News OMG! Conor McGregor training with leg injuries

EmbarrassedTameAtlasmoth-max-1mb.gif

When my mom was 17 in Brooklyn she was talking shit to a woman in a wheelchair for whatever reason. The girl… rolled up to her and spit at my mom

my mama being Brooklyn born didn’t take that shit and went to punch her in the face. Little did she know this girl knew wheelchair karate (that’s what moms calls it I have no idea) grabbed my moms arm and spun around. Has my mom under the wheel and was getting her neck chopped until a store owner came out and stopped it

This story gets told every year amongst my family

no idea why I’m telling you

When my mom was 17 in Brooklyn she was talking shit to a woman in a wheelchair for whatever reason. The girl… rolled up to her and spit at my mom

my mama being Brooklyn born didn’t take that shit and went to punch her in the face. Little did she know this girl knew wheelchair karate (that’s what moms calls it I have no idea) grabbed my moms arm and spun around. Has my mom under the wheel and was getting her neck chopped until a store owner came out and stopped it

A heartwarming story to trot out at Christmas time, I'd think.

5fd549d51dd9028dffe36e9e21769a20.gif

J8I.gif

rule number 1 never start a fight with a person in a wheelchair, he can be a master.

Man, I wish I got paid to post circle jerk Conor threads. Would be a sweet side hustle in the WFH era.

I've heard that it's actually bad to workout like this so soon after a major surgery even. You wouldn't think so because he's working out other parts of his body but apparently it is

Any medical proof?? I am legit interested. Anything that would help increase the bloodflow throughout the body I would think is good for you.

So long as you are getting adequate rest as well?

He didn't fall off a cliff, he started running into actual contenders when it was no longer possible to just completely dodge them for unearned title shots all of the time. Don't worry though, I'm sure if he wants to keep fighting the UFC is coming up with a plan to do just that next. Maybe a Cerrone rematch, fight with Diego, or Nate 3rd.
When you have gone from knocking out José Aldo with one Punch, and putting on a virtuoso against Eddie Alverez at Madison Square Garden to not even being competitive anymore. Yes you fell off a cliff.

How do you distinguish lifting for looks vs lifting for strength? Genuinely curious

You can see that by the bodytype.
Look at his upper body and shoulders.
He does a lot of weight lifting instead of training as an athlete.
He is also very stiff now. He has way more muscle than in his Alvarez fight.

Yeah he was doing the same after the first rematch when his leg was already fked from being brutalized over and over. He gonna need a cane when he hits 45.

It's going to be a diamond cane, lol.

Dude wanted to fight old man Silva and the corpse of Diego Sanchez as a main event ppv. He knows he can't hang anymore and he's looking for gimme fights.

Silva would have absolutely wrecked him at 170, even with age and injuries.

He needs to work out those fingers for tweeting, that's the only kind of fight he can win nowadays.

No idea either.

Ultimately the whole body is connected, So makes sense that if you just had a traumatic injury and surgery, its best not to be pushing in it.

He should be resting and he definitely shouldn’t be drinking as much as he has been.
Part of the reason you're told to rest to heal is so that those physiological processes that are involved in healing can work without 'distraction.'

If those processes also have to heal your muscles after working out, then the injury could take longer to heal or have issues.

George Lockhart had a doctor on his podcast talking about this, specifically talking about Anderson Silva when there was footage of him hitting pads in a cast.

He didn't fall off a cliff, he started running into actual contenders when it was no longer possible to just completely dodge them for unearned title shots all of the time. Don't worry though, I'm sure if he wants to keep fighting the UFC is coming up with a plan to do just that next. Maybe a Cerrone rematch, fight with Diego, or Nate 3rd.

Frankie Edgar and Urijah Faber have also been mentioned repeatedly by Conor or his team.

Can't really do meaningful cardio with his current injury though.
He could do it while sitting down that's why I used the examples of the arm bicycles and arm rope pulls. He could even do rows. He could do a lot of conditioning/cardio work with his injury. He's a boxing based fighter so his arm conditioning should be on point but in his fights his arms die out in the first round. They lose a lot of speed/pop/power in the 2nd even with only minimal grappling.

Back