Oldest movie you LIKE??

Original King Kong, still the best king kong movie... but Jessica Lange from the 1976 version is stunning in that one, she was a beauty back then.

King Kong, still holds up. In some ways I prefer the obvious fakery of stop motion to the fully integrated cgi stuff in movies today

King Kong is one of my favorite older movies and I also prefer stop-motion over
CGI not really a fan of it.

all this thread has done is remind me i need to buy some movies

MV5BMTQ3MDE5NjkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY4ODc4._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Wizard of Oz probably. Citizen Kane is another obvious choice.

Citizen Kane and The Wizard of Oz are ok, but Rope (1948) and Dial M for Murder (1954) are two of my favorite movies, PERIOD.

The Birth of a Nation - D. W. Griffith

Circa 1915 I think.

2nd half was too racist for me to like it

Ha! Not but ONE guy sort of indirectly called me out on this.:redface:

That flick was an abomination.

Of course Citizen Kane is my real choice as far as oldest.

Last edited:
Rebel Without A Cause
A Streetcar Named Desire
Abbott and Costello (A Ton of Their Films)
The Wild One

Ha! Not but ONE guy sort of indirectly called me out on this.:redface:

That flick was an abomination.

Of course Citizen Kane is my real choice as far as oldest.

lol Intolerance was like Griffith's way of making up for the racism of Birth. He really went hard with the heaven ending.

Pertaining to the 30's I love City Lights and L'Atalante. Also La Grande Illusion.

i remember as a kid that we went to see the great train robbery when it came out. i liked it and stil watch it every now and then

Nosferatu (1922)

I've seen earlier but some of them were a chore to sit through. I'm light on watched silents overall.

Well I've got nothing to offer.

oldest movie i know and like is The Godfather

The Chaplin movies such as Gold Rush, The Kid, The Circus; The Alfred Hitchcock flicks, Rope, North by Northwest, Dial M for Murder, really enjoy the Marx bros flicks like Coconut, Ducksoup Horsefeathers; Sunset Boulevard is BOSS, Double Indemnity, Citizen Kane...The list goes on

Pertaining to the 30's I love City Lights and L'Atalante. Also La Grande Illusion.

My man.

Grande Illusion is great, and City Lights and L'Atalante are masterworks. That underwater scene in L'Atalante is the most beautifully poetic I've ever seen.

^^^And someone dropping the names of Marx Bros flicks? Quality thread is quality.

Back