Ok is it just me or is everybody lying

People exaggerate a lot. Not many people started watching from ufc 1 but I am sure quite a few have watched all the early ufc's by downloading and streaming.

I often reference myself as watching "since UFC 1", but to be more accurate I mean that I started watching MMA when I first rented UFC 1 on VHS at Hollywood video.

It is crazy to think though, that some of us have literally been watching since the earliest UFCs and there are some people that are fans now that weren't even born yet.

Why is it that everybody has been watching since UFC 1 but it only had 50,000 buys? like are the PPV numbers reported wrong or did UFC have some massive VHS sales or what? the only time i saw the first 4 is when it came out on a DVD set and i only started watching by UFC 37.5.

Blockbuster was actually a big deal back in the day.

UFC 1 VHS

(notice how the tape says "FINALLY ON VIDEO!")

So yeah, it can be a little suspect when someone said they've watched the UFC since UFC 1.

Awww shit, I still have that VHS. My dad bought it way back when.

I found it somewhat boring and preferred Attitude Era WWF.

I started watching with old tapes of Vale Tudo Japan, UFC is for posers

my dad was hella into the UFC when i was a kid, right from UFC 1. i ignored it, mostly cuz i saw some guy with only one boxing glove on, and i thought that was dumb as fuck.

then i began working at a company where a cubemate kept telling me for a couple of years that the UFC got way better than it was 10 years prior. so then i tried watching again, saw gomi, saw bj penn, saw fedor, and i was totally hooked because of those 3 fighters.

so if i ever say i saw it at the beginning, i'm telling the truth, but not really meaning i was a fan since the beginning of the ufc.

I started watching regularly in 2002. But i had seen a couple of events before then.

Can't speak for others but I watched UFC 1-5 (I think?) on tape rental from my local movie rental shop. Was a casual fan thereafter for a long time. Didn't start buying PPVs until a few years ago

Been watching since ufc 2. Fun fact: you can record video onto a vhs cassette.

how long you've been following is the sherdog equivalent of how many girls you've slept with - it's everything, and also pointless.

what matters more is how much you've watched so that you don't fall for every new so-so talent being a future HOF'er, or think someone you didn't follow being overrated since you were more familiar with later greats.

I remember watching Dan Severn or Don Frye fighting someone, or even possibly each other; someone with mustache for sure.

I can't recall which UFC was but it was around 96-97. I was a very young kid then. VHS!

I had one of those illegal boxes.

I remember being pretty young and it had playboy...then one day BAM! I had access to spice.

I watched the first 10 or so on VHS rental after they had already been on PPV. I was like a year or two late on each one. Didn't matter though. I was stuck in Guam and this here thing called the interwebz was not something that I had easy access to. Therefore, when my buddies and I would watch it would be all new stuff to us.

Watched Inoki vs Ali live before I was conceived.

I saw them when they came out on tape, then literally took about 13 thirteen years off from watching the sport.

Human beings can be seriously pathetic. How badly do you need to be accepted if you'll do or say anything to fit in.

That's a sign of low self esteem and insecurity.

i had all on vhs....bought them too....trained before you youtube chumps were sukin on that tittty

Back