News Oleksandr Usyk considers move back to Cruiserweight after Tyson Fury rematch

Could he become the Undisputed champion for a second time?

• Total voters
Kinda seems unproductive way to use unified momentum, but okay step down in competition and weight and fight less recognizable fighters.

I mean he has pretty much cleaned out the HW division. But if it was up to me rather he retire at the top in good health and enjoy his life.

Kinda seems unproductive way to use unified momentum, but okay step down in competition and weight and fight less recognizable fighters.
They're less recognizable names but Usyk vs Opetaia would be a very good fight. Okolie can probably still make cruiser and could fight Usyk there as well.

They're less recognizable names but Usyk vs Opetaia would be a very good fight. Okolie can probably still make cruiser and could fight Usyk there as well.
Yeah, idk man, Usyk is just from another planet. I feel like he could find a good fight or two at cruiser still and be in a competitive scrap, but he’s already taken the division during what felt like a stronger era, and then proceeded to wipe his ass with heavyweight just for kicks. I guess he can do as he wishes. Would put eyes on cruiser for once.

Yeah, idk man, Usyk is just from another planet. I feel like he could find a good fight or two at cruiser still and be in a competitive scrap, but he’s already taken the division during what felt like a stronger era, and then proceeded to wipe his ass with heavyweight just for kicks. I guess he can do as he wishes. Would put eyes on cruiser for once.
The previous era at cruiser was stronger but I do rate Opetaia's skills. He's also athletic and moves well. It'd be an interesting fight. As close to a mirror match as Usyk could find. We'll see though. I doubt Usyk will want to drain himself back down to cruiser now that he's grown into heavyweight. It's also dangerous for him to do it at his age.

The previous era at cruiser was stronger but I do rate Opetaia's skills. He's also athletic and moves well. It'd be an interesting fight. As close to a mirror match as Usyk could find. We'll see though. I doubt Usyk will want to drain himself back down to cruiser now that he's grown into heavyweight. It's also dangerous for him to do it at his age.
I highly doubt the move as well. The problem is after Fury 2, assuming Usyk repeats who is there besides AJ who he already spanked 2xs? Parker is an experienced stay busy, imo not likely he can upset but maybe it’ll get good. Zhang has to beat Parker first or Dubois imo. Everyone got exposed left and right. The script really got ripped to bits, only 2 guys I really want are AJ 3 and Parker. Not exactly to picture I was expecting at all.

It's one of those things just thrown around playfully while talking. Not really happening. Unless Alalshikh went crazy and wanted to see [(Beterbiev vs Bivol)winner vs Opetaia]winner against Usyk in some super fight type thing.

It's one of those things just thrown around playfully while talking. Not really happening. Unless Alalshikh went crazy and wanted to see [(Beterbiev vs Bivol)winner vs Opetaia]winner against Usyk in some super fight type thing.
Or if Canelo moves up to cruiser a fight with Usyk which was recently discussed as a possibility. Usyk has invited that fight. I don't blame him considering how much money would be involved and how easy it'd be due to the size difference.

Or if Canelo moves up to cruiser a fight with Usyk which was recently discussed as a possibility. Usyk has invited that fight. I don't blame him considering how much money would be involved and how easy it'd be due to the size difference.
I can't imagine Canelo taking that fight. I know he mentioned it before the Bivol fight but Canelo would get his ass beat if he fought Usyk

Talk was prior to Canelo's loss to Bivol. That loss has killed every opportunity of Canelo ever landing such a super fight. On the other hand a fight between Usyk vs (Beterbiev/Bivol/Opetaia)winner makes sense to a certain degree. Opetaia as you said above for being his younger mirror and Beterbiev for having history with Usyk in the amateurs, some sort of unfinished business.

Canelo has been avoiding Benavidez for years because Benavidez was too big and you think there’s a chance he would fight Usyk.

I can't imagine Canelo taking that fight. I know he mentioned it before the Bivol fight but Canelo would get his ass beat if he fought Usyk
It'd end brutally for the ginger. Canelo's only chance would be if Usyk came in severely drained after making the cut to 200 lbs.

It'd end brutally for the ginger. Canelo's only chance would be if Usyk came in severely drained after making the cut to 200 lbs.

Usyk can come from Auschwitz conditions if he wanted and he would still whip Canelo.

Usyk can come from Auschwitz conditions if he wanted and he would still whip Canelo.
He could look like this?
73398941-0-image-m-1_1689868347714.jpg

Back