Oldest movie you LIKE??

Star Wars or Halloween. They were pretty close in release. Don't watch a ton of old movies.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1931), interesting flick, I liked the stunt work, also has side boob at one point I think. Quite liked it.
Someone nominated Nosferatu earlier, it is not bad either.

King Kong
Wizard of Oz
60's Japanese monster movies (Godzilla, Mothra, Gameron, etc)

The Kid is 1921, so that might be my answer. i like a good amount of silent films, i just don't know which of the ones i like came first.

Casablanca
Gone with the wind
Mr smith goes to Washington
Snow White

All 30's I think

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920)

Sat through a movie from 1914, but didn't exactly care for it. I'd recommend Sherlock, Jr. if you've never seen a silent film before.

Dial M for Murder - 1954

I think that's the oldest one I like, but there may be something older...

The Thin Man (1934)

The movie is awesome!

And a good way to murder somebody would be to challenge them to drink a shot every time Nick or Nora Charles take a drink. They'll be dead before the murderer is revealed.

Disney - Alice in Wonderland July 28, 1951
Classics - Lawrence of Arabia 10 December 1962
Comedy - Blues Brothers June 20, 1980

I posted wizard of oz earlier. I guess thats the oldest that I actually like.

But I like a lot of the '40's crime, detective noir movies. I really like that time in America. WW2 n post ww2.

I also like a lot of 60's n 70's movies. 'Chinatown' 'the dirty dozen'. Anything with steve McQueen.

I love the 70's exploitation movies too. I grew up next to a drive in theater in the late eighties n they would play midnight movies til the sun came up.

Not counting Three Stooges movies, I would think that it would be something like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Nosferatu (1922)
Dracula,Frankenstein(1931)
Duck Soup(1933)
Reefer Madness(1936)
Wizard of Oz(1939

Probably M. M is the shit

psycho-anthony-perkins-as-norman-bates.jpg

The Birth of a Nation - D. W. Griffith

Circa 1915 I think.

Back