Oldest movie you LIKE??

metropolis. not even sure how old it is.

im a fugitive from a chain gang
The Cabinet of Dr Caligari

Off the top of my head:

The Sting (1973)

images

Great flick.

DW griffiths intollerance -1916

DW griffiths intollerance -1916

Came to say this. Pertaining to 20's I love Murnau's stuff. (namely Sunrise and the Last Laugh)

A trip to the moon. (1902)

It involves a bunch of girls loading up a gigantic canon with a gigantic bullet that contains a science expedition within its hull. Then they fire it... at the MOON!!!! And they hit the moon..... in its eye!

And then they meet moon people. Whom the scientists duel with their umbrellas. And the moon people die by going up in smoke!

voya.gif

Take that Moon!

Last edited:
^^^^raging bull was one of my favorites! still have it recorded on my dvr list

Found a Lawrence of Arabia dvd and I really like it. The way the Arabs treated water wells was enlightening.

I used to watch a lot of Charlie Chaplin shows at 5am before school when I was a little kid.

Spartacus (1960) is one of my favorites. Also really like Gojira (Godzilla, 1954) and King Kong (1933)

Oldest I've seen was probably 12 Angry Men

those war movies where people getting shot die like they were jumping to a swimming pool.

Nosferatu (1922)

I've seen earlier but some of them were a chore to sit through. I'm light on watched silents overall.

Same. I'm actually pretty light on classic movies. Just never had any real interest, but my mild obsession with horror movies made me go back and watch really early examples of the stuff.

King Kong and Wizard Of Oz are two of my favorite movies
Pretty surprised that so many people on here havent seen them

Back