Ontario hockey coaches ordered to talk about gender diversity to players.

Says who, you? Dude please give me one example of rights being successfully rolled back. One. Not gonna happen. What you find "cognitively sound" and what you don't doesn't matter - people can do whatever they want with their bodies and you can't stop them. It doesn't have to make sense to you, you don't have to like it but, guess what - it's really and simply none of your business and you can't police it. Period. It's that simple.
People can roleplay all they want. At the end of the day the chromosomes stay the same.

Hockey is full of psychopaths and sadists. There are going to be more than a few players just itching for the opportunity to knock some sense into a tranny or a female player with a monster hit or an elbow to the head.

This is from a high school game:

high-school-hockey-hit-lincoln-vs-west-salem.gif

Lol, I don’t know about that.

I’ve played hockey from like age 3 to 30, most of that time at extremely competitive levels, definitely not “filled with psychopaths and sadists”.....but it’s a savage sport played by savages, that’s true.

People can roleplay all they want. At the end of the day the chromosomes stay the same.

Again, your opinion, won't affect policy. Rights > opinions, 10 times out of 10. You don't have to like it, support it, live around it, but you can't ban it. I don't understand why people still struggle with this notion, it's so, so simple

Again, your opinion, won't affect policy. Rights > opinions, 10 times out of 10. You don't have to like it, support it, live around it, but you can't ban it. I don't understand why people still struggle with this notion, it's so, so simple
They have the right to play make believe all they want. But nobody is obligated to take them seriously.

They have the right to play make believe all they want. But nobody is obligated to take them seriously.

Your argument would not be out of place 60 years ago in reference to gays, and, yet, here we are. Learn your lesson - they will be indulged and you can't do dick about it. Don't fight it - it's ok.

Your argument would not be out of place 60 years ago in reference to gays, and, yet, here we are. Learn your lesson - they will be indulged and you can't do dick about it. Don't fight it - it's ok.
Stop comparing homosexuality to this nonsense. It's a ridiculous comparison and you know it.

Stop comparing homosexuality to this nonsense. It's a ridiculous comparison and you know it.

Do I? Much more importantly - do you think that it makes any difference whether or not that comparison is valid? We're at a point in time when it really is impossible to roll rights back. The cat is slowly creeping out of the bag and it's not coming back in. People won't just give up on asking for equal rights, it's not gonna happen. It's a tide that will not be stymied. Our personal preferences don't matter dick, man...

Well, women's hockey in general doesn't have body contact. You know, 'cause they're equal and shit.

Also, didn't the high school kids still mop the floor with them?

It is rather laughable when adult women's teams are training with and losing to high school boys, but have the nerve to demand equal pay with professional male athletes.

"I don't even have the athletic ability of a high school boy, but I deserve to make millions like my male counterparts. Sexism! Misogyny!"

<{cruzshake}>

Do I? Much more importantly - do you think that it makes any difference whether or not that comparison is valid? We're at a point in time when it really is impossible to roll rights back. The cat is slowly creeping out of the bag and it's not coming back in. People won't just give up on asking for equal rights, it's not gonna happen. It's a tide that will not be stymied. Our personal preferences don't matter dick, man...

I'm jumping in here. What he's saying is that you can't force him or anyone else to take it seriously. He has that right. You can't roll it back.

If you actually think that, then I look forward to your wake up call when you realize this is a fad rooted in teenage internet addiction and yearning to be unique to get attention.

Hopefully one day you get the help you so clearly need.

If you actually think that, then I look forward to your wake up call when you realize this is a fad rooted in teenage internet addiction and yearning to be unique to get attention.

Hopefully one day you get the help you so clearly need.

Lol dude if anyone needs help it's you and the rest of your lot who think they'll stop this. You either lack the intelligence to differentiate a fad from a long-emerging rights movement, or you're simply a closeted bigot trying to mask as an "intellectual conservative". Either way, the times have passed you. You are obsolete, as are your beliefs.

The worst part is that you probably think I'm some kind of a liberal. I'm not, I'd rather die than ever get bucketed with either of your major movements. I merely see what's happening in the context of history and I guarantee you, you are on the losing side the more you resist.

But hey, to each their own.

I'm jumping in here. What he's saying is that you can't force him or anyone else to take it seriously. He has that right. You can't roll it back.

He has the right not to take it seriously - and nobody's talking about rolling back that right. What I am talking about is these peoples' right to be treated with equal respect IRRESPECTIVE of their gender identity. What's wrong with that?

Lol dude if anyone needs help it's you and the rest of your lot who think they'll stop this. You either lack the intelligence to differentiate a fad from a long-emerging rights movement, or you're simply a closeted bigot trying to mask as an "intellectual conservative". Either way, the times have passed you. You are obsolete, as are your beliefs.

The worst part is that you probably think I'm some kind of a liberal. I'm not, I'd rather die than ever get bucketed with either of your major movements. I merely see what's happening in the context of history and I guarantee you, you are on the losing side the more you resist.

But hey, to each their own.
I don't give a shit about your political affiliations. It's not a long emerging rights movement, it's a small % of mentally ill people who need psychological assistance. The vast majority of the population supports my stance. Sorry about that.

He has the right not to take it seriously - and nobody's talking about rolling back that right. What I am talking about is these peoples' right to be treated with equal respect IRRESPECTIVE of their gender identity. What's wrong with that?

Folks already have that right because they're human beings . . . . that gives them value. Thinking differently or suddenly feeling the need to play dress up doesn't make them any more special or deserving of more attention than anyone else.

Most coaches are already discussing how they expect their kids to behave and treat their teammates. Singling out "Johnny" because he now wants to go by "Susy" and telling folks to treat him with respect is stupid . . . just tell the team to not be douches and move on.

I don't give a shit about your political affiliations. It's not a long emerging rights movement, it's a small % of mentally ill people who need psychological assistance. The vast majority of the population supports my stance. Sorry about that.

The mask comes off, finally. You are a sad man indeed. We're done here.

Folks already have that right because they're human beings . . . . that gives them value. Thinking differently or suddenly feeling the need to play dress up doesn't make them any more special or deserving of more attention than anyone else.

Most coaches are already discussing how they expect their kids to behave and treat their teammates. Singling out "Johnny" because he now wants to go by "Susy" and telling folks to treat him with respect is stupid . . . just tell the team to not be douches and move on.

I don't disagree - but this whole hockey lecture thing was with an intent to preempt any disrespectful conduct, I think. In an ideal world it should not be necessary and I'm pretty sure the people being singled out would much prefer not having to be singled out and not being treated special - at the end of the day that's all I'm advocating here - nobody should care what anyone else's gender identity is and everyone should have equal rights irrespective of it. Is that unreasonable?

The mask comes off, finally. You are a sad man indeed. We're done here.

You say that, but...

I personally believe that a lot of the gender shit has gone past the point of sanity - well past, indeed

So which is it, Mr Progress, who likes to call others bigots? Normal and acceptable, or well past the point of sanity?

Back