News OPPONENT SWAP! Tatsuro Taira will now fight Alex Perez, while Joshua Van will take on Tagir Ulanbekov, June 15

Who wins?

• Total voters
Happy that we get to skip Taira-Van but man this some bullshit. Second time they have fucked over Tagir for a top 10 booking. Kinda makes me wish the Perez-Taira fight doesn't materialize

<KhabibBS>

Weird? They were already scheduled on the same card and then switched?

Street beef?

Happy that we get to skip Taira-Van but man this some bullshit. Second time they have fucked over Tagir for a top 10 booking. Kinda makes me wish the Perez-Taira fight doesn't materialize

<KhabibBS>

Taira was fucked over more times. He was supposed to get Dvorak when dvorak was ranked, then he was supposed to get Elliott when he was ranked. Makes sense to push Taira into the higher ranked match up since he is undefeated whereas tagir is only on a two fight win streak.

They needed a main event for June 15th & we're one month out. Desperation move for sure.

However, I really this move. As much as I lived Taira/Van, it was buried on the early prelims of 302. Even tho it's the Apex I do like the idea of showcasing the FLW division. I think Aliskerov/Muniz will be the co-main but Van/Tagir is a solid 3rd wheel for an Apex card.

Early thoughts are Perez & Tagir give each youngster a prospect-loss. Hope I'm wrong.

91xFB0t3qiL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

Taira was fucked over more times. He was supposed to get Dvorak when dvorak was ranked, then he was supposed to get Elliott when he was ranked. Makes sense to push Taira into the higher ranked match up since he is undefeated whereas tagir is only on a two fight win streak.
I know Taira has been fucked over but that's all his opponents dropping out not them getting rescheduled by UFC that's way more fucked up lol. Taira might be undefeated but he has nowhere near as good wins as Tagir. Tagir really should be the one fighting Alex and Taira getting some other ranked fighter.

I know Taira has been fucked over but that's all his opponents dropping out not them getting rescheduled that's way more fucked up lol. Taira might be undefeated but he has nowhere near as good wins as Tagir. Tagir really should be the one fighting Alex and Taira getting some other ranked fighter.

Tagir got his opportunity against someone in the rankings 2 fights ago and came up short. I think it is only fair to give taira this opportunity now. If tagir beats van, he'll likely get another shot at a top ranked opponent next.

Last edited:
If Taira gets it to the ground he should get the sub. Van I think takes his first L here.

Tagir got his opportunity against someone in the rankings 2 fights ago and came up short. I think it is only fair to give taira this opportunity now. I tagir beats van, he'll likely get another shot at a top ranked opponent next.
And has since shown with his better wins against better competition that he deserves a top 10 fighter more than Taira. Im not even against Taira getting this opportunity but I don't think it should come at the cost of Tagir getting screwed.

Amazing Matchmaking by the UFC here. Can push Taira to a title shot with this win if they want to.

Back