• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News ONE FC double champion Reinier De Ridder wants to reach triple-champ status, before switch to UFC

I’m curious about what you guys thought of RDR’s submission-grappling match vs André Galvão.
Was you impressed with his performance and the fact Reinier didn’t get subbed in a 12-minute fight against Galvão?

He's awesome, but his talk about being the best in the world is a bit far fetched. He's made a career out of fighting nobodies. Let's see him in the UFC before we take serously anything he says about his status in the overall MMA picture.

I'd rate him a solid 5 on a scale of watermelon to Ben Askren.

Yeah, the guy is skilled, but it's hard to take the double champ status seriously when he won both titles by beating the same guy in back-to-back fights. Also, the HW division in One is a wasteland. Brandon Vera was champ for like six years and only had two defenses.

I’m curious about what you guys thought of RDR’s submission-grappling match vs André Galvão.
Was you impressed with his performance and the fact Reinier didn’t get subbed in a 12-minute fight against Galvão?

The guy is very good on the ground. I think that he'd get to contender level easily at LHW in the UFC. Just look at how far having competent BJJ has gotten Paul Craig in that division.

ONE has in theory eliminated weight cutting with hydration tests and same day way ins and day before weighs in with hydration test. Cant weigh in dehydrated. Issue is I hear ONE doesnt show the Public.
They show the weigh-in and hydration test to the public:

the HW division in One is a wasteland. Brandon Vera was champ for like six years and only had two defenses.
Their HW division has improved since Vera was champion. They have Malykhin (interim champion, undefeated 10-0), Bhullar (champion, 11-1, 4-1 in UFC), Buchecha (13x IBJJF world champion), etc. I would like to see De Ridder vs Malykhin but unfortunately Bhullar is holding the belt hostage and they probably won't do it without the belt on the line.

Their HW division has improved since Vera was champion. They have Malykhin (interim champion, undefeated 10-0), Bhullar (champion, 11-1, 4-1 in UFC), Buchecha (13x IBJJF world champion), etc. I would like to see De Ridder vs Malykhin but unfortunately Bhullar is holding the belt hostage and they probably won't do it without the belt on the line.

They say the unification fight between Arjan Bhullar and Anatoly Malykhin is on, should be announced soon

Amazing. But if the UFC does this they can do it better and the HW cap should be like 310lbs

And LHW cap 235lbs

He is double champ by beating the same guy on two divisions.

Uhhh... yeah, but how would bigdash do against a top 20 UFC fighter?

Is this Ben askren 2.0?
The WW division where Askren fought and the current UFC MW division have totally different depth.
I think a better comparison is Jiri with the LHW division

Giving off Chris Pratt vibes.

Interesting, fresh blood for Reinier’s middleweight belt ;)
Who wins between the two of them?

Last edited:
was sweet sub but i think there is levels to this little early ( keeps eye on ) to be thinking his best in world

RDR is doing seminars in Switzerland and Germany at the end of this month, so if you’re living nearby and are interested in learning from the ONE FC champ champ, now you know;)

(swipe for date and location)

How would he join the UFC if he has a championship much less 3? Doesn't ONE lock in their champs with their contracts? I even remember non champs having problems leaving the org.

This clown Ridder call a wrestler an athlete with neither 3 years of greco roman training at local level...

Reinier de Ridder vs Shamil Abdulaev is off unfortunately…

I spoke to Reinier at LFL 6 last weekend.
He told me ONE didn’t really like the idea of a promotional newcomer getting a title shot straight away.
RDR said he’s still looking for a shot at the HW-strap, that’s his ultimate goal in ONE before going to the UFC.
If that doesn’t happen next, he enjoys the idea of defending his LHW-title against Anatoly Malykhin, since Malykhin isn’t the biggest HW around and ONE’s LHW-limit is around 225 lbs.
Having said that, I doubt de Ridder can make UFC’s MW-limit of 185 lbs

upload_2022-10-4_19-37-4.jpeg

Back