opportunity to showcase Schuab vs Orlando in their first no time limit match.

thinking about that makes my head hurt
or go into a coma

Many guys win in this sport but get little respect or money out of it.

I wished this was true...but then you have guys like Pablo Popovitch- who is usually horrifically boring, but people still remember and respect him as an ADCC champ.

I wished this was true...but then you have guys like Pablo Popovitch- who is usually horrifically boring, but people still remember and respect him as an ADCC champ.

A lot of people never forgot how his victory over Marcelo happened.

Not that I care that much.

Winning is not winning? Explain please. You have evidence that there is a monetary benefit of winning with style points? The winner receives 10,000. Period.

Winning is also irrelevant to fanbase.

Lastly, it's a quote from a movie.

I'll put it this way, who is going to buy a Sanchez instructional? Merchandise? Go to his seminars? Sponsor him?

Some will, but in such a niche sport limited admiration translates into limited income and limited respect.

This is not to say that winning is meaningless, but it's equally a fallacy to think all winning is alike.

His shorts seemed to literally be covered in sponsors...

I'll put it this way, who is going to buy a Sanchez instructional? Merchandise? Go to his seminars? Sponsor him?

Some will, but in such a niche sport limited admiration translates into limited income and limited respect.

This is not to say that winning is meaningless, but it's equally a fallacy to think all winning is alike.

Ok. I'm simply saying that winning = winning and winning = / = popularity. Those are 2 different things. He was a 10-1 underdog on betting sites and he beat the biggest names in the division. Albeit by refs decision.

At the end of the day, being ADCC champion is more important than the tactics used to win. People will remember that he beat Vinny and Dean on the way to getting the gold.

Who's going to buy a Sanchez instructional? I bet sales just went up.

Merchandise? Don't think he sells any.

Go to his seminars? His next seminar appears to be in Hong Kong. I'll wager you it doesn't flop when you attach ADCC 2015 Champion to it.

Sponsor him? I don't think anyone had more sponsors on their shorts than Orlando. Plus isn't he one of Shoyoroll's main sponsored athletes?

Or Tanquinho's win over Rafa and Cobrinha at the Worlds

Back