O'Malley is onto something ...

The UFC knows how popular he is and is trying to pad his way to a title shot for an easy pay per view pay off. O'Malley's only happy to go along for the ride.
That's the thing I don't understand, how is he so popular? He is offensive to look at, he sounds like a total cunt when he opens his mouth and he's nothing special in the cage.

Dunno.... I have this creepy feeling that O'Malley is going to keep padding his record and will KO his way to a belt before losing it to a good wrestler's UD.

Why take any risk for equal reward against higher comp (when hes already on the main cards) and can "pad" his record and look "legit" when he hits the higher ranked echelon.

Seems like he made the right decision listening to Chael Sonnen. Like most of you should.
He still has to fight ranked fighters in order to get to the title shot. He can skip some people, but he can't skip the whole top 10. If he gets a win in his next fight he should challenge a top 10 and then a top 5, then a title shot. But from the looks of it he's already calling out non ranked fighters again, so he's going backwards. He won't get to the title shot that way.

He still needs a top 15 win but he's keeping away from everyone in the top 15. If he wants the champion like he says, then he needs to fight ranked fighters to get there. That's the only way to the champ. Him expressing interest in the champion should mean he's expressing interest in fighting ranked fighters to get to the title shot. If he wants to get fast tracked UFC can do it, but he'll need to be willing to fight the step up in competition and win.

Last edited:
He still has to fight ranked fighters in order to get to the title shot. He can skip some people, but he can't skip the whole top 10. If he gets a win in his next fight he should challenge a top 10 and then a top 5, then a title shot. But from the looks of it he's already calling out non ranked fighters again, so he's going backwards. He won't get to the title shot that way.

This is the main source of the criticism for him. Don't talk shit if you aren't willing to back it up. And at this point he hasn't been willing to take any risks after getting KO'd. Won't even admit he lost.

This is the main source of the criticism for him. Don't talk shit if you aren't willing to back it up. And at this point he hasn't been willing to take any risks after getting KO'd. Won't even admit he lost.
Yes very true, it's the reason I have a problem with him. I don't mind the trash talk if you back it up or at least try to back it up. O'Malley does none of that ever since he got knocked out.

Yes, know your worth. Sean would be a star in any org. Shift gears when you get paid.

What? Yan had literally KO'd Aldo in the fight before his fight with Aljo. And look at his resume before the Aldo fight. He had wins over multiple ranked fighters. What a shit comparison.

And his leg didn't "give out". It was hurt from a kick. Which led to him ending up on the ground. If he had any defense he wouldn't have been KO'd in 5 seconds just before the end of the round. There was nothing fluky about it. I'd favor Chito easily in a rematch, especially considering what he's done since that fight compared to what O'Malley has done.

You've been dead on about everything you have said in this thread. I have no idea what these idiots are watching because he has done nothing to show that he can hang with any of the top fighters. Comparing Yan to O'Malley? like wtf lol. Some people in this thread are acting like he's some killer because he was able to beat (and not even finish) a human punching bag in his last fight. If he ever grows a pair and starts fighting top competition, i think he gets annihilated. No way does he even sniff a championship.

You can only pad your record for so long. He's gonna have to fight someone legitimate if he wants to get a shot. So who in the top 10 would you favor him over right now? A terminator like Yan would annihilate him.

best person for him to fight is tj. Coming of roids and being 35 he is ripe for being a gatekeeper.

if marlon morares is still in the ufc that is another good option for o malley

best person for him to fight is tj. Coming of roids and being 35 he is ripe for being a gatekeeper.

if marlon morares is still in the ufc that is another good option for o malley

You'd favor him vs TJ? Based on what?

I dont see him handling the top 15, even if they are just strikers. Gotta give people the benefit of the doubt but he is going the influencer route. I don't think he can fight cans forever and almost no other fighter can get the same treatment

Hate to sound like I'm bashing him, I'm just making an assessment based off what I've seen from him. I do like his character and I love his fights, I hope the best for him

I agree. He’s only going to get more popular + more highlights for his reel

O’Malley has good striking and wisely pacing his development and experience. Not sure of his ceiling, he is far from contention but can entertain in the mid tier. Eventually he will need to take a risk but then he will ideally be in better pay situation too. So do not think he is merely padding his record even if that is sort of the outcome. He trains and gains experience/ skills. His career might last longer this route vs getting his brains thumped.

How is O’Malley not legit? The biggest issue in sports period are people that allow personal feelings towards an athlete effect their critique of them as an athlete.

I get it. People don’t like O’Malley but how can anyone not respect his skills or obvious talent. He’s an exciting, fast , creative striker that possesses legitimate power. He’s bringing more eyes to the sport as well. Will he ever be champion? Most likely not. I don’t that type or ceiling for him. Hell, I don’t even see him beating a top 5 in that division because it’s absolutely loaded.

All that being said, the sport needs more personalities like him.

The answer is very simple: fear of being cucked even more. Let's think that straight, he is skinny and look like a crackhead (far from being a sherdogger). Due that fact, the only way that he can get chicks – who, let's be honest, are usually casuals and due that easily impressed – is by smashing some cans. So he gets lower level opponents trying to not became part of a one sided open relationship.

I just kidding, probably the kid is doing right,though. Accepting hard fights in UFC usually don't work.

The man gets paid the same to fight a fight he can easily win, as he would to lose a fight and get damaged and lose hype. Some guys are just in it for money

his strategy is just a means of holding his fanbase in hopes of collecting pay without facing the stiffest competition and to me its an admission that he is aware he wouldn't beat them.

Back