Rumored Israel Adesanya Says He Will Fight in 2024 - Quality Over Quantity

Wormwood

Rest in Peace BWR
@Black
Reaction score
Israel says he will fight in 2024:

“I’m still going to enjoy this. (In 2024) when I fight – I know I’ll fight (in 2024). I don’t know when I’m going to fight, but when I fight, it’s going to be quality. It’s not going to be quantity.”

“People were talking like I’m retiring or taking five years off. I’m like, ‘Chill, don’t worry.’ My time off is different to most people’s time off. People take two years off. I’m not doing that. Like I said, four fights in 14 months. I know I’m on the back end of my career. I know when I’m done with this, I’m going to miss it. So I was trying to do as much as I can. Then I realized it’s not about quantity, it’s about quality.“

Do you think Dana/UFC will give him
an immediate title shot against Strickland/DDP winner? Will he get a title shot at 205 against Alex? If not, what “quality fight” makes sense for Izzy? Whatever the fight, will be interesting how he bounces back after losing his belt a second time. Someone pointed out he always comes back stronger after a loss… we shall see.

full article:

I feel they might do him against Pereira for 300, I know it doesn't make a ton of sense but there's not much else available for that would be on the same level of a fight like that.

11624b1e-bcea-4ccf-bf0e-16897721cb6e_text.gif

Probably a smart approach from a guy who seems may have been a little burnt out. Nothing really left to prove at this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing him against DDP/Strickland rematch but who knows what he’s thinking.

I feel they might do him against Pereira for 300, I know it doesn't make a ton of sense but there's not much else available for that would be on the same level of a fight like that.
I’m thinking that is probably what the ufc has in mind as well…

Really happy that the Alex fight is on the table, I knew he would find a way to get his revenge.

The coming up on the tail of his career talk and quality over quantity sounds like he may do the Jones thing of cherry picking his next few fights.
Outside of a Pereira fight its not like he has the ability to jam the divisions since a shot a Strickland seems overshadowed by Khamzat.

A man who isn't champ fighting fun and winnable fights is fine by me.

While I enjoyed the title changing hands, I wouldn’t disagree with an immediate title shot for Adesanya.

Seems obvious that Izzy-Alex 3 will headline 300. But I'd much rather see Izzy-Khamzat. Giving Izzy a title shot at 205 after getting dominated at 185 would be absurd.

Khamzat can't fight in the U.S.

I mean to be expected as a fighter ages to not fight quite as often. In his last 3 fights even the one that he won he’s been getting a bit busted up. Been some rough miles of late after a title run of a good amount of comfortable safe decisions. Probably good to back off a tad.

Seems obvious that Izzy-Alex 3 will headline 300. But I'd much rather see Izzy-Khamzat. Giving Izzy a title shot at 205 after getting dominated at 185 would be absurd.

Yup super obvious

Both saying fight announcement coming soon

Both showing pics looking bigger then ever

Ufc 300 for sure …. I mean, it is a fight I’d watch 10 times because either can knock the other out …. But I dunno if that’s what I want for ufc 300 headliner

Then again , not too many Better options either …. Connor not deserving to headline it either …

Dc vs lesnar lol

Khamzat can't fight in the U.S.
I don't necessarily mean Izzy-Khamzat at UFC 300. Just in general; I don't care which card it would be on.

Has there been credible confirmation that Khamzat can't fight in the U.S? I know there's been speculation, but I haven't seen anything official.

I don’t really care what he does. Was never a fan and im good if he never comes back lol

I don't necessarily mean Izzy-Khamzat at UFC 300. Just in general; I don't care which card it would be on.

Has there been credible confirmation that Khamzat can't fight in the U.S? I know there's been speculation, but I haven't seen anything official.

His coach

Back