Okami = stronger than Silva? fibertypes, ESD, power training ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fail-1.jpg

Did you seriously just use a guy whose WHOLE ROUTINE is on machines as proof of BB players being strong?

What, you can't train strength with machines? :rolleyes:

Just saying some NBA guys are very strong. Are they all stupid?

basketball-pwnd.jpg

33_i.jpg

pissing_elephant.jpg

owned_cervo.jpg

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH1ujxNwrkA&border=1&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH1ujxNwrkA&border=1&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

"Beyond 2 times your bodyweight is where performance training really starts to get going. Doubling your strength to 4 times your body weight doesn't do the same thing any more."

Is that your own research? Who else is in that 4-times body weight sample besides Markus Schick and his bench press shirt?

There should not be too many people who ever do any of the big three at 4 times their bodyweight, yet you make it sound like a routine. Oh wait, why going to 4 times your bodyweight anyways, since this "does not do the same thing anymore"

Hey, I see where you coming from, and that you want to look at a relationship between strength and performance in a certain exercise (you pick vertical jumps). However, it all sounds unorganized. Why do you even need that Silva Okami thing as an opener for that topic?

"Bench Press 3 sets, 10 reps, 160 lbs."
cleaves_workout1.jpg

Cleaves: "Physically I think I can match up with anybody, you know, bumping and banging because I've always stayed nice and fit. There's always room for improvement, but physically I'm ready to play."

Biancani: "We use less weight and more repetitions to keep him from getting too bulky.

cleaves_workout2.jpg

We dun nee no stinkin freewayts. We jus tryna get tone so we looks gud in are tanc topz.

"Beyond 2 times your bodyweight is where performance training really starts to get going. Doubling your strength to 4 times your body weight doesn't do the same thing any more."

Is that your own research?

It's common sense. Anyone can take you to a 2 times BW deadlift, but then it gets interesting.

Who else is in that 4-times body weight sample besides Markus Schick and his bench press shirt?

For the sake of simplicity I said 2 to 4. what I mean is obvious. It's a logarithmic function is what I'm trying to say.

There should not be too many people who ever do any of the big three at 4 times their bodyweight, yet you make it sound like a routine.

Sry. wasn't intended to sound like that.

Oh wait, why going to 4 times your bodyweight anyways, since this "does not do the same thing anymore"

lol. You're right. A bit stupid. In the deadlift 3 times BW is a nice figure to shoot for over the course of 3-5 years for someone that wants to be an advanced athlete, but 4 times, no way much less on the bench or squatting. Thanks for having me clear that up.

Hey, I see where you coming from, and that you want to look at a relationship between strength and performance in a certain exercise (you pick vertical jumps). However, it all sounds unorganized. Why do you even need that Silva Okami thing as an opener for that topic?

That's how it opened in this other Fred. I decided to bring it over here and altered it slightly, because I had written it and thought maybe it's useful for others that don't understand these relationships very well. There is lots of misconceptions about lifting strength and mat strength for example. This kind of stuff can't be said enough in MMA forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back