Oldest movie you LIKE??

SwtTeaStrangler

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What's the oldest movie you have watched all the way through AND enjoy?

Doesn't count if you've seen it a few times but never from beginning to end (watching it with commercials counts).

Off the top of my head, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for me (1971).

Lookin' forward to seeing how far back some of the older doggers can go. Wondering if any of the younger ones only go back as far as the 2000's.

Nosferatu (1922)

I've seen earlier but some of them were a chore to sit through. I'm light on watched silents overall.

King Kong, still holds up. In some ways I prefer the obvious fakery of stop motion to the fully integrated cgi stuff in movies today

Not a movie, but Twilight Zone is the oldest tv series that I like.

King Kong (1933) is still an incredible movie to watch. It's mind boggling what those guys were able to accomplish.

Probably one of the Star Wars movies

To kill a mocking bird (1962)- Gregory Peck
Devil at 4 o clock(1961) - Spencer Tracy, Frank Sinatra
The Quiet Man(1952) - John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara

Nosferatu (1922)

I've seen earlier but some of them were a chore to sit through. I'm light on watched silents overall.

Got to go to an event where they played this with an orchestra backing it. It was freaking amazing.

Not a movie, but Twilight Zone is the oldest tv series that I like.

In that case, I'll have to go with The Munsters (1964).

Can't remember if I've seen any complete episodes of the original twilight zone (1959) but I have liked what I've seen.

I'll watch that movie at some point but not sure if I'll like it.

The creepiness of that performances transcends some of silent cinemas barriers for people who are not used to that style. There is some great stuff in the 1920's and i'm sure the teens too although ive only seen a few D.W. Griffith films from that time ("Intolerance" is cool just from an epic visual sense).

"The Great Train Robbery (1903)" was thrilling but that is considered a short and most people are at least familiar with some of the visuals from "A Trip to the Moon (1902)"

Easy Street (1917)

Nosferatu (1922)

Metropolis (1927)

Freaks (1932)

King Kong (1933)

Got to go to an event where they played this with an orchestra backing it. It was freaking amazing.

Cool. I need to see a silent with a live orchestra.

I forgot "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)" which would make it the earliest that I really liked.

The creepiness of that performances transcends some of silent cinemas barriers for people who are not used to that style. There is some great stuff in the 1920's and i'm sure the teens too although ive only seen a few D.W. Griffith films from that time ("Intolerance" is cool just from an epic visual sense).

"The Great Train Robbery (1903)" was thrilling but that is considered a short and most people are at least familiar with some of the visuals from "A Trip to the Moon (1902)"

I have plenty of patience for movies when I watch them with someone else. If I watch it alone and get bored, I tend to mess around (like right now, watching deadly blessing on netflix while posting) and miss stuff. I'd like to go down the list of classic horror movies at some point (frankenstein's, dracula's, wolfman's, etc. etc.) if only once. Throw in some Charlie Chaplin too.

Back