O'Malley is onto something ...

He probably has low-t either naturally or from his previous use of sarms. He has no ambition to be champ or succeed. Has no muscle mass and doesn't care about other men banging his girl.

If Cyril Gane had lost to Tanner Bosser and went back to fighting cans he'd be like O'Malley.

People on this forum act like O'Malley is ranked in the top 5 and is still fighting cans... Do any of you know that he isn't even ranked in the top 15. The only people that are acting like he is a world beater are the idiots on this forum. The company he works for and all the media involved in the rankings are treating him like they should be, an impressive up and comer who has beaten some talented older competition but failed when he fought someone higher than his own calibre.

When someone is coming up the rankings they get harder fights such as Almeida and Wineland but then when they lose to someone ranked higher than them (Vera) they have to go back down and fight someone lower ranked such as Raulian Paiva... The UFC is actually treating this guy like they should treat their prospects and everyone is upset about it?

He still has to fight ranked fighters in order to get to the title shot. He can skip some people, but he can't skip the whole top 10. If he gets a win in his next fight he should challenge a top 10 and then a top 5, then a title shot. But from the looks of it he's already calling out non ranked fighters again, so he's going backwards. He won't get to the title shot that way.

He still needs a top 15 win but he's keeping away from everyone in the top 15. If he wants the champion like he says, then he needs to fight ranked fighters to get there. That's the only way to the champ. Him expressing interest in the champion should mean he's expressing interest in fighting ranked fighters to get to the title shot. If he wants to get fast tracked UFC can do it, but he'll need to be willing to fight the step up in competition and win.
Didn't he call out Font/Garbrant/Cruz on twitter?

Didn't he call out Font/Garbrant/Cruz on twitter?
He's bluffing. Garbrandth is going to Flyweight so he knows it's not going to happen. He called out Cruz before he got KO. He mentioned fought because he just lost but will not try and actually get a fight with him. He can get any of those fights if he really wanted to, he just doesn't really want to. The Vera loss changed his tune a bit and Kris fight shot his confidence down a bit more. That's why after that fight he wasn't going after any big names or top ranked fighters. Lots of people called him out that were ranked when he needed a fight replacement, he ended up picking someone that wasn't even a UFC fighter. So that says everything you need to know about that.

O'Malley is a very talented striker. But he doesn't seem very durable and it's easy to dominate and overwhelm opponents when you fight lower caliber fighters. Can O'Malley go 3 or 5 full rounds vs. a top striker who will use leg kicks? Can O'Malley handle a solid wrestler/grappler? I'm guessing not since he doesn't look particularly strong and his TD defense will have to rely on controlling distance and then knees, kicks and upper cuts to discourage TD attempts to the legs. I doubt his clinch work would stop trips and throws by a stronger opponent. I think once O'Malley gets taken down, he will have trouble getting back up and will be vulnerable to GnP and submissions. I don't see him ever wearing the belt, I'm not sure he even makes it to top contender status.

Nah. BW is waaaaay too stacked rn for his to cheat his way up. Losing against Chito should tell you where his limits are currently.

You can only pad your record for so long. He's gonna have to fight someone legitimate if he wants to get a shot. So who in the top 10 would you favor him over right now? A terminator like Yan would annihilate him.
I believe any of the top guys would take his fragile self out....again.

A lot of fighters try to put themselves in the best situation to win when picking opponents, its nothing new. UFC has created a culture that its very important for each fighter, his/her team, and management to really weigh the plus and minuses of each opponent offered to them for a fight. Most fighters just don't talk about in the media.

He's done well promoting himself. He's not beaten anyone and has lost to a pretty low ranked guy and made REALLY hard work of a punchbag. I personally tune in to see him fight in the hope he'll lose and someone will wipe the smug off his face. But I watch... and I'm guessing there are a fair few like me. Pretty sure he loses again soon. He should have taken the Frankie fight. His schtick wont last long if he doesn't fight bigger names ... and if he loses to another low ranked guy... He'll get tuck there a while.

He has to move up in the level of competition he is facing for the gravy train to keep going.

You're thinking of FW Aldo.
Aldo doesn't need kicks to break O'Malley. His punches are sufficient enough. Look at how Font reacted to the strikes. His facial expressions says it all. He wasn't expecting that type of power.

A lot of fighters try to put themselves in the best situation to win when picking opponents, its nothing new. UFC has created a culture that its very important for each fighter, his/her team, and management to really weigh the plus and minuses of each opponent offered to them for a fight. Most fighters just don't talk about in the media.
Yeah some fighters do it that way, while others don't care. Some like the idea of never ducking anyone and really out there trying to test themselves so they really are willing to fight anyone. As much as people hate on Conor and Izzy I don't see them as the type to ever duck anyone. They really are trying to test themselves and fight everyone. Even fighting styles that are stylistically bad for them and even at weights they are at a disadvantage in.

Sean is good but he is collecting good checks by beating cans. Can't blame him.

The problem with Sean is he has no heart and he doesn’t seem very tough when compared to high level fighters. In a sport where you get punched and kicked those are two things you don’t want to be lacking in.

You can only get so far fighting lower ranked competition.

He's a damn good striker, and is only getting better. He needs to keep working on his grappling and keep getting sparring work in.

The reason everyone doubts him is the fact that he is soft and without combat sports credibility. He's a young dude and far from a finished product, I'm excited to see where he lands.
Only place he is landing is on the canvas from the first leg kick anyone in the top 5 lands on his chicken legs.

O'malley is just thomas almeida with dumb hair and three inches taller

Sean better pray he never faces anyone that can leg kick again :p
ThoseSilverEyas-size_restricted.gif
And people bag on WMMA for the exchanges...

Sean’s legs are like Rockhold’s chin, he’d be so much better without the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the armor

EDIT apparently that expression is illegal lol
It is not offensive. C H I N K in the context you were using it meaning:
The phrase ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in one's armor" has been used idiomatically since the mid-17th century. It is based on a definition of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: meaning "a crack or gap," dating back to around 1400.

Someone at ESPN decided it was smart to use that phrase while specifically referring to Jeremy Lin. That was offensive and stupid.

Back