• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old School Tech You Have And Still Like To Use? And Ones You'd Like To Get A Hold Of?

Several years ago, it wasn't easy finding a brand new landline phone with answering machine that wasn't cordless phone.

I'd like power tool like drill with regular electrical cord, not the battery type.

Still using my record player and vacuum tube amplifiers.
I finally got the system setup again recently after putting it away for a while when my kids were younger.

ri0sRrY.jpg

QP3aCig.jpg

Last edited:
Still use corded earbuds

Thought about buying a refurbished GameGear awhile back but didn't pull the trigger

Me too, sort of. I use beats flex that wrap around the neck but are bluetooth. I like them because I wont lose them on my bike.

I want an old school modem that uses dial up.

i prefer my old car to my new one as the old one had a CD player, i don't have a clue about ''downloading onto a memory stick'' and i've already pid for the tunes when i bought the CDs,

A little black book of phone numbers & contacts that I've had since I was in high school.

A actual physical copy like books.

i miss Windows XP operating system since it was the last MSFT version that worked with my all time favorite chess software Chessmaster. Ubisoft never updated Chessmaster to make it compatible with later Windows versions.

Back