• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News ONE FC double champion Reinier De Ridder wants to reach triple-champ status, before switch to UFC

ONE fighters can only dehydrate to certiain levels, supposedly, so De Ridder is not allowed to "kill himself" to make 205.
He doesnt look bigger than other UFC 185lbers
Thats probably the reason why, he isnt that much heavier than that with his current diet so he makes 205, and probably could cut to 185lbs like UFC guys do, im not sure how could he compete at the higher weight classes tho.

How is he going to sign for the UFC by the end of the year?

Have ONE Championship agreed to that, or is that just RDR's plan in his head?
He was not very transparent about his exact contractual situation (his contract with ONE is expiring, that’s what he said), but hinted that talks were ongoing and it should turn out something like I described.

He was not very transparent about his exact contractual situation (his contract with ONE is expiring, that’s what he said), but hinted that talks were ongoing and it should turn out something like I described.

Gotcha.

Not too sure about ONE, but I think the only time I remember a champion leaving was Ben Askren, and that was a pretty big and public deal?

I guess I just figured it would be harder than that, and maybe RDR is being optimistic :eek::)

Top 20 like who?
Im not sure Bigdash is ranking material in UFC but I'd expect almost nobody to dispatch him as Reinier did

Well, any top 20. It's apples to oranges at this point. Nobody he's fought has any clear comparison to ranked fighters, so it's kind of impossible to say how either bigdash or de ridder would do against ranked opponents

Kind of like Ben askren, as I say. The questions around askren were never really answered. He lost to a flying knee which didn't tell us much, he beat Lawler in pretty controversial fashion, and he had a pretty underwhelming fight against Maia but that was definitely well past his prime, so that also didn't tell us much.

I would love to see him fight some stiffer competition. I think the jury is definitely out on him, though. Being double champ in onefc higher weight divisions does not mean much, unfortunately.

I love their offerings, ill continue to tune in to onefc cards but I have a pretty hard time getting excited about the big fish there in what is a very small pond.

Well, any top 20. It's apples to oranges at this point. Nobody he's fought has any clear comparison to ranked fighters, so it's kind of impossible to say how either bigdash or de ridder would do against ranked opponents

Kind of like Ben askren, as I say. The questions around askren were never really answered. He lost to a flying knee which didn't tell us much, he beat Lawler in pretty controversial fashion, and he had a pretty underwhelming fight against Maia but that was definitely well past his prime, so that also didn't tell us much.

Around top20 at MW in UFC are Chris Curtis or Bruno Silva. Yes, I do think Bigdash or Aung La can hang at that level.
Bigdash has a win over Magomedkerimov who beat Curtis in PFL btw.

I would love to see him fight some stiffer competition. I think the jury is definitely out on him, though. Being double champ in onefc higher weight divisions does not mean much, unfortunately.

I love their offerings, ill continue to tune in to onefc cards but I have a pretty hard time getting excited about the big fish there in what is a very small pond.

I could agree here. Im not confident on double champ De Ridder making a run to a tittle shot in UFC - unless maybe with Pereira's matchmaking - but I do think he would be a legit ground threat for most ranked MWs in UFC.

Yeah it is possible the HW's in ONE are tiny and the champ is only 235lbs

HW champ who is 6'1 and 235lbs? that is like old school. I am a huge Fedor fan but not in this era is that size adequate. And yeah Cormier would get destroyed by prime fedor, ubereem, werdum, ngannou, blaydes, HW jones, etc, Stipe

He's made a career out of fighting nobodies. Let's see him in the UFC before we take serously anything he says about his status in the overall MMA picture.

I'd rate him a solid 5 on a scale of watermelon to Ben Askren.
Uhhh... yeah, but how would bigdash do against a top 20 UFC fighter?

Is this Ben askren 2.0?
Bigdash seems to have a win over magomed magomedkerimov who is killing it in PFL. He defeated there Chris Curtis twice pretty easily. Chris Curtis just fought a top 10 in UFC in short notice (Hermansson) and went to decision. Before that he was 3 and 0 in the UFC and is arguably top 20 in the UFC seing how thin that UFC division is

So, I don't know, you tell me how he would do. People are quick to look down on fighters outside the UFC because they don't know them. But Jiri became a UFC champ in his third fight, Chandler fought for the UFC belt in his second fight. UFC recognizes the talent outside the promotion and that's why they put these guys against the very best in their first fight. This guy Reiner De Ridder is undefeated...

I don't know much about him but that was a fucking slick triangle.

I need to educate myself on his fights.
He's really good.

He's got good trips and his ground game is elite. He can also take a shot. Really fun grappler.

I'm not sure he's top 5 material in the ufc but I'd love to see him. He's a really bad matchup for strikers. I think Whittaker and Vettori would give him the most trouble.

He would be a great addition.

He's really good.

He's got good trips and his ground game is elite. He can also take a shot. Really fun grappler.

I'm not sure he's top 5 material in the ufc but I'd love to see him. He's a really bad matchup for strikers. I think Whittaker and Vettori would give him the most trouble.

He would be a great addition.

Watched a couple fights then looked it up, I was thinking he's totally a Judo guy (as am I)

I love the aggressive sub style in grappling..

I feel guilty I haven't gotten into watching One very often

Reinier De Ridder wants the winner of Arjan Bhullar vs Anatoly Malykhin for his next fight to become ONE Championship triple champion, before making the switch to UFC (there are very strong rumors of RDR signing with UFC by the end of this year).
A win will make him the MW, LHW and HW champion of ONE FC.

View attachment 934482

Last weekend he put Vitaly Bigdash to sleep in the first round with an inverted triangle choke:

Never heard of this guy before but if he becomes triple champ UFC should give him an immediate title shot for his debut.
<mma4>

Awesome fighter and whether or not you think he's going to be atop dog in the UFC if you don't think he'd be a great addition to the roster then you're a fool.

He'll probably beat the fatsos at heavyweight and become a triple champ in one

Depending who the heavyweight champ, I could see if pull it off.

I watched his fights, and at 185 I could see him in the top 10 to 15 just because his ground game is high level like Demian Maia and he does a better job with getting guys to the ground.

That dude aint ever getting out of that One contract.

Bigdash seems to have a win over magomed magomedkerimov who is killing it in PFL. He defeated there Chris Curtis twice pretty easily. Chris Curtis just fought a top 10 in UFC in short notice (Hermansson) and went to decision. Before that he was 3 and 0 in the UFC and is arguably top 20 in the UFC seing how thin that UFC division is

So, I don't know, you tell me how he would do. People are quick to look down on fighters outside the UFC because they don't know them. But Jiri became a UFC champ in his third fight, Chandler fought for the UFC belt in his second fight. UFC recognizes the talent outside the promotion and that's why they put these guys against the very best in their first fight. This guy Reiner De Ridder is undefeated...

Beat Igor Svirid back when he only had one loss when he was on a streak when he beat Rinat Fakhretdinov too (still the last guy to beat Rinat)

Reinier De Ridder wants the winner of Arjan Bhullar vs Anatoly Malykhin for his next fight to become ONE Championship triple champion, before making the switch to UFC (there are very strong rumors of RDR signing with UFC by the end of this year).
A win will make him the MW, LHW and HW champion of ONE FC.

View attachment 934482

Last weekend he put Vitaly Bigdash to sleep in the first round with an inverted triangle choke:

Very impressive. He seems way too small for HW. Anyway, let's go RDR!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back