Ontario hockey coaches ordered to talk about gender diversity to players.

I correlate based on counting online argument victories, something children do to boost self esteem
It's just a smartass retort I don't care who wins and lose debates, I've lost some and I've won some.

So if a girl pretending to be a boy demands to play hockey in the boy's league and then gets demolished on the ice for being smaller and weaker how would you feel about that?

She made a choice. Her responsibility 1,000,000%. What's the issue here?

Government already got in the way of it at different points in time by a) allowing blacks in the same schools b) giving gays the right of marriage c) legalizing pot in many states. Y'all keep calling them out. They'll keep doing what they need to to ensure equal representation. You don't have to call a sky blue if you think it's purple - you just have to respect it's notion that it's purple. There's no rolling that back

Yep. Not happening.

They can try fining me and putting me to jail, as many times as they wish. Nothing will make me "respect" the notion that snow is black.

I have a friend that believed for a while that he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and the messiah. He would get really angry when I told him he wasn't. Should I have been obligated to respect his supernatural identity? Why or why not?

You should. It's his responsibility to figure it out. If he wants to identify as an attack helicopter, that's his prerogative. Let people make their own choices and be accountable. What else are you gonna do?

Yep. Not happening.

They can try fining me and putting me to jail, as many times as they wish. Nothing will make me "respect" the notion that snow is black.

That's fine, as long as you don't discriminate against black snow based on it's claim that it's black. I don't think you people understand the ask here - nobody's asking you to believe - you're being asked to not be a dick about it.

And that's the way it is, that's what I'm trying to get at - does anyone here honestly think that we're going to roll back to gender notions from 20-30-40-50 years ago? Does anyone think this is going to happen? All I am saying is that we need to learn to live with it - we have to - because it's the new reality and no amount of bitching is going to change it

I don't have to learn to live with anything . . . I can choose to speak out against something, condone or ignore it . . .

If "I" have to learn to live with some supposed societal acceptance of there being 77 genders then "you" have to learn to live with the b*tching . . . disapproval isn't disrespect anymore than acceptance is approval or respect.

She made a choice. Her responsibility 1,000,000%. What's the issue here?
Ok fair enough. What if a teenage boy wants to be a female and then forces a school to let him join an all female sport such as track, and then he goes on to destroy them all as was the case i forget where but I remember the article. Do you see that as fair or unfair?

Government already got in the way of it at different points in time by a) allowing blacks in the same schools b) giving gays the right of marriage c) legalizing pot in many states.

The government also allowed this to happen, yes? The world is complicated.

180226-trans-boy-wins-girls-wrestling-feature.jpg

hc-jacobs-column-yearwood-transgender-0531-20170530

That's fine, as long as you don't discriminate against black snow based on it's claim that it's black. I don't think you people understand the ask here - nobody's asking you to believe - you're being asked to not be a dick about it.

Obviously I've already explained that the standard of "not being a dick about it" is for me to pretend that white snow is black, to protect other people's sensibilities.

If the standard of me not being a dick about it, was to not call these people "trannies" or ":eek::eek::eek:s", sure, I could understand that logic. But when you're extending the deemed insult to me calling a male person "he", then that's a "bit" over the line of this being about mere disrespect, and has now entered the realm about re-shaping reality.

Ok fair enough. What if a teenage boy wants to be a female and then forces a school to let him join an all female sport such as track, and then he goes on to destroy them all as was the case i forget where but I remember the article. Do you see that as fair or unfair?

Of course not - and per my earlier post, there should be leagues for people with non-binary gender identities. Even in the girl's case - let's be clear - there should be leagues that allow equals to compete. I'm not an idiot to suggest that a claim to be of certain gender factually maeks you a certain gender. Bilogically we are all different. And sporting leagues should be based on biological traits. Societal treatment is a different matter, but, as a general rule, as there should be an equal treatment and respect for men and women, so should there be equal respect for those who identify outside that binary spectrum. Is that unreasonable?

Obviously I've already explained that the standard of "not being a dick about it" is for me to pretend that white snow is black, to protect other people's sensibilities.

If the standard of me not being a dick about it, was to not call these people "trannies" or ":eek::eek::eek:s", sure, I could understand that logic. But when you're extending the deemed insult to me calling a male person "he", then that's a "bit" over the line of this being about mere disrespect, and has now entered the realm about re-shaping reality.

I don't expect things to go as far as to enforce pronouns. If they did, I'm sticking to names. I have zero plans of introducing additional pronouns to my vocabulary.

Of course not - and per my earlier post, there should be leagues for people with non-binary gender identities. Even in the girl's case - let's be clear - there should be leagues that allow equals to compete. I'm not an idiot to suggest that a claim to be of certain gender factually maeks you a certain gender. Bilogically we are all different. And sporting leagues should be based on biological traits. Societal treatment is a different matter, but, as a general rule, as there should be an equal treatment and respect for men and women, so should there be equal respect for those who identify outside that binary spectrum. Is that unreasonable?
It isn't unreasonable. I'll give you credit for being one of the more rational and based proponents of this topic. I think i've just seen some seriously wacky posts about this on FB and sort of generalize everyone who supports it as being a little wacky like they were.

I don't expect things to go as far as to enforce pronouns. If they did, I'm sticking to names. I have zero plans of introducing additional pronouns to my vocabulary.
It's kind of funny, I bet a lot more people would support all of this if the supporters thought like you do and weren't all spastic and nutty about it.

It's kind of funny, I bet a lot more people would support all of this if the supporters thought like you do and weren't all spastic and nutty about it.

I believe a lot of people are like me in that respect. I'm ok with people doing whatever they want and calling themselves whatever they want as long as that doesn't involve infringement of my rights. I'll afford everyone equal respect, whether I agree or disagree with them, as long as my disagreeing with them doesn't in and of itself carry a penalty

It isn't unreasonable. I'll give you credit for being one of the more rational and based proponents of this topic. I think i've just seen some seriously wacky posts about this on FB and sort of generalize everyone who supports it as being a little wacky like they were.

Oh there definitely are some loons out there - I've seen them first-hand. I don't agree with any extreme stances

I believe a lot of people are like me in that respect. I'm ok with people doing whatever they want and calling themselves whatever they want as long as that doesn't involve infringement of my rights. I'll afford everyone equal respect, whether I agree or disagree with them, as long as my disagreeing with them doesn't in and of itself carry a penalty
I can agree with that. For the record I do not look down on these people as lesser people, or people deserving of less rights. I just think it's absurd that people born as male or female expect to just switch sides in things like sports and if anyone doesn't support it wholeheartedly they're bigots. It's a tricky topic right now as the ones with extreme views are sort of ruining it for those with rational thought on matter like yourself.

Seems like a good idea to me. Since our schools are under attack by regressive conservatives, this is a good way to get the message of inclusion across.

Link to article -

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/minor-hockey-inclusion-1.4795895

It's not regressive to be a parent and not want your kid to be told a boy ins't a a boy or a girl isn't a girl in grade fucking 3.

And go fuck yourself up the side of the head if you think it isn't confusing to a kid in grade 3.

Christsakes in grade 3 you could have talked me into believing I was Luke Skywalker.

For the record, to those who are unaware, chirping is a huge part of hockey, at all levels. Hockey is not a sport for the thin skinned. You are going to be on the receiving end of OT style insults every single shift.

I say trannies in general are very mentallly tough. For decades if not centuries they have been ostracized by the majority of civilizations.

We had NFL, NBA players come out of closet, still waiting on top flight soccer, rugby, NHL, and MLB.
A man coming out as gay is the same as a woman wanting to be a man? Are you dumb or a troll

Back